The discovery thread!
Jan 18, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #46,171 of 100,857
Due to many enquiries on Dunu DK-2001 vs ISN H40, for the soundstage, the H40 is bigger for both width and depth. The treble on the H40 is more extended with extra sparkle. The midrange on the DK-2001 is more forward and there is a leaner presentation. The bass on the H40 is fuller with greater impact while the DK-2001 has a more agile expression. Honestly, they are very competent IEMs so it boils down to individual preference. :)

photo_2020-01-18_15-57-26.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #46,173 of 100,857
Due to many enquiries on Dunu DK-2001 vs ISN H40, for the soundstage, the H40 is bigger for both width and depth. The treble on the H40 is more extended with extra sparkle. The midrange on the DK-2001 is more forward and there is a leaner presentation. The bass on the H40 is fuller with greater impact while the DK-2001 has a more agile expression. Honestly, they are very competent IEMs so it boils down to individual preference. :)

What about details? and tightness/speed in bass?

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #46,174 of 100,857
What about details? and tightness/speed in bass?
For details, they are really close, I wouldn't say one is better than another. The DK-2001 has a slightly more agile low end. Cheers!

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #46,175 of 100,857
Beryllium coated dynamic and a large one. I put the DK2001 on my burn in station last night. Had one piece in my right ear. Turned on my old burn in tracks. Forgot the volume was a bit high. Bass note out of the gate about blew my brains out with some thumping bass. I have yet to hear a Dunu phone with any type of lacking in the way of bass.

I bet their tuner is a bass head.

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #46,176 of 100,857
Beryllium coated dynamic and a large one. I put the DK2001 on my burn in station last night. Had one piece in my right ear. Turned on my old burn in tracks. Forgot the volume was a bit high. Bass note out of the gate about blew my brains out with some thumping bass. I have yet to hear a Dunu phone with any type of lacking in the way of bass.

I bet their tuner is a bass head.
What about the Dk3001 Pro? you getting it?

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #46,177 of 100,857
What about the Dk3001 Pro? you getting it?

DK3001 pro looks good. I just bought a Blessing 2 so that is where my funds went. I am an equal opportunity enthusiast. Each brand poses a different take on sound so I actually liking having an example of a manufacturers sound from different brands for my collection.

As I am starting to write more reviews I have discovered brands I have never heard of like NF audio Tansio Mirai and ISN- Thanks to Penon, that actually is outdoing a lot of the premier brands in the market. Hate to admit it but I am no longer the AT JVC superfan like my avatar would suggest. Haven't been for a while actually. The stuff you can buy for what their entry level earphones cost is mind blowingly better at the same cost level.

I lost interest in what AT has been doing as the brand simply don't have any real value now a days. Hate to say it but Chi fi has passed them in value a long time ago. I have no idea what is new with AT now a days but it will take a revolutionary sound from them at a real nice price for me to start looking at their stuff again that is for certain. In any case.

I feel I am learning more about the industry in trying out different brands as well. I think brands that know their competition and what they are going up against will be the ones to make the moves. Because SQ has ramped up so much for any given phone at all levels now. You would be foolish not to know what your facing against. It will be the small brands that know what they are facing up against vs the big brands if you think about it.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #46,178 of 100,857
Jan 18, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #46,180 of 100,857
DK3001 pro looks good. I just bought a Blessing 2 so that is where my funds went. I am an equal opportunity enthusiast. Each brand poses a different take on sound so I actually liking having an example of a manufacturers sound from different brands for my collection.

As I am starting to write more reviews I have discovered brands I have never heard of like NF audio and ISN- Thanks to Penon, that actually is outdoing a lot of the premier brands in the market. Hate to admit it but I am no longer the AT JVC superfan like my avatar would suggest. Haven't been for a while actually. The stuff you can buy for what their entry level earphones cost is mind blowingly better at the same cost level.

I lost interest in what AT has been doing as the brand simply don't have any real value now a days. Hate to say it but Chi fi has passed them in value a long time ago. I have no idea what is new with AT now a days but it will take a revolutionary sound from them at a real nice price for me to start looking at their stuff again that is for certain. In any case.

I feel I am learning more about the industry in trying out different brands as well. I think brands that know their competition and what they are going up against will be the ones to make the moves. Because SQ has ramped up so much for any given phone at all levels now. You would be foolish not to know what your facing against. It will be the small brands that know what they are facing up against vs the big brands if you think about it.

AT = Audio Technica? I just tried their latest flagship ATH-IEX1, very disappointed by it due to poor resolution & tuning, a far cry from their legendary CK10.

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #46,181 of 100,857
I'll buy into HBB saying that the Tape has more detail/resolving than all the DUNU 2001/3001/4001 and when the right cable is on them the most satisfying bass and PRaT and enjoyment. Though tape with it's housing does have and condensation problem. So, I'll just say Earbridge magnetostatic/dynamic combo driver FTW! That is still my favorite.

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #46,182 of 100,857
I'll buy into HBB saying that the Tape has more detail/resolving than all the DUNU 2001/3001/4001 and when the right cable is on them the most satisfying bass and PRaT and enjoyment. Though tape with it's housing does have and condensation problem. So, I'll just say Earbridge magnetostatic/dynamic combo driver FTW! That is still my favorite.
Wonder how much of that detail is actually "real" since it has that atrocious 3,5k peak....

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #46,183 of 100,857
AT = Audio Technica? I just tried their latest flagship ATH-IEX1, very disappointed by it due to poor resolution & tuning, a far cry from their legendary CK10.

All they had to do was update the CK10 with their cables connectors and a good dynamic and they would have kicked ass. Not sure why they don't realize they have something and build on it. Even JVC with the CNT. Keep it and build. Yet we have Vsonic who runs the biocellulose into the ground and sticks with that till it is old and stale and they never quite perfected it. Still 2020 version of the GR07 which is now kind of a low value at $99.

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #46,184 of 100,857
All they had to do was update the CK10 with their cables connectors and a good dynamic and they would have kicked ass. Not sure why they don't realize they have something and build on it. Even JVC with the CNT. Keep it and build. Yet we have Vsonic who runs the biocellulose into the ground and sticks with that till it is old and stale and they never quite perfected it. Still 2020 version of the GR07 which is now kind of a low value at $99.
Agreed. The CK10 till now is still ATH best IEM hence its legendary status. Not sure how the GR07 2020 sounds like but will give it a go in the future.

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #46,185 of 100,857
Anybody care to share comparison of kbear diamond vs tri 3

TRi I3 is playing at a different level sonically. Diamond is a solid single dynamic in ear that has a safe tuning a bit relaxed in sonics minus bass but has good timbre and imaging. The Tri I3 sound like speakers in your ears. Completely different level in sound stage and depth. One of the absolute best mids I have heard to date on anything. Full low rumbly sub bass. Clean treble that is also non fatiguing. I like em both but Tri I3 scales even better with amps and cable swaps. Has more head room for sound expansion. The only few quibbles I have on the Tri I3 is that the housing is one of the larger universal designs out there. Might not fit smaller ears. The mmcx on them are just standard and nothing that seems reinforced. Gotta be careful when you are trying to do cable swaps.

Diamonds housing is much smaller and is more comfy in comparison. But if your interested in which one has the grander sound it is the Tri I3. One of the best at any cost that I have heard actually.

I haven't done a head to head against my Solaris yet but sound stage is similar to them which the Solaris is known for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back