The discovery thread!
Jan 17, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #41,296 of 100,494
I was gonna go with the Kanas Pro on MD, but after reading reviews here and on MD, the mention of rolled off and smoothed out highs is turning me off.

As others already said, I totally don't recognize the Kanas Pro in that description. If you're happy with you already have, no need to get them, ofc. But "rolled off and smoothed out highs" are certainly not the way I'm hearing my Kanas Pro... with some tips, they may even get to be a bit too much on the bright side, lol.

Jan 17, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #41,297 of 100,494
I have only had a short listen to the MH755 and they don't sound bad at all, going to mod it this weekend just for the hell of it
No-one said they are bad. By graphs only they probably are very good. But great and good are different words - like driver technical abilities, distortion, speed, magnetic force, driver shell and "chamber" implementation is different - resulting in different SQ.

Jan 17, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #41,298 of 100,494
Hmmm... the thing is that more refined sound, better mids and other technicalities IS the difference. Add KP tip-sensitive and source gear/amping revealing nature, there`s more difference with proper gear.
Also, seen responses that MH755 can`t mach soundstage, micro detail and separation of KP - which is expectable with different technical specs.
Yes, I agree that they may be very similar signature.... but "beating" KP? I really doubt it. It is very subjective anyway and for one to copare properly, vol-level matching, graphs etc. must be done.

What I said above - that last bit of SQ is what makes KP better if proper source gear/amping, tips, fit etc. have been found.

I personally would like to see FR graphs of MH750/755 vs. KP @ same measuring gear! That would say a lot :wink:

that revealing nature of the KP is more intense on the Regular Kanas. The KP (while still revealing for a single DD standard) is more laid back feel in comparison. the Kanas (both of them) really sounds like a hybrid because of the top end rivals BAs. i wouldn't have guess it a single DD if they didn't tell that info on the specs.

have you tried the MH755 yourself and comparing them with the KP?

Jan 17, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #41,300 of 100,494
I am definitely interested in the qdc Anole VX. My thought processed is that it’s more fun to try out several cheaper good IEMs than one end game IEM. When you reach end game, I feel you’ll stop trying out the cheaper IEMs. I love the look of the Anole VX. To buy or not to buy?

I was so close to tempting one of my friends to get the qdc 8SH but sadly he went the normal route of Campfire.

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #41,301 of 100,494
MH755 are very good. Great is a push.
For 8 dollars, I mean, this is as good as it gets.

factoring the 8 dollars price (i paid around 4 dollars for mine, and i bought two) it is great

the only hesitation for me to recommend to people being the really short cable. i bought it specifically to use with my ES100 so that limitation is in fact a blessing.

is it going to make me sell my Kanas? well..... no. the Kanas is better technically.
but on some songs i find it more enjoyable than the Kanas. so it is a great purchase

Jan 17, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #41,302 of 100,494
Yup. Completely agree.
The CL2 has ruined almost every other iem for me. It's almost impossible for anything else to get listening time, even other TOTL sets.
Next step is to build a floor speaker setup that is just as high in SQ, the iem journey is coming to an end :wink: for the foreseeable future.
I currently use my NiceHCK black friday(cost me like 13 bucks maybe? Dont remember) IEM for listening to rap and edm, my Dunu Titan 1 for playing Pubg and CS:GO because their soundstage is absolutely amazing, my Fiio F9s with eq'd profile when I miss soundstage and seperation, Dunu Titan 3 for engaging Vocals, and finally, the crown jewel, Moondrop Kanas Pro for listening at the end of the day, when i'm on the bus returning home after a long day of work.

To me, collecting IEMs is more like a hobby ... Yeah I thought I would ditch all my IEM$ when I got the Kanas Pro. But slowly I realized the importance of all of them.

To me, listening to music in different ways is one of the delightful activities I enjoy in my life.

It's like Yin and Yang you know... Darkness and light.

