The discovery thread!
Nov 13, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #44,852 of 100,524
DSC06727.JPG

How they sound? Listening to Beth Hart Without words in the way.

Mids sound more forward than the stock NX7. That precision is there. These sound Superb out of the box. Bass and mids are more prominent on the silver filter. Treble sounds excellent. I want to say they reigned in the upper treble a touch. The Silver filter is more balanced of the 3 filters and that is actually what you get. Bass is just amazing on this set. It sounds great and I mean that in every sense of the word.

Are these worth an upgrade from the stock NX7...…...YES!!

I can see the NiceHCK fellas doing this
china_workers_quer_1_112624.jpg

Hey Jim!
"I like that NX7 but lets make it even better!"
Jim.. How you gonna do that?
"Lets give em 3 different sounds of it. You know like how we did it with the M6"
Jim.. Good Idea Wang!
Ho.. Why stop it there. Them Americans they like their blue and red. We gotta make it so it looks nicer too.. How bout we throw in some face plates so they can change it for themselves!"
Jim.. Ho wow now that is a great idea. But the only thing is. How are we gonna make the NX7 owners buy a new version of the NX7?"
Ho.. We can just fine tune it better. If it sounds better. Then crazy earphone guys gonna buy anyway." They buy everything that sounds good!
Collective.. Hahahaha!!
Jim..OK fellas you get working at it..Bonus for making it pretty..Party at Wangs for 5 thousand units sold!
Collective..Yes!!

Lol.. Joking aside. Is the NX7 pro version worth the dosh? Even if you own the NX7?
Holidays are arriving soon. It is the time for giving. Time your significant others and loved ones get a somewhat used phone.. :ksc75smile:
These sound FANTASTIC. Due to the much better cable that was included and these filters. The sound has become even more refined all the way around. Time for an upgrade fellas! I am gonna predict right now.. NX7 pro version gonna smash whatever record they set for the previous NX7 version. I don't even have to do an A/B to know this one is superior.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #44,854 of 100,524
The second iteration of the Blon BL-03 will NOT be called Blon BL-03 Pro, but Mk II. Reasoning: Pro is overused and cliché.

Haha they can name it whatever they want but that's academic if it is still gonna function the same as a pro version in reality.

Would be interested to know once u get a hold of your Cardinal/Bluejay whether it measures the same as the BLON BL-03 MK 1. My ears tell me the Cardinal has the same tuning and drivers as the BL-03, but maybe some one more experienced like u can confirm or disprove it. The fit is much better than the BL-03 mk 1, and there is better soundstage and slight technical improvements as discussed before. I tested the Cardinal out today in the subway and it has quite good isolation, compared to the isolation of the BLON BL-03, but it is not as good as some BA smaller shelled IEMs as it is vented.

So if (and a big IF) the Cardinal/Bluejay has the same tuning, and the BL-03 Mk 2 does come out in the market, there would actually be 3 sets with same drivers/tuning out there!
But I do see a niche for all these 3 sets actually, and they may not be competing with each other:
1) BLON BL-03 mk 1 - for bassheads and audiophiles who like to mod eartips/cables
2) BLON BL-03 mk 2 - those that prefer less bass and want a better fit and not want to screw around with after market tips/cables. Good to go OOTB.
3) Cardinal/Bluejay - those that want isolation and slight technical improvements. And like Mk 2, it has better fit and does not need sourcing for after market tips/cables. Good to go OOTB.

Thanks for working on the Mk 2, I think a lot of folks (especially laymen who dunno about tiprolling/cable change) will benefit from your good work! @Otto Motor maybe u can announce your BLON BL-03 Mk 2 news in the dedicated BLON thread on headfi, I'm sure the folks there will be excited about it.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #44,855 of 100,524

How they sound? Listening to Beth Hart Without words in the way.

Mids sound more forward than the stock NX7. That precision is there. These sound Superb out of the box. Bass and mids are more prominent on the silver filter. Treble sounds excellent. I want to say they reigned in the upper treble a touch. The Silver filter is more balanced of the 3 filters and that is actually what you get. Bass is just amazing on this set. It sounds great and I mean that in every sense of the word.

Are these worth an upgrade from the stock NX7...…...YES!!

I can see the NiceHCK fellas doing this
china_workers_quer_1_112624.jpg

Hey Jim!
"I like that NX7 but lets make it even better!"
Jim.. How you gonna do that?
"Lets give em 3 different sounds of it. You know like how we did it with the M6"
Jim.. Good Idea Wang!
Ho.. Why stop it there. Them Americans they like their blue and red. We gotta make it so it looks nicer too.. How bout we throw in some face plates so they can change it for themselves!"
Jim.. Ho wow now that is a great idea. But the only thing is. How are we gonna make the NX7 owners buy a new version of the NX7?"
Ho.. We can just fine tune it better. If it sounds better. Then crazy earphone guys gonna buy anyway." They buy everything that sounds good!
Collective.. Hahahaha!!
Jim..OK fellas you get working at it..Bonus for making it pretty..Party at Wangs for 5 thousand units sold!
Collective..Yes!!

