The discovery thread!
Jan 17, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #54,046 of 103,083
Dharmasteve, any comparisons of FAN to blon03, Urbanfun, it00? Does it have any of the warm/organic tuning/timbre or completely neutral? Is it an upgrade to those? Would like a more detailed blon03 :wink:
Any fit issues with fan or mt300? Are they both comfortable to wear?
Any more observations always appreciated!
The Fan is not as warm as the three you mention of which I have them all. Trouble is the Ybf-iss014 and the Blon 03 are so good to listen to. Bass is more controlled than the Blon 03 but not as good as the YBF, except sub-bass which is excellent on the Fan. Every time I put the YBF on I realise how good they are. The Blon 03 has that little 'Je ne sais quoi'. The Fan is not dry or neutral in the sense of boring at all. It has clarity and musicality, really good sub-bass and more general detail. Just a different presentation to any of the other three. The Penon Fan is not an improved Blon or YBF but the Fan stands on it's own different presentation. I have no idea how they stand up to the Orb or Volt.
The MT300 I find is an awkward fit but acceptable...unusual shape and unusual angle of entry for my ears. They sound great though. The Penon Fan has a deep and big shell but they fit my ears well.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #54,047 of 103,083
Hello everyone. I enjoy thick, thumping bass. I got the Tin T2 Plus recently and the bass just wasn't there for me. To my ears it was very weak and my songs weren't fun anymore. PS: I mostly listen to pop and hip-hop/rap. So I'm on the hunt for a bassier iem. Reading through this thread and lots of Head-Fi reviews, I got down to these: BLON BL-01, Tiandirenhe TD06 2020, Tripowin TC-01, TFZ No.3 19th and the **** MT300. Which would you guys recommend me the most as the most fun and "capable" one? I currently use a Sonata HD Pro, but am planning on getting an ifi hip dac or similar usb-powered dac/amp combo in the near future. Thank you in advance!
My favorite bass-head IEMs are the iBasso IT00 (as already recommended), and the Urbanfun YBF. The main downside of the YBF is poor QC, especially regarding the MMCX connector. The main downside of the IT00, is driver flex for most people.

Jan 18, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #54,050 of 103,083
This is new. @ $139
Rose-Qt7-Mk3-700x700.jpg

Rose QT-7MK3 Dynamic + BA Hybrid MMCX 3D Printing HiFi In-ear Earphone IEM

Description

Comfortable wearing comes from excellent ergonomics.

Compact shade, even girls can use it perfectly.

Suit for classical, rock, pop, female music

Detachable cable

Wearing around the ear

Complementary pronunciation

Display music details

OFC professional cable

Professional manufacturing team, process materials at any cost

Advanced technology guarantees the safety, reliability and firmness of earphone housing.

Acrylic polymer materials, to eliminate the shortcomings of the old resin material which is easy to break, it would be intact when drop from 10 meters. The cost is 3.5 times of traditional 3D printing.

Leading tuning acoustic structure design

New generation of dynamic and balanced armature structure

The distance difference between the two drivers from the sound outlet is small, the phase difference is small, and the connection problem is small.

Common dynamic and balanced armature structure

The distance between the two drivers is too large from the sound outlet, the phase distortion is large, and the connection problem is severe.

Goertek

From the listed company Goer Acoustics, the fixed 10mm ccaw coil n42 magnetic steel low-frequency bass powerful, excellent elasticity and not muddy.

Sonion

Balance armature driver import from global famous Danish acoustics.

The balanced armature driver unit is imported from the world-famous Danish sound acoustics. This driver has a vast medium frequency and excellent vocal high frequency. It is a driver used in many top-grade earphones. It is extremely expensive and is not comparable to foreign garbage hearing aid driver.