Who knows, maybe there's a KZ out there for every frustrated Campfire user.. :beyersmile::beerchug:

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #41,303 of 100,494
I currently use my NiceHCK black friday(cost me like 13 bucks maybe? Dont remember) IEM for listening to rap and edm, my Dunu Titan 1 for playing Pubg and CS:GO because their soundstage is absolutely amazing, my Fiio F9s with eq'd profile when I miss soundstage and seperation, Dunu Titan 3 for engaging Vocals, and finally, the crown jewel, Moondrop Kanas Pro for listening at the end of the day, when i'm on the bus returning home after a long day of work.

To me, collecting IEMs is more like a hobby ... Yeah I thought I would ditch all my IEM$ when I got the Kanas Pro. But slowly I realized the importance of all of them.

To me, listening to music in different ways is one of the delightful activities I enjoy in my life.

It's like Yin and Yang you know... Darkness and light.

Who knows, maybe there's a KZ out there for every frustrated Campfire user.. :beyersmile::beerchug:
Very understandable. I am not an iem collector, I want the best SQ I can get, that's it.
Give me one great iem, 1 great car audio system, 1 great floor speaker setup, and I'll be happy.
We come at the same thing in two different ways.

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #41,304 of 100,494
Hmmm... the thing is that more refined sound, better mids and other technicalities IS the difference. Add KP tip-sensitive and source gear/amping revealing nature, there`s more difference with proper gear.
Also, seen responses that MH755 can`t mach soundstage, micro detail and separation of KP - which is expectable with different technical specs.
Yes, I agree that they may be very similar signature.... but "beating" KP? I really doubt it. It is very subjective anyway and for one to copare properly, vol-level matching, graphs etc. must be done.

What I said above - that last bit of SQ is what makes KP better if proper source gear/amping, tips, fit etc. have been found.

I personally would like to see FR graphs of MH750/755 vs. KP @ same measuring gear! That would say a lot :wink:

I mean that MH750/755 have similar performance in some way, but Kanas have richer (quality not quantity) more lively sound, and as mentioned Chinnie before, midrange is more forward, and more detailed. Thats all, not in term of beating. For their price..I'm shocked.

One of Sony attribute, is that they never going to be harsh. Sound is very smooth, but still detailed

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #41,305 of 100,494
another CIEM maker from china making entry models, the Tipsy Dunmer

Dual-DD, around usd$100 (I've shared a couple of their other models on the thread below too, for anyone feeling adventurous)
O1CN01jdj14l2Bg8NOHu9LK_!!3395538367.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1429#post-14726174

Jan 18, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #41,306 of 100,494
Received Toneking T88K last week: What - a - beast!
In 2018 I took the chi-fi journey: from FH5 to DM6, Magaosi K5, DMG and finally T88K. I am done :) If you are like me and enjoy detailed but slightly dark sounding signature combined with killer bass and super ambient noise blocking (train/metro): Get those T88Ks and spend money elsewhere.

IMG_20190117_150529.jpg

Jan 18, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #41,307 of 100,494
The IE800 are slightly dark too, but so delicious sounding. I can relate to that feeling.

Jan 18, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #41,308 of 100,494
JVC FW01 are very wide, airy, with shimmer in the highs and great control with a limber bottom end with a keen ability for instrument separation and digging up details hidden in tracks. Guitars ridiculouly shine! RIDICULOUSLY SO! If only they weren't so big. A little smaller and more isolation, and they'd be my favorite iem by far. As it stands, I'm getting more enjoyment out of my IE800, BUT it does tend to flip flop with these. It's the addicting timbre and airiness.

IMG_1897.jpg

Jan 18, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #41,309 of 100,494
In 2018 I took the chi-fi journey: from FH5 to DM6, Magaosi K5, DMG and finally T88K. I am done :) If you are like me and enjoy detailed but slightly dark sounding signature combined with killer bass and super ambient noise blocking (train/metro): Get those T88Ks and spend money elsewhere.

So, how/in what areas does t88K differ and/or better the DM6??

Jan 18, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #41,310 of 100,494

I'm glad you're enjoying your t88k's! I agree 100% as well and haven't been interested in getting anything else in months. They hit my preferences perfectly and just get better with time for me. I've now upgraded my cable and source and am done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back