The discovery thread!
Nov 13, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #44,823 of 100,446
Nov 13, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #44,824 of 100,446
You bought them on 11.11. and they are already in Norway? Damn, did you ship those cables with FedEx or DHL?

No, the cable was not bought on 11/11 and I'm still waiting for the player :wink:

That being said the dongle was shipped from HK two days ago with DHL.

Oh, I finally also got these today:

20191113_220109.jpg

Nov 13, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #44,825 of 100,446
No, the cable was not bought on 11/11 and I'm still waiting for the player :wink:

That being said the dongle was shipped from HK two days ago with DHL.

Oh, I finally also got these today:

Nice! They are one of my main wishes alongside QDC Neptune, Dunu Falcon-C, and TFZ King Edition. What about customs? Do they even check these earphones?

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #44,828 of 100,446
Nice! They are one of my main wishes alongside QDC Neptune, Dunu Falcon-C, and TFZ King Edition. What about customs? Do they even check these earphones?

With Aliexpress shipping never, with DHL, FedEx etc or shipped from Europe or the US always :wink:

Edit: The A6 Mini was actually delivered to me personally from a colleague that brought them from our Shanghai office.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #44,829 of 100,446
You bought them on 11.11. and they are already in Norway? Damn, did you ship those cables with FedEx or DHL?
Spider man

Nov 13, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #44,830 of 100,446
Does the TempoTec V1 work with any USB-C DAC? i.e. you could plug in an iBasso DC01 to get a 2.5mm balanced output, or an iBasso DC02 to get a 3.5mm output?

That's my understanding. I'm tired of draining my phones battery when listening to Spotify. I really hope it works properly with the E1DA ES9038S as I love that little thing.

Nov 13, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #44,831 of 100,446
With Aliexpress shipping never, with DHL, FedEx etc or shipped from Europe or the US always :wink:

Edit: The A6 Mini was actually delivered to me personally from a colleague that brought them from our Shanghai office.
Well, atleast you guys in Norway have quite nice salaries. You probably can get Anole VX, I will probably never get it. My country is only a tourism based economy with low salaries. Even China overtook us I guess

I would love to live up there, but I also like customs union though.

So... Even the expensive IEMs never get taxed?

Nov 13, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #44,833 of 100,446
Well, atleast you guys in Norway have quite nice salaries. You probably can get Anole VX, I will probably never get it. My country is only a tourism based economy with low salaries. Even China overtook us I guess

I would love to live up there, but I also like customs union though.

So... Even the expensive IEMs never get taxed?

Yeah, but it's also very expensive to live here. You'd be lucky to even get a regular pint og beer for less than $10 in a restaurant or pub.

From China I've never got any added tax as long as it's not delivered with express service. I'd paid a small fortune in taxes for "free" review samples from other parts of the world though.

Nov 13, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #44,834 of 100,446
Yeah, but it's also very expensive to live here. You'd be lucky to even get a regular pint og beer for less than $10 in a restaurant or pub.

From China I've never got any added tax as long as it's not delivered with express service. I'd paid a small fortune in taxes for "free" review samples from other parts of the world though.

And Yanwen isn't taxed? Idk what to think about that.

Yeah, recieving review samples sucks due to customs taxing basically anything coming to them. This is why my Sundara loaner tour was painful: I didn't pay any taxes, but I sent it to a guy in Turkey which was the next in line, and Turkish Post taxed it. So it was returned. And then I had to wait for HiFiMAN to give me an address... Caring for a $350 thing that is not in your ownership is a rather hard job. I hope something won't happen on the way to the next address which is in EU.

Croatia is rather cheap ($2-$3 beer in a local pub), so I have some budget aside. And most of us own a house with no taxes at all. Except if you live in Dubrovnik (King's Landing), then expect Monaco prices.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #44,835 of 100,446
So I will be getting the NX7 pro delievered today which has to be a record. Took only 5 days from China to Denver. Will most definitely let everyone know how they are tonight.

I am waiting for impressions on these. Attractive package but need to know what to expect soundwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back