The discovery thread!
Dec 10, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #40,651 of 100,249
I don't think my AliExpress order for dm6 is going to arrive. Seems to have gone to Germany rather than the UK. Might ask for refund. Are there other iems that are as good at a similar price?

Is it DHL? They often route it through Germany.

Dec 10, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #40,652 of 100,249
I kinda wrote the DMG off very quickly as i found the mid bass too heavy and emphasised. I had been listening to another set though which was very open and airy with a much thinner overall body to the sound so that didn't help i guess. With fresh ears today I actually find the DMG very pleasing. I do find that the mid bass can be obtrusive in some rock music with lots going on, but instruments have this very natural and lifelike quality. I originally thought it lacked detail, but it's never going to be an analytical earphone, not tuned that way. But the micro detail is there, in fact can take me by surprise sometimes hearing sounds and instruments I hadn't heard before. the detail though is in the organic quality of the overall sound. Gorgeous cable and fit.

I may try a balanced cable tomorrow.

Dec 10, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #40,653 of 100,249
So Advanced Sound released that they are coming out with the Accessport Lite which is the USB C version of the Accessport (Lightning connection)
https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/dac-amp/products/accessport-lite

Now, today they sent an email letting us know about the Accessport Air that will be on Kickstarter. Getting into the BT DAC game. BT 5.0 with Apt X/Apt X Low Latency support.

FB_IMG_1544502557070.jpg

On that note, a while back I got their M3 BT cable. Was using the 2 Pin version with a pair of IEMs and it wasn't staying secure, kept disconnecting from sockets. Sent and email and they exchanged it for an MMCX version. Connected them to my IT01 right now and it's solid. Very good pick up if you are looking to turn your MMCX gear "wireless". Gonna be using these at the gym.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #40,654 of 100,249
Dec 11, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #40,655 of 100,249
As big k5 fan: who is going to bite? Got DMG's coming and 3 cables. My better half is done with it :)
I don't have the K5, but i wanted a daily driver as I don't want to use my oriolus daily. And I think the K6 have kinda caught me by surprised. the detail retrieval is outta the world.

Dec 11, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #40,656 of 100,249
Got the Moondrop Kanas pro today... just oob, I definitely liked them better than either BGVP DM6 or Whizzer Kylin (still oob). They seem to be very balanced, yet not boring. One possible negative is fit: could not get a good seal with the Spiral Dots (which are my go-to tips for 90%+ of IEMs), but Symbio peeled seem to do the job. Whizzer Kylin was also a bit finicky for fit (but Spiral Dots, there, did work for me).

They're off to burn in, now.

DM6 and Kylin are almost at the end of 200 hours burn in, I'll see if/how they improved, shortly. And we'll see how they all compare in another 9 days or so :)

Dec 11, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #40,657 of 100,249
I will tell you guys. My new earphones I got. You guys know which ones. AMAZING! Just ASTOUNDING! I have been PMing others that bought them on 11.11 sales and I have to say it not only punches way above price paid. These hang with my Andromda S easily. They are on that level of SQ for $350 I paid I could not be more happier. I left an impression of them on one of the 5 star reviews about them if you want to go to the site and read it. ( which havent posted yet, I believe seller reads every remark left by buyers before posting)

These give some very stiff competition to my DZ12 ( made by the same OEM), my IT04, Z5 and are at a similar level in SQ to my Andromeda S. Just crazy!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #40,658 of 100,249
I will tell you guys. My new earphones I got. You guys know which ones. AMAZING! Just ASTOUNDING! I have been PMing others that bought them on 11.11 sales and I have to say it not only punches way above price paid. These hang with my Andromda S easily. They are on that level of SQ for $350 I paid I could not be more happier. I left an impression of them on one of the 5 star reviews about them if you want to go to the site and read it. ( which havent posted yet, I believe seller reads every remark left by buyers before posting)

These give some very stiff competition to my DZ12 ( made by the same OEM), my IT04, Z5 and are at a similar level in SQ to my Andromeda S. Just crazy!

Not been following this thread too closely recently - can you mention the name here, or are they one of the "forbidden" manufacturers? Always interested in high bang-for-buck gems.

Dec 11, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #40,659 of 100,249

I'm interested as well. That's a lot of high praise for an IEM.

Dec 11, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #40,660 of 100,249
Yeah me too. What is it?

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #40,662 of 100,249
I'm interested as well. That's a lot of high praise for an IEM.

LOL, he does seem to do that a lot:grin: No offense DS but you do seem to ramp up fast:wink:

@Lurk650 , very sorry to hear of your woes with the DMG's as mine are working perfectly still and I've for sure got them in my top 5 but should always include the caveat of "Subject to change" without warning:rolling_eyes: Finally getting the 1D dialed in and they are solid:thumbsup:

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #40,664 of 100,249
I am just reporting what I am hearnig. Anyways onward and upwards. I have nothing to do with the DM6 by the way. I never bought a pair. Not really interested in them to be honest.

That's too bad, would have loved to hear your impressions:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back