The discovery thread!
Jan 18, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #46,186 of 99,885
TRi I3 is playing at a different level sonically. Diamond is a solid single dynamic in ear that has a safe tuning a bit relaxed in sonics minus bass but has good timbre and imaging. The Tri I3 sound like speakers in your ears. Completely different level in sound stage and depth. One of the absolute best mids I have heard to date on anything. Full low rumbly sub bass. Clean treble that is also non fatiguing. I like em both but Tri I3 scales even better with amps and cable swaps. Has more head room for sound expansion. The only few quibbles I have on the Tri I3 is that the housing is one of the larger universal designs out there. Might not fit smaller ears. The mmcx on them are just standard and nothing that seems reinforced. Gotta be careful when you are trying to do cable swaps.

Diamonds housing is much smaller and is more comfy in comparison. But if your interested in which one has the grander sound it is the Tri I3. One of the best at any cost that I have heard actually.

I haven't done a head to head against my Solaris yet but sound stage is similar to them which the Solaris is known for.
Thanks for the detail explanation I guess I know will one I am heading for soon

Jan 18, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #46,187 of 99,885
Has anyone by chance been in contact with Linsoul in the last couple days? I think they are on holiday but I'm not sure if they are completely closed, even to customer service, or if they are just ignoring me..
I'm getting electrical shocks from the right earpiece of my BLON-03. I've tried another cable and it seemed to work for a short while but it's started again.

Jan 18, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #46,188 of 99,885
Has anyone by chance been in contact with Linsoul in the last couple days? I think they are on holiday but I'm not sure if they are completely closed, even to customer service, or if they are just ignoring me..
I'm getting electrical shocks from the right earpiece of my BLON-03. I've tried another cable and it seemed to work for a short while but it's started again.

I asked this from their customer service chat yesterday and they said they will be closed and not shipping until end of Chinese New Year holiday. Don't know if the customer service will be active.

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #46,190 of 99,885
You know what Chinese new years is like. It is a bit like when you was 20 years old. Can't hang with the teen crowd. Can't go to the clubs and bars either. Just have to wait for a year so you can hang with the 21 and over crowd. Lol.

Joking aside. I wish the US celebrated Chinese New years. Then I would have half a month off instead of one day. I like Chinese new years better.

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #46,191 of 99,885
I asked this from their customer service chat yesterday and they said they will be closed and not shipping until end of Chinese New Year holiday. Don't know if the customer service will be active.
Sounds about right, because that was the same scenario last year. Many people were bitching about how they ordered stuff from Aliexpress, and it took extra time to get shipped out to the west because of Chinese New Year. Many were complaining that they ordered their items and it took longer for them to arrive (even though the sellers on Aliexpress, Linsoul, Penon, etc. did in fact mention it in their shipping details).

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #46,192 of 99,885
You know what Chinese new years is like. It is a bit like when you was 20 years old. Can't hang with the teen crowd. Can't go to the clubs and bars either. Just have to wait for a year so you can hang with the 21 and over crowd. Lol.

Joking aside. I wish the US celebrated Chinese New years. Then I would have half a month off instead of one day. I like Chinese new years better.
Yeah, but you gotta also remember that their work days are alot longer than is typical in our Western society. Factory type workers (and those companies/sellers on Aliexpress that we buy from) work minimum 12 hour days. Some work more like 16 hours, and sleep a few hours per shift at the jobsite. And they're not exactly making union wages either. They don't get alot of time off, so my heart goes out to them. This is the one time of year where they can rest and relax at home with their families.

Jan 19, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #46,193 of 99,885
Quite curious how ISN H40 will perform with high end cables so decided to pair it with my PW Monile 4 Wire Shielding Version out of my iBasso DX220 and I am glad to try it, extremely impressed. Really cannot think of any IEM at this price point that is capable of such scaling as good as the H40. Brilliant!

