The discovery thread!
Apr 26, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #99,886 of 100,888
I’d probably still recommend the Tigerism Octave for bass fans since it moves some serious air and if 4k energy doesn’t bother you. Ugh, it’s so close for me to have as single DD standard if it weren’t for that little uptick at 4k. Staging and separation is good, timbre is great, comfort no problem, upper treble is more subtle but I’m still getting decent extension notes tailing off.

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #99,887 of 100,888
Little photobomb of the CCA Trio and the KZ ZS10 Pro 2 - Interesting enough KZ lack medium tips, but give you a sim tool. The CCA lacked the sim tool for the switches.

Put them in spoiler to not flood the page.

I should have a Trio coming soon as well. I've been riding that hype train ready to see how they sound.
Hello Everyone!

I have finished and published my review of the Celest Pandamon 2.0 and it would mean a lot of if you could find some time to check it out!

Thanks for stopping by and a thank you to HiFiGo for providing this unit to review and photograph.

Cheers 😄

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/authors/domq422.391282/reviews
I have this one coming too for review. Based on your thoughts I might like this one more than I thought but we'll see.
PITCHFORK! Hand me my pitchfork!

Just kidding. I can totally get your point about the accessories. It’s ironic that a company with cable maker root like Campfire makes and supply their IEMs with such crappy cables. There are few cables that I actively hate than the stock cable of Andromeda 2020. I rather use an ugly purple cable from NiceHck than dealing with the stock wire that is stiff and hole memory.

Credit where credit dues, I’m thinking about buy that timeslip cable for my Andro. It does not tangle and actually quite comfortable.

And yeah, in Australia, I think this one is overpriced by 500-1000 AUD. At AUD$2300, there are Prestige LTD, Monarch II/III, MEST, and a few other heavyweights lurking in the background.
I knew they'd turn up with pitchforks! 😅
I wasn't expecting like an Eletech quality cable but come on throw in a Xinhs or ivipq $30 cable that'd be better than the stock.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #99,889 of 100,888
I've held out on the Trio hype, but am getting the ZS10 PRO 2 in soon... hope I like it! Considering the fact that I like the ZS6 and AS24 and disliked the Symphony somewhat because of the overbearing bass, I think I'll like them, fingers crossed!
You held out on the Trio hype but you excitedly bought the KZ which costs more and is getting blah reviews? That's like saying I held out on buying the diamond because i'm excited for the cubic zirconia? Oh well...everyone is different. *shrugs*

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #99,890 of 100,888
You held out on the Trio hype but you excitedly bought the KZ which costs more and is getting blah reviews? That's like saying I held out on buying the diamond because i'm excited for the cubic zirconia? Oh well...everyone is different. *shrugs*
Haha! But costing more is it? Perhaps due to prorder, mine is on discount..30-odd usd.. But yeah no sign of it. Am still hoping on it being decent, though!

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #99,891 of 100,888
Haha! But costing more is it? Perhaps due to prorder, mine is on discount..30-odd usd.. But yeah no sign of it. Am still hoping on it being decent, though!
I poked the seller earlier today and got a response of "Do not worry. We will deliver order within specified time. Thank you." Umm...that didn't answer my question? When are you shipping out my KZ?!

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #99,893 of 100,888
I poked the seller earlier today and got a response of "Do not worry. We will deliver order within specified time. Thank you." Umm...that didn't answer my question? When are you shipping out my KZ?!
:) mine made sure I won't bug them anytime soon with this classic.

"KZ - ZS10 Pro 2 Hybrid Driver IEM is currently in preorder, when preorder is placed then the shipment of this product would take 10-15 weeks to reach us. As soon as the stock arrives, we will share an update via call or WhatsApp."

On Miroak-II , some Yob time!

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #99,894 of 100,888
Nope. Had to switch out from the gold nozzles to the silver with red band nozzles on the EA500LM. The gold filter makes this IEM sound like a Moondrop. Very inoffensive and polite with a bass kick. I like my women and my IEMS with a little spice and fieriness. I enjoy the sparkles. The shimmers. That was pretty much missing with the gold filter. The silver red band gives you really extended treble with some airy shimmer and shine, with still a really nice bass kick. I am really enjoying this IEM a lot.

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #99,896 of 100,888
I read from CFA website that they used "phase harmony engineering" to assign different frequency spectrum to different drivers.
Thanks for this - I needed a good laugh to start my day. Audio companies are as linguistically fanciful as Art Gallery descriptions - "Phase Harmony Engineering" or should we just call it what it really is - tuning each driver as your not using a crossover 😂😂😂

To be fair, I don’t think LID circuit in 64 Audio (and variants like FLAT in Symphonium IEM) are “built-in impedance adapter” like IEMatch
Chap I think you may have misunderstood. The iematch doesn't act like an impedance adapter and that is not it's purpose. It is a voltage divider the same as LID. An impedance adapter is adding impedance whilst a voltage divider is mainly reducing (though it could in very specific circumstances add impedance) to trick the transducer into seeing the amp output as a defined impedance (derived from the resisters used in the parallel circuit + the amp output) regardless of the amps actual output impedance. This allows consistency between sources as the impedance swings, usually determined, by the amp output (assuming use of the same IEM), are now just deviations from the defined target impedance of the voltage divider - and are of a reduced significance due to the maths of impedance in parallel circuits. This was very useful at the time the tech was released as a lot of amps had higher OI and most studio/musician first gear generally also tends to have higher OI as it is (a secondary consideration in pro audio and) aimed at headphone use, not IEMs.

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #99,897 of 100,888
Thanks for this - I needed a good laugh to start my day. Audio companies are as linguistically fanciful as Art Gallery descriptions - "Phase Harmony Engineering" or should we just call it what it really is - tuning each driver as your not using a crossover 😂😂😂

Chap I think you may have misunderstood. The iematch doesn't act like an impedance adapter and that is not it's purpose. It is a voltage divider the same as LID. An impedance adapter is adding impedance whilst a voltage divider is mainly reducing (though it could in very specific circumstances add impedance) to trick the transducer into seeing the amp output as a defined impedance (derived from the resisters used in the parallel circuit + the amp output) regardless of the amps actual output impedance. This allows consistency between sources as the impedance swings, usually determined, by the amp output (assuming use of the same IEM), are now just deviations from the defined target impedance of the voltage divider - and are of a reduced significance due to the maths of impedance in parallel circuits. This was very useful at the time the tech was released as a lot of amps had higher OI and most studio/musician first gear generally also tends to have higher OI as it is (a secondary consideration in pro audio and) aimed at headphone use, not IEMs.
Thanks for the explanation! I’m learning how to setup impedance measurement so that I can test these IEMs

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #99,898 of 100,888

By the time they ship it out and it makes the 1 month pilgrimage from China, a PRO version of this pokemon would have been released!

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:23 AM Post #99,899 of 100,888
I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised by the ISN Neo 5, its bass is the biggest usp but the way manages it's mid range by not suppressing the vocals or instruments is exceptional. If you ever wondered how does Penon ISN NEO 5 and Neo 3 compare against each other and if it's worth the extra $90, here is my comparison review:

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #99,900 of 100,888
Thanks for the explanation! I’m learning how to setup impedance measurement so that I can test these IEMs
It was my bad - sometimes I often brush over stuff and my explanation was a bit poor & generic.

IIRC @RikudouGoku has a guide for impedance measurements if that might be of some service. - may need to PM him though as I can't remember where it is.

Looking forward to your results 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back