The discovery thread!
Jan 25, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #54,392 of 100,514
Volt scale up better with a good dap or wait to read about L&P W1/W2 if you prefer dongles

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #54,393 of 100,514
Definitely. Lastly which produces better quality music between the iBasso dc03 and the Helm Bolt
You should be looking at E1DA 9038S G3 Susum Edition DAC.

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #54,395 of 100,514
3000 edition or 2000
Depends. Perhaps there is a thread dedicated to to E1DA and do some research. You need power if you gonna use it on 3DT and Volt.

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #54,397 of 100,514
It's all good. This is 2.5mm and we need 3.5mm
Are you using indoors or outdoors? Are your phones wireless charging capable?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #54,400 of 100,514
Jan 25, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #54,401 of 100,514
Well that was the craziest week I've had in a long time. I haven't bought anything for myself as far as something fun or something other than a necessity like food etc since my father passed in late 2018. I am just now finally coming to terms and dealing with the loss instead of stuffing my feelings and trying to ignore them. Music truly transports me to a better place, it is unexplainable how much my mood has been uplifted since I've invested in high quality headphones and iems. Though it seems that I am frivolously blowing money by the thousand, it really does serve a purpose and in my opinion the improvement in my mental health is a big enough reason to justify the purchases and then some. Happiness is priceless, and this new hobby is amazing. Thank you all for accepting me with kindness and open arms.

Cam

Jan 25, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #54,402 of 100,514
Well that was the craziest week I've had in a long time. I haven't bought anything for myself as far as something fun or something other than a necessity like food etc since my father passed in late 2018. I am just now finally coming to terms and dealing with the loss instead of stuffing my feelings and trying to ignore them. Music truly transports me to a better place, it is unexplainable how much my mood has been uplifted since I've invested in high quality headphones and iems. Though it seems that I am frivolously blowing money by the thousand, it really does serve a purpose and in my opinion the improvement in my mental health is a big enough reason to justify the purchases and then some. Happiness is priceless, and this new hobby is amazing. Thank you all for accepting me with kindness and open arms.

Cam
Just don't get addicted to making yourself feel better by spending money: make sure it's the listening experience that improves your mood and not the fact of emptying your wallet. Ultimately, it's your money, so no one can tell you how to spend it, but take it from me - don't beggar yourself. You're diving headfirst into a new hobby, and before you know it, you'll have more hi-fi equipment than you'll know what to do with. Baby steps.

"He who knows that enough is enough will always have enough."

Jan 25, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #54,403 of 100,514
Just don't get addicted to making yourself feel better by spending money: make sure it's the listening experience that improves your mood and not the fact of emptying your wallet. Ultimately, it's your money, so no one can tell you how to spend it, but take it from me - don't beggar yourself. You're diving headfirst into a new hobby, and before you know it, you'll have more hi-fi equipment than you'll know what to do with. Baby steps.

I've spent roughly $2,000 of my own money and what I've got in return definitely exceeds the amount paid. Terminator, Yume, ae3, Fan, Orb, bd005 pro, td2, very nice upgrade cables from EA, Penon, CEMA, NiceHCK, Tri Through, FAAEAL, and around 30 sets of varying tips, with a dac/amp by jds labs and now a new portable dac/amp. I'm pretty sure I could get my money back if all else fails. My mom definitely spent more but hey she also got the Volt and the Totem so she won

Jan 25, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #54,404 of 100,514

Lovely words:beerchug:

Jan 25, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #54,405 of 100,514
congrats on your mom retirement! She's definitely found a great hobby...and you too. Btw, the Penon Volt was @audio123 big recc for 2020, so i'd think real hard about picking it up.
If anyone need any advices, just ask me away as I have experience with all if not most IEMs. Will definitely help when I am free. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back