Specification

Brand: Rose Technics

Model: QT-7 MK3

Driver: Dynamic + Balanced armature

Impedance:14Ω

Sensitivity: 106dB

Frequency Range:20-20000Hz

Connector:3.5mm

Length:120±5cm

Weight: 19±5g

Pin : mmcx

Package

Rose Technics QT-7MK3 earphone

Carry Case

1 pair of foam eartips

3 pairs of silicone eartips

FREE Mic Cable

Also. Penonaudio is now selling JVC spiral dots. Good news for guys that requent the site.
Are these worth $89 today? I see then for that price right now but dont know if they're outdated

Jan 18, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #54,051 of 103,083
Hello everyone. I enjoy thick, thumping bass. I got the Tin T2 Plus recently and the bass just wasn't there for me. To my ears it was very weak and my songs weren't fun anymore. PS: I mostly listen to pop and hip-hop/rap. So I'm on the hunt for a bassier iem. Reading through this thread and lots of Head-Fi reviews, I got down to these: BLON BL-01, Tiandirenhe TD06 2020, Tripowin TC-01, TFZ No.3 19th and the **** MT300. Which would you guys recommend me the most as the most fun and "capable" one? I currently use a Sonata HD Pro, but am planning on getting an ifi hip dac or similar usb-powered dac/amp combo in the near future. Thank you in advance!
You could try the Open Heart Resin. Superb bass but not basshead and very capable elsewhere.

Jan 18, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #54,052 of 103,083
That's because it sounds a bit boring. :wink:

They are not boring. HBB rec'd them as one of hid favorite bass thumpers. Now did i like them? they were alright. They are middlers for me, but i'm not a basshead in the least. i'm probably the opposite.

Jan 18, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #54,053 of 103,083
Of the ISN D10, ISN H40, Penon Orb, Magosi X3, Rose QT7 HK3 ($89) BGVO ArtMagic DH3 or ArtMagic VG4 go with the Penon Fan the best? Have to get the Fan as I'm getting it discounted at $70. Budget is $330 after the fans are bought.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #54,055 of 103,083
I have to say I was impressed by the visuals on those. They look really nice. Wasn't familiar with them. Thank you!

I've been enjoying the Tiandirenhe TD06, which is believed to be the OEM version of the Openheart Resins. The TD06 features three pairs of tuning nozzles that increase the bass quantity from the default. I wrote up some impressions that you can read about here.

Jan 18, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #54,057 of 103,083
I've been enjoying the Tiandirenhe TD06, which is believed to be the OEM version of the Openheart Resins. The TD06 features three pairs of tuning nozzles that increase the bass quantity from the default. I wrote up some impressions that you can read about here.

The Open Heart is less bassy then the TD06. Who does not like the exaggareted bass of the TD06, the Open Heart is a good choice.

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #54,058 of 103,083
@Slater
20210115_231057.jpg
What will you think of this design? There's 3 red channeling sound tubes. Any chances it's an open venting IEMs?

Another member sent me this model a few years ago when it first came out. So I’ve had a chance to listen to it and examine its structure.

The 3 more holes in the nozzle are fake. The nozzle itself is just like the nozzle of most earphones (a single sound tunnel). The part with the 3 holes is just a decorative cap that is glued on the end.

Directly under the 3-hole cap is a foam filter, so it is impossible to see down inside the nozzle to know that it’s not actually 3 separate sound channels. I was able to remove the foam piece using some fancy trickery, at which point I could see how the nozzle was set up.

As far as the sound, it was ok. Nothing mind blowing. I remember it sounding kind of muffled, which is why I thought removing that foam would help.

Anyways, like most models from that manufacturer, it’s well built and fits ergonomically. But nowadays there are better options out there. For example, there are a few KZ models that I’d prefer over that one.

But if I had the opportunity to buy that model for really cheap, I wouldn’t be against picking it up.

I hope that helps.

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #54,059 of 103,083
That's because it sounds a bit boring. :wink:
I dont like it because it is super boomy and the bass is bleeding into the entire range, so when it should have treble (according to graph) it sounds dark and muddy.

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #54,060 of 103,083
So, seeing with some earbuds, the use of Tungsten coated drivers. Anyone seen that in an in-ear model. Interesting. Perhaps something they deem better for earbuds maybe due to warmth and bass?? Just odd. AT ADX5000 uses it too but it is also open. Could be just coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back