The discovery thread!
Nov 15, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #44,942 of 99,283
Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #44,945 of 99,283

How they sound? Listening to Beth Hart Without words in the way.

Mids sound more forward than the stock NX7. That precision is there. These sound Superb out of the box. Bass and mids are more prominent on the silver filter. Treble sounds excellent. I want to say they reigned in the upper treble a touch. The Silver filter is more balanced of the 3 filters and that is actually what you get. Bass is just amazing on this set. It sounds great and I mean that in every sense of the word.

Are these worth an upgrade from the stock NX7...…...YES!!

I can see the NiceHCK fellas doing this
china_workers_quer_1_112624.jpg

Hey Jim!
"I like that NX7 but lets make it even better!"
Jim.. How you gonna do that?
"Lets give em 3 different sounds of it. You know like how we did it with the M6"
Jim.. Good Idea Wang!
Ho.. Why stop it there. Them Americans they like their blue and red. We gotta make it so it looks nicer too.. How bout we throw in some face plates so they can change it for themselves!"
Jim.. Ho wow now that is a great idea. But the only thing is. How are we gonna make the NX7 owners buy a new version of the NX7?"
Ho.. We can just fine tune it better. If it sounds better. Then crazy earphone guys gonna buy anyway." They buy everything that sounds good!
Collective.. Hahahaha!!
Jim..OK fellas you get working at it..Bonus for making it pretty..Party at Wangs for 5 thousand units sold!
Collective..Yes!!

Lol.. Joking aside. Is the NX7 pro version worth the dosh? Even if you own the NX7?
Holidays are arriving soon. It is the time for giving. Time your significant others and loved ones get a somewhat used phone.. :ksc75smile:
These sound FANTASTIC. Due to the much better cable that was included and these filters. The sound has become even more refined all the way around. Time for an upgrade fellas! I am gonna predict right now.. NX7 pro version gonna smash whatever record they set for the previous NX7 version. I don't even have to do an A/B to know this one is superior.

great promotion

Nov 15, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #44,946 of 99,283
My first post on head-fi since i was only silent reader for a some time!
sennheiser ain't sleeping at all. the IE40 pro is as good or better than the multi-driver NX7 or the woodie dome FW01. the only reason i don't use it as much as the NX7 is the IE40 proprietary cable SUCKS and the short nozzles like the BLON BL03 makes the fit a bit wonky even with large tips, but from a driver/sound perspective, the Senns are right there in the mix even without DLC.
I found a deal with freeshipping on ebay for ie40 pro at 60$... Looking to pull the plug on those, my only concern is brightness i hope i can tame with some micropore DIY filters.

Currently own a Westone UM3X, Guideray Gr-i, AKG iems from Samsung S9.
Waiting for Blons, TRN BA5, CCA C12 and Sony MH750 to arrive shortly.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #44,947 of 99,283
Sony's EX series is nice. People like EX800ST and EX1000 which come close to very expensive IEMs like AnoleVX

nope, Anole VX beats them all. I have EX1000 and EX600 and have a brief listen to EX800ST. Nowhere come close to Anole VX, I hardly touch them since I have Sony IER M7.

Nov 15, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #44,948 of 99,283
Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #44,949 of 99,283
So its not only the budget fi segment making waves. High end got a shot in the arm. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/int...oil-diaphragm-flagship-dynamic-in-ear.919227/

Daym. Time to see what the going rate is on selling a middle aged kidney in fairly good condition in the black market.
10382990_thumb.jpg

As good as the recent Chi fi dynamic earphones have been. How about a pure Beryllium driver.

Dayum! Even my fairly young alcohol infested kidney wouldn't be able to buy that! $1699 is too steep but those Andromeda fanboys will surely salivate at this.

Nov 15, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #44,950 of 99,283
I’m not sure if I can quote from another thread, but /u/deafdoorknob posted on Flinkenick’s rating thread back in January 15, 2019 about this new IEM developed as a collaboration between Media Integration (Japanese production company) and FitEar to be a reference IEM.

Since then, there hasn’t been any discussion of this IEM because a) it’s rare outside of Japan b) isn’t tuned by Suyama-San of FitEar.

I had the opportunity to demo it today at E-Earphone in Akihabara and I’m impressed with what I heard, so much that I bought the last remaining one they had in all their locations.

Fit/Comfort: like most FitEar products, you barely notice them there.

Build Quality: standard high quality FitEar construction

Cable: the standard cable is microphones and stiff, but personally I don’t mind as I mostly listen while sitting at my office desk.