Jan 19, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #46,194 of 99,885

@Dsnuts,

Unless you're in China, the month off only applies, most other Asian countries with Chinese communities don't get that long, if you're lucky, maybe 5 to 10 days, average is 3 at best.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 19, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #46,195 of 99,885
DK3001 pro looks good. I just bought a Blessing 2 so that is where my funds went. I am an equal opportunity enthusiast. Each brand poses a different take on sound so I actually liking having an example of a manufacturers sound from different brands for my collection.

As I am starting to write more reviews I have discovered brands I have never heard of like NF audio Tansio Mirai and ISN- Thanks to Penon, that actually is outdoing a lot of the premier brands in the market. Hate to admit it but I am no longer the AT JVC superfan like my avatar would suggest. Haven't been for a while actually. The stuff you can buy for what their entry level earphones cost is mind blowingly better at the same cost level.

I lost interest in what AT has been doing as the brand simply don't have any real value now a days. Hate to say it but Chi fi has passed them in value a long time ago. I have no idea what is new with AT now a days but it will take a revolutionary sound from them at a real nice price for me to start looking at their stuff again that is for certain. In any case.

I feel I am learning more about the industry in trying out different brands as well. I think brands that know their competition and what they are going up against will be the ones to make the moves. Because SQ has ramped up so much for any given phone at all levels now. You would be foolish not to know what your facing against. It will be the small brands that know what they are facing up against vs the big brands if you think about it.

Hi @Dsnuts,

You're not missing much or anything at all from AT, have no clue about JVC but agree the AT boat sailed away long past without them...
Also, some retailers are still told by AT a lot of their higher end gear can't be demo & has been this way for some time which is a shame...
Subjectively & personally, AT seems to be in the mindset Nintendo still is with some of their products, eg multiple variations on Mario, etc, Sony too but that might just be a cultural thing though I don't want to rock the proverbial by saying that...simply an observation...nothing more.

Just my 2 cents on to other matters, I also agree it's good a lot of companies, especially from China are emerging with more good gear than bad at highly competitive price points so even with the exchange rate high on my end given I'm outside US & Europe, it is possibly more worthwhile than not...
Other Asian brands seem to be doing well but haven't tried many from others outside China so can't comment on those...

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 19, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #46,196 of 99,885
Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #46,197 of 99,885
I lost interest in what AT has been doing as the brand simply don't have any real value now a days. Hate to say it but Chi fi has passed them in value a long time ago. I have no idea what is new with AT now a days but it will take a revolutionary sound from them at a real nice price for me to start looking at their stuff again that is for certain. said:
[COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)
I lost interest in what AT has been doing as the brand simply don't have any real value now a days. Hate to say it but Chi fi has passed them in value a long time ago. I have no idea what is new with AT now a days but it will take a revolutionary sound from them at a real nice price for me to start looking at their stuff again that is for certain. In any case. [/FONT]

[/COLOR]

Perhaps they are becoming serious again.
https://www.headfonia.com/audio-technica-athiex1-firstlook/

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #46,198 of 99,885
Jan 19, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #46,199 of 99,885
Oh yea AT always has nice looking stuff. Their use of titanium metal and the allure of a shiny new flagship. Most definitely hanging fruit. For the cost I bet there are $500 earphones that are being sold right now that have a better sound. That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

IF AT gave me a $1200 flagship earphone to review I am sure I will bend my ways and learn to like it myself. I would take that initial view with much grain. However that guy did clue in on some sound quarks on his impressions. I am sure it sounds good. It better for the cost but. As of now I have no reason to even be remotely interested in those. They need to prove that they can come out with a $130 phone that trounces earphones that cost 3X the cost. Then maybe I can be interested.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #46,200 of 99,885
So I created an NF audio impressions thread. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nf-audio-impression-thread.923589/

NA1s been in my ears and I have to say these are thread worthy. I will be writing a review on these but for now subscribe to the NF audio thread as I will post some impressions of the new NA2 on there as well. Should have my NA2 next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back