The discovery thread!
Jan 19, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #41,311 of 100,468
I'm glad you're enjoying your t88k's! I agree 100% as well and haven't been interested in getting anything else in months. They hit my preferences perfectly and just get better with time for me. I've now upgraded my cable and source and am done.
Did you notice much difference between your phone and your new source when using the t4's? I'm also very close to ordering the t4's as my kc07 has become faulty.

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #41,312 of 100,468
i found some impressions of the CCA C16, translated by google - Run the sound of one night. Compared with C10, the density and detail of the sound is better than C10.
Double the price, the density is also doubled, and the money is worth it.
The clutter of the sound just opened was very obvious after one night.
The vocals are no longer too close, and the details of other instruments are running out. The sound of the instrument is terrifying and precise
The seller first told me that this sound is like a chameleon like qdc, but it's not like it.
There is no irritating feeling and no dryness beyond the full sound.
Although I didn't have to listen, but friends who have the challenge of personality and do not lack this money can rush.
When the sound is turned to high frequency, it will stabilize in a day or two. The ministries are very delicate.
Source - https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=60535&snA=13432

Jan 19, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #41,313 of 100,468
So, how/in what areas does t88K differ and/or better the DM6??
Been a while that I had the dm6, from memory the 2 major differences are that 1) t88k does not have that aweful spike and dip in the 8 to 10 khz range (YMMV) and 2) ambient noise blocking is way better on the t88k. A few years back I owned a pair of Westone es3x custom iems and these are the only ones that come close regarding fit and noise blocking.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #41,314 of 100,468
I'm glad you're enjoying your t88k's! I agree 100% as well and haven't been interested in getting anything else in months. They hit my preferences perfectly and just get better with time for me. I've now upgraded my cable and source and am done.

When 2018 started my source was a phone, now it's a fiio q5. I got the spendid nicehck OCC cable that insta replaced the stock cable. The hobby is fun but it's time for a small 'send more money to Ali to check out other stuff' break. :)

Jan 19, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #41,316 of 100,468
2019 pioneer line up

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=584715404879
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=584924153037
O1CN01vhlYGH1u7SvKHeo8a_!!3010025990.jpg O1CN01rbsGWK1u7SvHbvRpC_!!3010025990.jpg

hands-on
http://www.zfrontier.com/post/detail/11923

Jan 19, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #41,317 of 100,468
you will regret it....

You`ll probably regret it. KP is very revealing/sensitive to source gear and tip rolling. Most KP owners rather say they are neutral-brightish IEM with great clarity and detail.
Funny how someone reading "shopping site" comments backs off from such thing. Even few pages back (or was it other thread) someone commented them having sibilant/splahy highs (LOL probably again bad tip fit and source gear match).

+1
...along with great mids.

Haha you guys are so good at convincing someone to spend money. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Correct me if I am wrong, but @CoiL you don't even own a KPE yet do you?

I feel guilty about saying I like one IEM over another just because it is my preference. I have no clue who is going to use that info to buy a headphone, I am insignificant. It's not saying one is "better", just my preference and the preference could have soooo many factors some we forget to mention when stating such a preference, and some of those factors may not even matter to someone else. So I find it troubling when people use the word regret (especially if you don't even own one), there will be a new shiny toy in a month or two, no regrets.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #41,318 of 100,468
Haha you guys are so good at convincing someone to spend money. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Correct me if I am wrong, but @CoiL you don't even own one yet do you?

I feel guilty about saying I like one IEM over another just because it is my preference. It's not saying one is "better", just my preference and the preference could have soooo many factors some we forget to mention when stating such a preference, and some of those factors may not even matter to someone else. So I find it troubling when people use the word regret (especially if you don't even own one), there will be a new shiny toy in a month or two.
You are out of context.

We were talking about certain KP sound signature area, which was said about KP and there are many users to back it up and claim opposite
We also pointed out that KP is very source and tip dependent, which might have had influence in that contradicting opinion. Also look at FR graphs which back off those claims.
Heck, look also latest comments about IT01S vs. KP by @chickenmoon or "burn-in" test and FR/recording graphs @vault108 ,they give a lot of useful information.
Now, I really do feel sorry about ppl who don`t take different aspects into consideration (also Your mentioned subjective personal sound signature preference) and back off because someone commented something in "shopping site" comments.
Yes, I don`t have my KP YET but I (and many others here) actually read different impressions, reviews and comparisons DAILY and also at FR graph data to see relationions to impressions and we try to actually help ppl to look more into certain IEM and read different opinions - that`s why I and @FastAndClean (who actually has KP) said that person will probably regret backing off because of that information he got.
I personally have recommended IT01S in KP thread over KP for person with certain sound signature preference. I`m not a "blind fanboy following hype-train". I read quite a lot and share information based on what information person gives. That includes information about other products.
I will receive my own KP soon (I hope so, waiting delivery) and will share my honest opinion about it with my gear and preferences pointed out.

You don`t like our opinion and information sharing, fine, but don`t accuse and make us look like "false" information givers "forcing" someone to buy something.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #41,319 of 100,468
You don`t like our opinion and information sharing, fine, but don`t accuse and make us look like "false" information givers "forcing" someone to buy something.

I did not take the post in such a negative way at all.

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #41,320 of 100,468
My humble opinion is that all IEMs are tip and cable dependent. At least all I own. RHA MA750i are the only I use with foam tips. I like silver plated wires and I find that the difference vs copper ones is obvious. When looking for clarity and definition (bass losses some weight) I find myself liking that kind of cable more. With more flat sound IEMs I prefer copper.
Same with tips. Wide bore silicone tips (specially if silicone canal is tough) use to favor high frequencies response and clarity.
I don't own nor tried KP, but I think of tips and cable as a way to compensate frequencies more to my liking (don't perceive timbre differences).
Said short and plain, you can look for well rated IEMs that you think that match your SQ preferences and play with cables and tips afterwards, ideally when you have some experience with them.

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #41,321 of 100,468
I did not take the post in such a negative way at all.
Sorry but following quote at start of post, to me, was actually quite "negative" and "irritating".
Haha you guys are so good at convincing someone to spend money. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Correct me if I am wrong, but @CoiL you don't even own a KPE yet do you?
Sorry if I took it harsh way and understood wrong... but... I was not trying to convince someone to spend money nor ignored different factors.

Back to discussing IEMs :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #41,322 of 100,468
Finally got some time to do the compares. Here is the NiceHck M6 with tips rolled first, and filters rolled 2nd. Shows the potential for tuning the M6. All of the Filter runs were done with the Stock tips but all tests were done with the same after-market cable.

Tip Compare

Stock vs Auvio Wide Bore

Stock vs Whirlwind

Stock vs Spinfit Yellow

Stock vs Comply Foam

Filter Comparisons

Stock Filters

LZ A6 Filters

BLUE

Black

Red

Gold

Gunmetal

Magenta

Navy

Silver

Violet

BGVP Vented Filter

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #41,323 of 100,468
Finally got some time to do the compares. Here is the NiceHck M6 with tips rolled first, and filters rolled 2nd. Shows the potential for tuning the M6. All of the Filter runs were done with the Stock tips but all tests were done with the same after-market cable.

Tip Compare

Stock vs Comply Foam

Interesting, I would not have expected comply tips to reduce bass so much. On other IEMS, I usually hear more bass with comply tips..

Jan 19, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #41,325 of 100,468
@Wiljen Thanks for the graphs! It looks like the BGVP Vented Filter looks to be a must try! I hope there will be a source locally for it soon. I think I'll try out foam first. Is the New Bee Foam going to have the same/similar response?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back