The discovery thread!
Oct 9, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #44,251 of 101,012
Me too received Blon yesterday, and just wow. Being the one who always tinkers with EQ, I V-shaped them and got a big smile on my face. That dd bass is so sweet, punchy but I wouldn't say bloated, maybe just my preference. Even with original tuning they sound nice, unbelievable for the price. Out of the bat I replaced the cable with nicehck 8 core copper and eartips with symbio w peel and got a perfect seal and fit. I wonder why do we need more expensive sets? These will be perfect for gym... :)

Symbio Peel is what I ended up with on my Blon also. Perfect seal for me and nice flush fit of the shell. Kept the stock cable as it wraps around my ear perfectly. I am open to changing to a balanced cable if and when I find one that actually fits the connector properly.

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #44,252 of 101,012
Symbio Peel is what I ended up with on my Blon also. Perfect seal for me and nice flush fit of the shell. Kept the stock cable as it wraps around my ear perfectly. I am open to changing to a balanced cable if and when I find one that actually fits the connector properly.

Ditto! either the Symbio Peel or the whirlwind tips, those two are my favorites with the Blon

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #44,253 of 101,012
Ditto! either the Symbio Peel or the whirlwind tips, those two are my favorites with the Blon

With these choices we are actually going the opposite way from those who insist it needs a longer nozzle and deep insertion. I want the shell body nice and tight to my ear...for me that adds to the comfort and isolation. I hate when iems are being held in place by just the tips. I think maybe my concha is the shape that companies use when they design iems. Most do fit me.

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #44,255 of 101,012
With these choices we are actually going the opposite way from those who insist it needs a longer nozzle and deep insertion. I want the shell body nice and tight to my ear...for me that adds to the comfort and isolation. I hate when iems are being held in place by just the tips. I think maybe my concha is the shape that companies use when they design iems. Most do fit me.

i agree. i also prefer more of the Blon's body to contact my ears. i think of it as wearing a hybrid IEM-earbud

Oct 9, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #44,256 of 101,012
Also had my Venture Electronics Bonus IE arrive today
Very impressed even out of the box. Their tuning is superb.
Reminds me of the Tin Audio T2. Admittedly the low end is bigger but it is a quality low end
Highly recommended >>> IF you have a bright high end DAP - Anything warm and the bass is FAR too big - pre-burn in anyway

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #44,257 of 101,012
Normally I go for the conventional twist the conical/tapered, foam tips into the ear canal. Like you, with the Blon Bl-03 I'm using a bulbous tip, in my case foam; which like the foam filled silicone tips, doesn't collapse as easily as the conventional silicone version. This in turn, allows the tip to create a surface versus insertion seal.

But I wouldn't agree, that the surface seal is opposing to what other members are doing, by trying to extend their chosen tips, with a higher perch on the neck, of the nozzle. As a surface seal doesn't require the extension that a conventional insertion seal needs.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #44,258 of 101,012
I received the Blon 03 and Spring 1. Both very good. People on a budget should get the Blon. It’s at the Kanas Pro level. Could be even better but I have to keep listening. I got it to fit right away with large spiral dots and shallow.

your jaw will drop again if you prefer a tinge of brightness by replacing it with an SPC cable

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #44,259 of 101,012
Thank you for that... I was expecting to put on widebores.

i've used widebore spiral dots and spins, and that didn't make it balanced. these are not balanced iem's, and the few reviews cast no illusion to these being balanced. hope your experience differs from myself and others though.

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #44,260 of 101,012
But as i said, i'm still burning in, and giving the bie some time to take in some sounds before i make any definitive claim on overall sound. the bass could very well fall in line after a bit?
We shall see.

The MD Crescents are itching for a show down

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #44,261 of 101,012
But as i said, i'm still burning in, and giving the bie some time to take in some sounds before i make any definitive claim on overall sound. the bass could very well fall in line after a bit?
We shall see.
The MD Crescents are itching for a show down

Out of a bright high end DAP the VE's sounded fine but as soon as I went to an even remotely warm DAP then the Bass was unacceptable - I really don't enjoy being punched repeatedly in the ear drum. Also What would they make them with such stupidly small and thin stems? Are they designed for Dolls ??
With the Right DAP and IF you can get a wide bore tip to actually stay on the stem they actually sound ok But...if burn in doesn't attenuate the bass then in the bin they go
They have potential but how a company an be SO stupid as to make the stem so small, squat and thin is beyond me??

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #44,262 of 101,012
Out of a bright high end DAP the VE's sounded fine but as soon as I went to an even remotely warm DAP then the Bass was unacceptable - I really don't enjoy being punched repeatedly in the ear drum. Also What would they make them with such stupidly small and thin stems? Are they designed for Dolls ??
With the Right DAP and IF you can get a wide bore tip to actually stay on the stem they actually sound ok But...if burn in doesn't attenuate the bass then in the bin they go
They have potential but how a company an be SO stupid as to make the stem so small, squat and thin is beyond me??

yeah! that was my main beef OOTB too. all my tips that had wider stems wouldn't stay on when i pulled them out of my ears. POP! I'm digging those tips out of my ears. terrible nozzle indeed. i've experienced them exactly like you have.

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #44,263 of 101,012
The bass on the BL-03 bothers me a lot more than the bass on the Bonus ever did.

I'd agree that the Bonus is quite source dependant though.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #44,264 of 101,012
yeah! that was my main beef OOTB too. all my tips that had wider stems wouldn't stay on when i pulled them out of my ears. POP! I'm digging those tips out of my ears. terrible nozzle indeed. i've experienced them exactly like you have.
Its ok with the sellotape / scotch tape Mod - wrap tape around the nozzle 4-5 times / trim then the tips can grip ok

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #44,265 of 101,012
The bass on the BL-03 bothers me a lot more than the bass on the Bonus ever did.

so the BLON is a basshead earphone? I bet that's why they're so popular? everytime a cheap boomer comes around that still provides decent highs, people go apes**t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back