Lol.. Joking aside. Is the NX7 pro version worth the dosh? Even if you own the NX7?
Holidays are arriving soon. It is the time for giving. Time your significant others and loved ones get a somewhat used phone.. :ksc75smile:
These sound FANTASTIC. Due to the much better cable that was included and these filters. The sound has become even more refined all the way around. Time for an upgrade fellas! I am gonna predict right now.. NX7 pro version gonna smash whatever record they set for the previous NX7 version. I don't even have to do an A/B to know this one is superior.

I never achieved a deep image with the original NX7: regardless of the tips I used, they sounded flat.

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #44,856 of 100,524
It turns out I received my pair of **** Pro today. I've only been able to listen to them for about two hours and most of that has been while busy doing other stuff at work, so I haven't been able to do any intensive listening or comparing. Therefore my impressions are only tentative and subject to change to some degree.

What I think I can say already, though, is that this is a good one. I can also say, as someone that has listened to the **** a lot, that the **** Pro definitely does not sound the same as the ****. It shares many of the qualities that people loved about the ****, (spacious "holographic" soundstage, tons of detail, great imaging and separation, etc), but there are differences as well. The sub-bass seems deeper and the mid bass a bit reduced. Notes seem to be thicker and weightier. But it still doesn't sound slow, sloppy or boomy. It's very articulate and responsive. It kind of reminds me of my Spring 1 in that way. Timbre also sounds more natural to my ears.

Again, these impressions are based on very little time with it and under unideal conditions, but I really like what I've heard so far.

Build quality is about the same, but its edges are a bit more rounded off, which I like. Especially on the inner part against your ears. Even though the dynamic driver is a bit bigger and they've added an additional BA driver the housings are actually a little smaller than those on the ****. The nozzle is about the same length, but it is quite a bit larger diameter. I didn't compare, but I'd say the diameter is similar to on the Spring 1, KZ ZSN, etc. The tips that come with it are likewise wide bore and the large ones fit my ears well.

Very nice impressions! The changes is what I would like the original **** to improve. Bigger sub bass and improved quality with nice texture, reduce mid bass so doesn't bleed, and timbre! Everything else will be a bonus. Wow so excited can't wait mine to be arrived!
Is the timbre quite natural now? Or borderline? And how about 10khz peak on graph that @FastAndClean posted before? Do you hear that?

Thanks buddy

Nice, I like that the notes are thicker and timbre is more natural! If that's the case, I think the **** Pro might be the next sub $30 USD hypetrain to come to town. CHOOOOO CHOOOOO!

How is the isolation? I figured if this is semi open backed like the original ****, it would probably cede isolation for a bigger soundstage.

Yes I thought BLON was nailed to best budget IEM 2019, just on last month they have great contender here.

From the picture and characteristic about **** I assume that grill on the shell cover is real grill so they will be open back, isolation will be very minor here, which help to give airy presentation. The one that i like from original ****. But mayne really a drawback for those who needs isolation. In fact im using them in the night just in case my wife or kids are calling me before start to throw a pillow to call me.

Love the clear shells. You can see each of the drivers.

Very pretty shell!! Waiting for mine but i guess not in a short time.

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #44,857 of 100,524
These don't sound flat at all. No thinness. Nothing of the sort. Listening to them on my Shanling M5s in balanced. These sound excellent balanced by the way. Only way to listen to these imo. I threw on the Blue filters. Slightly warmer tonality. Treble is reigned in a touch more... BLue filter sounds awesome. Bass level pretty much stays the same but perception of bass is felt a bit more.
I am gonna do the burn in.

I have to give credit to the NiceHCK crew on this one. This is a proper way to revise a phone.

So for the guys that already own the NX7. I know this was probably not what you wanted to read but. I am gonna be honest. The pro version is superior and sounds like a completely new earphone. I am gonna say you guys that own the NX7 now will appreciate the pro version the most. You will clearly be able to figure out what went into the pro version. All I am gonna say is.. These are a deal at $100. In the realm of earphonedom.

These are a steal at a $100.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #44,858 of 100,524
These don't sound flat at all. No thinness. Nothing of the sort. Listening to them on my Shanling M5s in balanced. These sound excellent balanced by the way. Only way to listen to these imo. I threw on the Blue filters. Slightly warmer tonality. Treble is reigned in a touch more... BLue filter sounds awesome. Bass level pretty much stays the same but perception of bass is felt a bit more.
I am gonna do the burn in.

I have to give credit to the NiceHCK crew on this one. This is a proper way to revise a phone.

