The discovery thread!
Aug 31, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #49,591 of 106,825
Where did you guys get that deal?

A seller on eBay had some for sale a while back. I also bought a Laguz for £25 from him but these aren't worth it. I try to check eBay daily for brands/models I'm interested in and when a bargain shows I jump on it if I can afford it, got a new pair of Hifiman RE800 for £135 last week.

Aug 31, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #49,592 of 106,825
Rose Miracle. Well, I did it. This is the boldest "blind buy" of expensive IEM I've ever done yet. The cable in the pics is $5 Kbear copper. I will try stock cable later. Usually I don't touch the accessories on new purchases, until establish that it's a keeper. I think it is. Pictures don't do it justice. They're small, smaller than Orb, I think.
Venting is a bit too much for outside use. I get wind noise just by fast walking inside the building. So, fail on this expectation so far.
I thought, that if I don't get wow moment on anything OOTB, or in first 3 hours, - likely a failure. But I got at least one so far. Stage is so spacious, that during one of the Polo & Pan ambient songs was momentarily getting slightly dizzy. It was a few "holly *%&^, what was that?" moments.
4 hours in, it's getting too bassy, so I hope burn in will help. But I didn't passively burned them, Just listened OOTB.
1598908994249.png
1598909181532.png
1598909230380.png

Shout out and special thanks to @jant71 for this post:
Hallelujah! It Is a Miracle!!! The Rose Miracle EST... https://penonaudio.com/rose-miracle-est.html
1598094159725.png
4EST plus 2 DD per side. F.R. of 0 to infinity, I mean 4 - 96,000

"4 parallel electrostatic units are used to achieve a high frequency response close to 100kHz.

The special custom 8mm dynamic unit adopts PEK diaphragm and cooperates with Daikoku alloy coil to show accurate and rich texture in the medium and high frequency.

The special custom 12mm dynamic unit adopts PU diaphragm and cooperates with the Daikoku pure copper coil to bring strong low-frequency dynamic performance."

Would be nicer if the upgrade cable was the stock cable. Certainly doesn't look like much in the unboxing experience and accs. for the price. I like Rose. If I had the extra money I would grab one of these.

Aug 31, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #49,593 of 106,825
Rose Miracle. Well, I did it. This is the boldest "blind buy" of expensive IEM I've ever done yet. The cable in the pics is $5 Kbear copper. I will try stock cable later. Usually I don't touch the accessories on new purchases, until establish that it's a keeper. I think it is. Pictures don't do it justice. They're small, smaller than Orb, I think.
Venting is a bit too much for outside use. I get wind noise just by fast walking inside the building. So, fail on this expectation so far.
I thought, that if I don't get wow moment on anything OOTB, or in first 3 hours, - likely a failure. But I got at least one so far. Stage is so spacious, that during one of the Polo & Pan ambient songs was momentarily getting slightly dizzy. It was a few "holly *%&^, what was that?" moments.
4 hours in, it's getting too bassy, so I hope burn in will help. But I didn't passively burned them, Just listened OOTB.
1598908994249.png1598909181532.png1598909230380.png

Bravo! It is not an easy decision to plunge for a blind purchase but it sounds like your bravado paid off. Great when it all comes together!

Aug 31, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #49,594 of 106,825
synergy is so funny. on my other players, the Sennheiser Jubilee's sounded better than my Status Audio CB-1. Playing through my Hiby R5, i's not even close. The CB-1 sound much better, with a more clear full sound, with similar treble and more taut impactful bass. Mids are also not as recessed as the Senns (actually not much recess at all). So getting excellent sound out of my cheapo cans.

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #49,595 of 106,825
Bravo! It is not an easy decision to plunge for a blind purchase but it sounds like your bravado paid off. Great when it all comes together!
Thank you! This just appears crazier than it actually is. I've done my homework by reading every available review on Rose other IEMs. Rose Technics appears to be very innovative company, that has consistent house-sound. They have DD-bass IEM, good all BA IEMs, with smooth but extended treble. Their tuning happens to be close to my preference. Closer than Mofasest Trio, though, at this time Trio remains better balanced with more controlled bass.
Folks, don't get me wrong, I still love Trio, but trying IEM with double the EST goodness, and no BA - was too much to resist.:beyersmile:
To be fair, Trio BAs are bugging me the least, even less than Blessing2. Those Sonion BAs are pretty good for vocals. That said, my personal preference is - vocals and mids in general done by DD.
Trio is still #1 on the go, thanks to strong isolation and strong sub-bass(with everything else being topnotch as well). I wish Rose Miracle had that bass.
Also, interestingly enough, Rose has better synergy with iBasso DX160. Hiby R5 is good, but DX160 simply blew me away! Miracle indeed. This weekend will try, if I finally can make ier-M9 portable. It looks like aggressive DX160 output can bring M9 to life.
Go figure, BGGAR and several other reviewers were saying that DX150 soundstage was inferior to R6/pro, well, at least with Orb and Miracle DX160 blows R5 out...
That could be again, due to my preference. I'm a treble-head. My brain needs extended treble, to perceive soundstage.
It remains to be seen if DX160 and Miracle without synergy, will blow me away, but they did blow a hole in my audio budget. So I will try my best to refrain from ordering more IEMs this year. :):vulcan:

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #49,597 of 106,825
Is trial an error the only way to figure out what sounds true neutral to my ears? (assuming it's even possible in the first place)

You can always use EQ to tweak something to where it sounds neutral to you. Then look at the published FR graphs and subtract what EQ changes you made. And boom, you have your ideal neutral graph. Then you can look for gear with that same graph.

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #49,598 of 106,825
1598908994249.png1598909181532.png1598909230380.png

congrats on your brave moves, what EST that they are using? Driver configuration is unique on these sets. How is the mid section?

Aug 31, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #49,600 of 106,825
Regarding the Mofasest Trio, is there any thought about this set compared to one of the ThieAudio EST twins, the Monarch and Clairvoyance? $200 more than the Trio, Crinacle certainly likes them.

Sep 1, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #49,601 of 106,825
Regarding the Mofasest Trio, is there any thought about this set compared to one of the ThieAudio EST twins, the Monarch and Clairvoyance? $200 more than the Trio, Crinacle certainly likes them.
I don't trust anything being said about any Thieaudio pair as a general rule. Linsoul is shady and would never get that kind of money from me.... I would wait a lot longer for these pairs to get to more real folks opinions.

Sep 1, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #49,602 of 106,825
I don't trust anything being said about any Thieaudio pair as a general rule. Linsoul is shady and would never get that kind of money from me.... I would wait a lot longer for these pairs to get to more real folks opinions.

ok, strong words. I did have a Legacy 9 for awhile, and that experience did not turn out as I had hoped.

Sep 1, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #49,603 of 106,825
I was really disappointed when i bought the L3 last time & they certainly have been into my blacklist because of that.

Sep 1, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #49,604 of 106,825
Thats why I really hesitate to get ThieAudio brand, either hyped reviews or their QC problems or too much unit variation issues.
I grabbed the Mofasest Trio instead, i just dont have faith to gamble with (even though this Mofasest also gamble actually). Next will be straight up to Sony Z1R (if that day ever happen, sigh)

Sep 1, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #49,605 of 106,825
Thats why I really hesitate to get ThieAudio brand, either hyped reviews or their QC problems or too much unit variation issues.
I grabbed the Mofasest Trio instead, i just dont have faith to gamble with (even though this Mofasest also gamble actually). Next will be straight up to Sony Z1R (if that day ever happen, sigh)
When i buy it, i already set my expectation low. But i really didn't expect them to be that low. Sorry to say but for me they are total garbage overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back