The discovery thread!
Nov 14, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #44,911 of 99,887
FYI, I did noticed that you can buy a variety of aftermarket cables now on AliExpress that use the Sennheiser specific connector, so you can replace the stock cable with something else (better).

thanks. i'll have to go into Ali and check out some cables.

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #44,912 of 99,887
I got a pair from the "good batch" because i just ordered them recently, there is absolutely no peaks, and the mid bass is only present when i bass boost, and at no time do i have bass bleed. it's a very high quality sound for a $20 phone (which is better than the equally priced Moondrop Crescent).
I also got them little time ago and ordered straight from VE clan page! You can take a look at my measurements in VE BIE thread.

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #44,914 of 99,887
Guys,

Are there any planar IEMs under $100?

I saw the Massdrop X MEE Audio Planamic IEM is @ $100 now on Massdrop. Though I think it is not exactly a pure planar in terms of physics like other planar models but is a planamic dynamic combination driver. I'm no physics/audio expert, so I'm not sure how that makes a difference to the sound compared to traditional planars.

I can tell you that the blon has at least on par, maybe even superior timbre compared to the KPE, and imo the slightly more forward high mids make it even more emotional on vocals and some instruments like violins.

However, the driver sounds "loose" to me, which means bass is not well defined and easily distorts, instruments separation, imagining, soundstage are rather poor.

So the blon is a great tuning but on technical aspects, you still get a huge improvement with the KPE imo, which is why I don't buy too much in the "30$ giant killah is all you need and anything more only brings a 5% improvement" and still think you get what you paid for.

T4 vs KPE will be interesting.

U can consider the BLON BL-03's big brother, the BLON Cardinal. It supposedly has the same driver as the BL-03, and keeps the good parts of the BL-03 (including a similar tuning), but decreases the midbass hump and has wider soundstage and better fit/isolation, which in turn gives slight improvements in clarity/details and instrument separation. And yes it distorts less than the BL-03.

I haven't heard the KPE or KXXS or Tanchjim Oxygen, so not sure if those are still better than the BLON Cardinal though. But it is almost double the price of the BL-03, and I would say if u already own the BL-03 and have no issues getting after market tips/cables to fit yourself, I don't think it is that cost effective to get it.

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #44,915 of 99,887
Tin T2 is the most similar I guess.

FR-wis going by Crinacle, T2 seems pretty different.

upload_2019-11-14_17-0-55.png

Up until 6k it's pretty close the iSine 20's tuning, which I like a lot.

upload_2019-11-14_17-8-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-14_17-0-33.png
    upload_2019-11-14_17-0-33.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 0
Nov 14, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #44,916 of 99,887
Moondrop Starfield

upload_2019-11-15_6-59-28.png

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #44,919 of 99,887
Is this the 1DD? Thought it was called Stellar

Oops this is Moondrop not Fearless Audio :facepalm:

Nicee, how much is that? And how it sound like?
I think its 1 DD and going to be a budget offering. I got the info from twitter. It will have Carbon nano tube diaphragm and will be priced around $110.
Releasing next month.

Nov 14, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #44,921 of 99,887
Carbon nanotubes , and $110 , smoother then the kxxs

gonna be really extended highs, lots of bass, and recessed mids, like all the other CNT single dynamics i've ever heard. maybe a better JVC FX40? this was one of the original iem's that kickstarted this thread!

Nov 14, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #44,924 of 99,887

How they sound? Listening to Beth Hart Without words in the way.

Mids sound more forward than the stock NX7. That precision is there. These sound Superb out of the box. Bass and mids are more prominent on the silver filter. Treble sounds excellent. I want to say they reigned in the upper treble a touch. The Silver filter is more balanced of the 3 filters and that is actually what you get. Bass is just amazing on this set. It sounds great and I mean that in every sense of the word.

Are these worth an upgrade from the stock NX7...…...YES!!

I can see the NiceHCK fellas doing this
china_workers_quer_1_112624.jpg

Hey Jim!
"I like that NX7 but lets make it even better!"
Jim.. How you gonna do that?
"Lets give em 3 different sounds of it. You know like how we did it with the M6"
Jim.. Good Idea Wang!
Ho.. Why stop it there. Them Americans they like their blue and red. We gotta make it so it looks nicer too.. How bout we throw in some face plates so they can change it for themselves!"
Jim.. Ho wow now that is a great idea. But the only thing is. How are we gonna make the NX7 owners buy a new version of the NX7?"
Ho.. We can just fine tune it better. If it sounds better. Then crazy earphone guys gonna buy anyway." They buy everything that sounds good!
Collective.. Hahahaha!!
Jim..OK fellas you get working at it..Bonus for making it pretty..Party at Wangs for 5 thousand units sold!
Collective..Yes!!

Lol.. Joking aside. Is the NX7 pro version worth the dosh? Even if you own the NX7?
Holidays are arriving soon. It is the time for giving. Time your significant others and loved ones get a somewhat used phone.. :ksc75smile:
These sound FANTASTIC. Due to the much better cable that was included and these filters. The sound has become even more refined all the way around. Time for an upgrade fellas! I am gonna predict right now.. NX7 pro version gonna smash whatever record they set for the previous NX7 version. I don't even have to do an A/B to know this one is superior.

As much as I like your post Nuttzy, I'm still kinda sad that you didn't trash the Pro version. I love my original NX7 and don't wanna feel compelled to have to get the Pro version. Damn! No way I can do this now, before Christmas. Gonna have to wait till the new year. Maybe the 3/26 sale in March, on Aliexpress.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back