So for the guys that already own the NX7. I know this was probably not what you wanted to read but. I am gonna be honest. The pro version is superior and sounds like a completely new earphone. I am gonna say you guys that own the NX7 now will appreciate the pro version the most. You will clearly be able to figure out what went into the pro version. All I am gonna say is.. These are a deal at $100. In the realm of earphonedom.

These are a steal at a $100.
Mine is on the way, in the end I am glad to have skipped the NX7, will see if these are a better fit for me.

I'm glad they realized that versatility was a good route to take given the unique driver setup. Basically it's a cheaper alternative to the lz A6, or a bqeyz spring 1 with tuning options. Also glad to see responses to the **** pro are positive, but that hype train won't leave the station from head fi.

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #44,859 of 100,524
I never achieved a deep image with the original NX7: regardless of the tips I used, they sounded flat.

imaging and stage were not their strong suit. the imaging and stage of the IE40 pro is better, but the fit isn't as good, so i can excuse the slight edge in those two departments for an amazing fit, kick ass detail retrieval, sweet bass, and timbre for days.

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #44,860 of 100,524
the NX7 original may not have the widest stage or the most holographic imaging, but they still kick ass, present a very high quality sound presentation, and can hang with the big boys without feeling you're missing anything. The note weight isn't the heaviest, so it can seem a bit thin at times, but with the right tips and cable, and DAP, even that's not much of a detriment.

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #44,861 of 100,524
I agree. I am Croatian, and income is like 1000€/month max if you're not into computer science. I barely saved for Audiosense T800. Yeah, it definitely offers quite a great sound at only $25.

Do you have TFZ No. 3? Are they better than these for EDM? I love a good soundstage with electronic music.
TFZ No 3 are ideal for EDM

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #44,862 of 100,524
This has been addressed on the pro version. It has improved a lot. Sounds more refined to me. Thicker bolder sound. I feel the sound has gotten deeper as well. Guys that will get them soon. Read carefully what they write about in their impression of the new Pro version. It is clearly a revision in every way.

On the topic of the revised Blon BL3. Glad I never got one. Will try a newer one. It is all about the revisions. Lol.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #44,864 of 100,524
It turns out I received my pair of **** Pro today. I've only been able to listen to them for about two hours and most of that has been while busy doing other stuff at work, so I haven't been able to do any intensive listening or comparing. Therefore my impressions are only tentative and subject to change to some degree.

What I think I can say already, though, is that this is a good one. I can also say, as someone that has listened to the **** a lot, that the **** Pro definitely does not sound the same as the ****. It shares many of the qualities that people loved about the ****, (spacious "holographic" soundstage, tons of detail, great imaging and separation, etc), but there are differences as well. The sub-bass seems deeper and the mid bass a bit reduced. Notes seem to be thicker and weightier. But it still doesn't sound slow, sloppy or boomy. It's very articulate and responsive. It kind of reminds me of my Spring 1 in that way. Timbre also sounds more natural to my ears.

Again, these impressions are based on very little time with it and under unideal conditions, but I really like what I've heard so far.

Build quality is about the same, but its edges are a bit more rounded off, which I like. Especially on the inner part against your ears. Even though the dynamic driver is a bit bigger and they've added an additional BA driver the housings are actually a little smaller than those on the ****. The nozzle is about the same length, but it is quite a bit larger diameter. I didn't compare, but I'd say the diameter is similar to on the Spring 1, KZ ZSN, etc. The tips that come with it are likewise wide bore and the large ones fit my ears well.

Your impressions are encouraging. I just hope India Post delivers them soon. Can't wait to pop them in my ears.

Nov 14, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #44,865 of 100,524
Nice, I like that the notes are thicker and timbre is more natural! If that's the case, I think the **** Pro might be the next sub $30 USD hypetrain to come to town. CHOOOOO CHOOOOO!

How is the isolation? I figured if this is semi open backed like the original ****, it would probably cede isolation for a bigger soundstage.
Sorry it took a while to respond. I had to finish work and then go to a dinner. I finally got home and did just a bit more listening.

The isolation seems to be about the same as the previous version. It still has a nice airy feeling, but definitely not the best isolation.

As far the weightier or thicker sound...that was my initial impression but I'm not sure I'm hearing that as much on what I'm listening to now. It was a fairly subtle difference anyway. But I'm starting to think that maybe some of thickness and weight is because the dynamic driver is bigger and the bass might be a little looser, less distinct, slower decaying, which wouldn't be a good thing in my book. I'm not sure yet. I really need to do a lot more listening. It always takes me a while of listening and comparing before I really grasp the sound characteristics. I kind of regret sharing my impressions so soon, even with the caveats I tried to emphasize. I don't want to cause undue hype. These IEMs definitely do sound good to me, but then again I was somebody that already really loved the sound of the original version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back