The discovery thread!
Sep 1, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #49,607 of 106,822
I own the Monarch’s and the hype is real. From what I read in the linsoul discord, they are trying to improve QC. Hopefully for them better QC will turn skeptics into believers.

good to see if they are care to improve their QC and reliability. I like the Clairvoyance tuning better but Monarch seems better in technicalities, but both have more boosted 3khz around +10db (harman target reference) which are my weakness. But i really keen to hear them when I got chance, sadly can't demoing all ThieAudio line ups

Sep 1, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #49,608 of 106,822
I own the Monarch’s and the hype is real. From what I read in the linsoul discord, they are trying to improve QC. Hopefully for them better QC will turn skeptics into believers.
They gotta act fast. Even those with a reputation of being Linsoul shills are starting to call out their QC issues. That can't be good for their reputation. Can it?

Sep 1, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #49,609 of 106,822
NF Audio NM2+ (DD) = 170 usd
1598953425363.png

https://penonaudio.com/nf-audio-nm2-plus.html

Sep 1, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #49,611 of 106,822
I don't trust anything being said about any Thieaudio pair as a general rule. Linsoul is shady and would never get that kind of money from me.... I would wait a lot longer for these pairs to get to more real folks opinions.
I completely understand the sentiment, and share it to a degree, but FWIW, with regards to the Monarch and Clairvoyance specifically, I haven’t read about any significant QC issues thus far. Also, there have been quite a lot of “real folks” opinions on the Monarch at least. I understand being wary of hype, but I wouldn’t classify Crinacle has a hype guy at all. He tends to be very critical and very difficult to impress.

Sep 1, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #49,612 of 106,822
I completely understand the sentiment, and share it to a degree, but FWIW, with regards to the Monarch and Clairvoyance specifically, I haven’t read about any significant QC issues thus far. Also, there have been quite a lot of “real folks” opinions on the Monarch at least. I understand being wary of hype, but I wouldn’t classify Crinacle has a hype guy at all. He tends to be very critical and very difficult to impress.

Didn't Crinacle himself receive a dodgy unit and they had to send one again over to him?

Sep 1, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #49,613 of 106,822
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001313423049.html

BQEYZ lucky bag!!!!!!! Or rather lucky vending machine.

I think so far BQEYZ has generally good reviews for their gear, so this might be a win-win situation to take a punt! Seems Spring 1 or Spring 2 is inside the draw too!

Capture.PNG

Ok my vending machine BQEYZ thingy came today in the mail. It's the BQEYZ KB1 + a spare regular cable. Aww no spring 2! But at least no BT thingy.

Sep 1, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #49,614 of 106,822
That's the thing with Chi-fi, QC really scares me from ordering expensive IEMs from China. I was considering ordering either the ThieAudio Monarch or the Blessing 2 but I'd spend a little more and go with a safer option (e.g. Andromeda). I'd sacrifice a bit of sound quality (according to crin's reviews) for a bit more piece of mind, a decent trade-off imo

Sep 1, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #49,615 of 106,822
Ok my vending machine BQEYZ thingy came today in the mail. It's the BQEYZ KB1 + a spare regular cable. Aww no spring 2! But at least no BT thingy.

Mine is on the way and i got a bluetooth cable. I don’t mind the BT cable though. They forgot to include the IEM in the package so they have shipped out another package to me.

Sep 1, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #49,616 of 106,822
Didn't Crinacle himself receive a dodgy unit and they had to send one again over to him?

This just worries me even more lol, he didn't really mention this anywhere in his review right? Kind of deceptive on his part, as QC is a major factor of many people's decision towards buying an expensive IEM. I ain't dropping loads of money on a faulty unit lol...

Sep 1, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #49,617 of 106,822
TBT, He is overly critical and I honestly wonder if he gets any enjoyment out of the hobby... His opinions are worth just about zero to me. He is my example of a reviewer I give Zero credence to from a personal subjective taste standpoint. The only pair I really agree with him on is the blon. Pairs he likes are generally pretty drab to me.... Pairs he trashes I either like, or can be fixed with very minor EQ.

That being said, he does seem to be one of the more trustworthy reviewers in the sense of not being a total shill.

He's like the opposite of a hobbyist like me though. I like a vast majority of gear I get (one of the few things in life where I'm an optimist) and he seems to hate most of it. His general attitude bums me out. Get another hobby that brings you joy buddy....

Sep 1, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #49,618 of 106,822
TBT, He is overly critical and I honestly wonder if he gets any enjoyment out of the hobby... His opinions are worth just about zero to me. He is my example of a reviewer I give Zero credence to from a personal subjective taste standpoint. The only pair I really agree with him on is the blon. Pairs he likes are generally pretty drab to me.... Pairs he trashes I either like, or can be fixed with very minor EQ.

That being said, he does seem to be one of the more trustworthy reviewers in the sense of not being a total shill.

He's like the opposite of a hobbyist like me though. I like a vast majority of gear I get (one of the few things in life where I'm an optimist) and he seems to hate most of it. His general attitude bums me out. Get another hobby that brings you joy buddy....

Kind of agree, his idea of a perfect sound signature (S grade) is a little bit too vanilla and boring for me. I think the best way to find great recommendations is to find a user here with extensive IEM history who's idea of perfect sound signature is similar to yours. Very hard to do though, I'm finding out that everyone has their own unique preferences

Sep 1, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #49,620 of 106,822

I appreciate Crinacle's reviews. For me, there are a lot of headphones/earphones that can impress me in brief (<1 hour) listens, but if I sit down and listen for 6 hours, they can aggravate/annoy/tire me. It takes a special piece of equipment to both sound good and not annoy or exhaust me in an all-day listening session. I don't think a lot of reviews take that into account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back