The discovery thread!
Oct 7, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #44,236 of 98,051
Sorry about that erroneous reference to the KPE. But I did find that my Moondrop KPE was in sync with your findings (for the low end response), as well, against the Blons

indeed it does, that comparison would still be valid regarding the music genre based on the low end response, as the KPE and OG Kanas both has deeper bass extension than the Blon. so your findings would be right too.

the difference is that the OG Kanas has a more elevated bass volume and has more attack on the overall dynamics of presentation than the KPE, which is the smoother between the two

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #44,237 of 98,051
So I took another good listen to the Pink lady and I have to say I was wrong on a few aspects of their sound. It turned out to be much better than what I initially thought. In fact it has actually grown on me. It is interesting the amount of perception I had on the phones has changed since I heard them last.

No longer does the mids and treble have a strange tone. But now has clarity. I will do a new write up. Even though the sound has shaped to be decent. I don't think these will make a splash in the whole scheme of things. Competition is fierce for your money and these are just OK. In a similar level of sound to the KBear Hi7.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #44,238 of 98,051
Finally :wink:
20191008_184010.jpg
20191008_184024.jpg

Oct 8, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #44,240 of 98,051
GraveCornyGermanshepherd-size_restricted.gif
So it seems guys that recently ordered these will have to wait till after Chinese holiday. All is on hold till after. I wish I had some Chinese holiday so I can take several weeks off.
As far as I know that was all last week and stuff should be shipping out this week....I had two Ali orders "ship" within the last day (I think we all know that doesn't quite mean they have actually shipped).

It's weird, as an American, to think that things shut down for a whole week or more. The most we ever get is 2 consecutive days....

Oct 8, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #44,241 of 98,051
So it seems guys that recently ordered these will have to wait till after Chinese holiday. All is on hold till after. I wish I had some Chinese holiday so I can take several weeks off.
Yes DS! you need your own extended Holiday! Wish granted.....will be delivered by FedEx soon!!!!! thank you for your Discoveries over the years!

Oct 8, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #44,242 of 98,051

Yesterday Penon shipped my order, I guess it's over now.

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #44,243 of 98,051
so i got the Venture Electronics BIE OR Bonus IE yesterday. i let them burn in overnight, since the bass was kinda heavy-handed OOTB. not going to comment too much before i've spent a little more time with them, but these sorta remind me of the old Xaiomi Piston 2.0, in the way the aluminum shell is machined and colored, and how it fits, which is a mixed bag. Comfortable fit, but the thick nozzle makes any tip not very thin stemmed pop off and stuck in your ear. it's actually quite annoying. But aside from that, it seems like a rather well built iem. think Pistons with plastic cord instead of that fancy and awesome feeling kevlar cloth cord. For $20.00, what would you expect from a cord?

Just a little heads-up on the sound. people weren't kidding. There are definitely bass driven and v-shaped, but not as bad as the Pistons were. The mids do have some decent if not above average bite and attack, but the bass is the star of the show here. Soundstage is slightly above average width but with more height than width, and excellent imaging for a cheapo dynamic driver. more to come, and comparisons to my other dynamics in the collection.

IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3182.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #44,244 of 98,051
Hi,

I have been looking for a upgrade/replacement to my LZ A4. I am searching for a comfortable and neutral sounding replacement. LZ A4 are very detailed but the sound signature, despite all the filter combinations, has started to annoy me of late and unlike before, they have become uncomfortable to my ears. My budget is around 200-250 USD. Your recommendations are highly regarded.

Thank you.

Edit: In the meantime, I am up for trade, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #44,245 of 98,051
Just a little heads-up on the sound. people weren't kidding. There are definitely bass driven and v-shaped,

hmmm... not sure I will like that. For some reason I was under the impression when I ordered the BIE that it would be well balanced. Mine is due for delivery today.

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #44,246 of 98,051
hmmm... not sure I will like that. For some reason I was under the impression when I ordered the BIE that it would be well balanced. Mine is due for delivery today.

Fwiw I find it fairly well balanced with widebore tips....

I like it quite a bit.

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #44,247 of 98,051
Fwiw I find it fairly well balanced with widebore tips....

I like it quite a bit.

Thank you for that... I was expecting to put on widebores.

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #44,248 of 98,051
Got my Blon BL-03 yesterday. I'm a bit disappointed. So far i prefer my **** in every way over the Blon. **** has better bass (Blon is a bit bloated), better soundstage - at least with the delivered cables.

I tried different eartips and got a really good fit with the Blon (some EP10 tips) - so this is not the problem. Maybe i just had bad luck and got a below average pair :frowning2:

Edit: It wasn't mentioned here so far - but the imprint "Driamer" on the box isn't very trustworthy ...

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #44,249 of 98,051
Got my Blon BL-03 yesterday. I'm a bit disappointed. So far i prefer my **** in every way over the Blon. **** has better bass (Blon is a bit bloated), better soundstage - at least with the delivered cables.

I tried different eartips and got a really good fit with the Blon (some EP10 tips) - so this is not the problem. Maybe i just had bad luck and got a below average pair :frowning2:

Edit: It wasn't mentioned here so far - but the imprint "Driamer" on the box isn't very trustworthy ...

Well I think it really depends on your sound signature preference and music genres u listen to. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, one being a single DD and the other a hybrid, so it's really comparing oranges and apples IMHO.

The BLON will excel at timbre and tonality and is good for jazz, acoustic type genres.
But it cannot compete with the hybrids/multi BAs in terms of details and clarity and instrument separation.
I used to like the **** a lot when I first got it, but as I mainly listen to acoustic and jazz, I found the timbre for acoustic instruments on the **** to be artificial, especially for woodwinds, brasses and string instruments. If u use the **** for rock, EDM, pop, it is a very good set for the price.

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #44,250 of 98,051

Me too received Blon yesterday, and just wow. Being the one who always tinkers with EQ, I V-shaped them and got a big smile on my face. That dd bass is so sweet, punchy but I wouldn't say bloated, maybe just my preference. Even with original tuning they sound nice, unbelievable for the price. Out of the bat I replaced the cable with nicehck 8 core copper and eartips with symbio w peel and got a perfect seal and fit. I wonder why do we need more expensive sets? These will be perfect for gym... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back