The discovery thread!
Jan 17, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #46,156 of 100,862
Indeed the NA1 are a very clear sounding IEM with a high level of detail retrieval, leaner mids and a bass with a sub bass tilt with great extension. And indeed imaging is pinpoint precise. I found them a lot of fun on modern pop and EDM, but I like a bit more lower mids in general for most other genres. I don't know where you're at, but they need serious burn in... the sub bass on these is really something extension is top tier both ways actually.

I have them in my ears as I am typing. Took them off the burner. Don't know if you ever heard the Beyer Xelentos but that is what these kinda remind me of. That sub bass quantity is of similar emphasis. Treble extension here as well as the way imaging is. These make for perfect low volume listening due to that hyper detail.

Oh by the way. So it looks like I will be getting the NA2s. Will let eveyone know how those are in comparison to the NA1. If those have 90% of the detail of the NA1s for about half the price. Those are gonna be a contender for best in ear for $100 easily.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #46,157 of 100,862
Chaining some DDHiFi adapters with DDHiFi IEM for fun :p
DDHiFi IEM -> SL40A -> CL25A -> DJ44A -> DJ44B -> DJ44A -> DJ44C
Great adapters I must say, love the form factor.
Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

82508789_2936727663028633_536773016810422272_o.jpg

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #46,160 of 100,862
I have both the BLON and the T4. However...

I carry a lot of IEM's on a daily basis. Currently, the BLON, the T4, the Vk4 and the OH10, and I'm actually using the P1 as my daily driver, (not in a box) as the ES100 Mk2 twin DAC Bluetooth receiver is doing all kinds of good stuff to it. Even moreso when passed through the LittleBear B4-X tube amp. So I did some A/B testing. The Tape just came off as too analytical for where my head is right now. So I swapped it out for the VK4. as it's big bouncy, lively & FUN, for when I want that.

Personally, I would say that the BLON is more of a serious listen. Bass heavy but composed. While the T4 is technically better, but I find it a bit sibilant at the volumes I like. So I need to put it through the tube to calm it down. Technically the OH10 is better than all of them. But the paradox of choice means it gets listened too infrequently, and then I think, "Damn, this is good" and then I pick my IEM for the next day...

Thanks for the response. Good info, I've looked at all these IEMs. I'm a firm believer that just because it's technically better doesn't mean it's fun. That's interesting about the T4, I ordered it off of drop, I'm currently using the FiiO BTR5 with the BL-03, what you described about the VK4 is why I went for it aside from price. I'll have to keep the LittleBear B4-X in mind, I've been eyeballing for months now. I just need a bit of a break from the BL-03, I have the KZ ZS6 but I can't say I'm a fan of them, I've modded them and what not, I just don't enjoy the sound they're going for.

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #46,162 of 100,862
Was planning to order the ThieAudio Voyager 3 today but Linsoul is closed for the holidays. No point ordering now.
Noticed on the introduction thread someone on this forum has had a bad time with linsoul

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #46,163 of 100,862
Noticed on the introduction thread someone on this forum has had a bad time with linsoul

I’ve had good dealings with Linsoul but I didn’t see any mention on their site of a shut down for New Year. I saw it on the Penon site so I asked at Linsoul and they just said that today is their last day and wouldn’t confirm whether or not if an order today would ship or just sit for the 2 weeks. So I didn’t order.

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #46,164 of 100,862
I’ve had good dealings with Linsoul but I didn’t see any mention on their site of a shut down for New Year. I saw it on the Penon site so I asked at Linsoul and they just said that today is their last day and wouldn’t confirm whether or not if an order today would ship or just sit for the 2 weeks. So I didn’t order.
They should have been able to confirm one way or the other. You did the right thing

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #46,165 of 100,862
Thanks for the response. Good info, I've looked at all these IEMs. I'm a firm believer that just because it's technically better doesn't mean it's fun. That's interesting about the T4, I ordered it off of drop, I'm currently using the FiiO BTR5 with the BL-03, what you described about the VK4 is why I went for it aside from price. I'll have to keep the LittleBear B4-X in mind, I've been eyeballing for months now. I just need a bit of a break from the BL-03, I have the KZ ZS6 but I can't say I'm a fan of them, I've modded them and what not, I just don't enjoy the sound they're going for.
I have a little bear B4 and I must say, the BLO3 sound amazing out of the tube amp. They were meant for each other. Make sure you’ve got a player with a nice line out. I use an Acmee MF01 that has a very nice sounding line out into the little bear.

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #46,166 of 100,862
DSC06881.JPG DK-2001. These things look Dope on a rope.
Just threw them in my ears. They sound as good as they look. Treble shimmers, Smooth, detailed, lush, mids sound liquid. Bass got thump with the right amount of aggression. Very comfy in the ear. Gonna keep listening to these tonight. New DUNU got it going on fellas.

Jan 17, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #46,167 of 100,862
DK-2001. These things look Dope on a rope.
Just threw them in my ears. They sound as good as they look. Treble shimmers, Smooth, detailed, lush, mids sound liquid. Bass got thump with the right amount of aggression. Very comfy in the ear. Gonna keep listening to these tonight. New DUNU got it going on fellas.

Absolutely want to hear the comparison with H40 and i3

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #46,169 of 100,862
I've been truly enamoured with my TFZ T2 Galaxy after several days of extensive listening.

As for the non-auditory aspects, the box presentation is professionally done - easily as good as or better than what you'd find from one of the established brands at this price range (no Oppoty, thanks), with the only miss being the white carrying pouch that is stiffer than I would like and smells of chemical fumes (it's gone back into the box). The earbuds are small and surprisingly dense for their size, but sit snugly in my ear with the largest narrow-bore tips attached. The cable is just fine the way it is: brushed metal plug, built-in cable tie, smooth and pliable to the touch (such a breath of fresh air coming from the KZ), a Y-split that isn't too low, no annoying tangles and pre-formed ear hooks that were somewhat stiff and non-compliant out of the box but seem to be getting better with use.

When I ordered these, I figured that the T2 would represent an effective benchmark against which I would be able to compare other budget ChiFi offerings against (sub-USD100 let's say), and it hasn't disappointed on that front. This is my new everyday carry.

Haha, yes. I noticed that the plastic carrying pouch of the Galaxy had a "New IEM Smell." I was going to list it as such when selling it, but after leaving it out for a few days, the smell mostly dissipated.

So I gave up on selling the T2 :dt880smile:

It's also worth noting, for those whom are interested in box presentation, that I think the lettering on the clear plastic cover of the case is starting to fade a little. The black, and especially the red lettering, doesn't look quite as vibrant as I remember it a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back