Sound:
It does come very neutral being a reference monitor, and unlike FitEar’s standard tuning, I don’t hear any suckout in any part of the dynamic range. There’s sparkle, and the midrange shines, male and female vocals are roughly on par. The vocals definitely stand out in a good way with this IEM. The bass while not bass head level, has rumble where the tracks call for it.

One thing I’ve noticed about this IEM is that it’s warm yet manages to pick up a lot of detail. It’s not crisp in picking out literally everything, but there are songs where I can hear things I’ve never picked up on, like string scratches on Sketches of Spain for Miles (Buckethead).

These are my first impressions, but this one makes for a pretty comfortable listen that works with most genres.

See here for more info from another review.
https://www.dtmstation.com/archives/24396.html

Nov 15, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #44,951 of 99,283
I’m not sure if I can quote from another thread, but /u/deafdoorknob posted on Flinkenick’s rating thread back in January 15, 2019 about this new IEM developed as a collaboration between Media Integration (Japanese production company) and FitEar to be a reference IEM.

Since then, there hasn’t been any discussion of this IEM because a) it’s rare outside of Japan b) isn’t tuned by Suyama-San of FitEar.

I had the opportunity to demo it today at E-Earphone in Akihabara and I’m impressed with what I heard, so much that I bought the last remaining one they had in all their locations.

Fit/Comfort: like most FitEar products, you barely notice them there.

Build Quality: standard high quality FitEar construction

Cable: the standard cable is microphones and stiff, but personally I don’t mind as I mostly listen while sitting at my office desk.

Sound:
It does come very neutral being a reference monitor, and unlike FitEar’s standard tuning, I don’t hear any suckout in any part of the dynamic range. There’s sparkle, and the midrange shines, male and female vocals are roughly on par. The vocals definitely stand out in a good way with this IEM. The bass while not bass head level, has rumble where the tracks call for it.

One thing I’ve noticed about this IEM is that it’s warm yet manages to pick up a lot of detail. It’s not crisp in picking out literally everything, but there are songs where I can hear things I’ve never picked up on, like string scratches on Sketches of Spain for Miles (Buckethead).

These are my first impressions, but this one makes for a pretty comfortable listen that works with most genres.

See here for more info from another review.
https://www.dtmstation.com/archives/24396.html

Nihon-jin need to expand audio equipments outside their tiny island. In terms of audio equipments, they're still stuck in Shogun era of being a hermit nation.

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #44,954 of 99,283
Nihon-jin need to expand audio equipments outside their tiny island. In terms of audio equipments, they're still stuck in Shogun era of being a hermit nation.
Agree. Also wonder why India is not exporting more... They should have low labor rate for Manufacturing; and they also have the High Tech knowledge and skills to design great things. But for some reason very few exports. Have not been to India in a almost 10 years, but most things that were low price were low quality; And those things locally made high quality were quite expensive/overpriced.... Seems like there should be huge opportunity to manufacture very good quality at good prices for both Local and Export Market? Anyway, always wondered why India is not exporting more things made there.

Indonesia is another country that seems like has same potential as India, for local design/manufacturing and export.

In China labor rates have gone way up. So Chinese Companies seem to either be automating their factories, or are moving manufacturing to lower labor countries... to stay competitive in local and world markets.

Still we are lucky to live in the "golden age" of Chi-fi; and Audio Gear in general. Amazing the sound quality one can hold in the palm of your hand.

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #44,955 of 99,283
Agree. Also wonder why India is not exporting more... They should have low labor rate for Manufacturing; and they also have the High Tech knowledge and skills to design great things. But for some reason very few exports. Have not been to India in a almost 10 years, but most things that were low price were low quality; And those things locally made high quality were quite expensive/overpriced.... Seems like there should be huge opportunity to manufacture very good quality at good prices for both Local and Export Market? Anyway, always wondered why India is not exporting more things made there.

Indonesia is another country that seems like has same potential as India, for local design/manufacturing and export.

In China labor rates have gone way up. So Chinese Companies seem to either be automating their factories, or are moving manufacturing to lower labor countries... to stay competitive in local and world markets.

Still we are lucky to live in the "golden age" of Chi-fi; and Audio Gear in general. Amazing the sound quality one can hold in the palm of your hand.

Indians like to maximize profits like other businessmen. They get products from China at pittance and rebrand it then sell them for maximum profits. Almost every Indian audio manufacturer uses Chinese IEM. Also, Indian market is skewed towards bassy sound signature so manufacturers see little margin in catering to those who prefer balanced/neutral signature. Despite cheap labour and manufacturing, Indians believe in outsourcing from China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back