The discovery thread!
Dec 11, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #40,681 of 99,777
I'd also like to remind everyone of the NiceHCK HK6 hype collapse. Hypes are getting pricier with every season.

Not to mention in a subjective hobby like this; one mans hype could very well be another man's (Or Ladies lest I forget) dud:thinking::wink:

Dec 11, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #40,682 of 99,777
I'd also like to remind everyone of the NiceHCK HK6 hype collapse. Hypes are getting pricier with every season.
Apparently, I'm too new to this thread to have any memory of this, so the reminder isn't ringing a bell. :p

What's the TL;DR? :D

Dec 11, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #40,683 of 99,777
Apparently, I'm too new to this thread to have any memory of this, so the reminder isn't ringing a bell. :p

What's the TL;DR? :D
What is a TL;DR? As to the HK6...hyped and then only @HungryPanda liked them in the end.

First everybody is in denial as they have spent so much money in the hype train's dining car - and when they finally wake up they realize that the train has left the station without them.

First thing - particularly when much money is at stake - is a frequency response curve. Without it, I don't go any further. High rollers likely know which signature they like and which not. Some run away from a flat graph and others from a V-shape. But no graph is not enough information. A graph is also objective (although not sufficient), listening impressions are not. In the end, both are needed to complete the puzzle.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #40,684 of 99,777
What is a TL;DR?

Sorry, it's lazy-write for "too long; didn't read" as in, what's the general summary of what happened around this HK6 that caused the hype to collapse? QC issues or something...?

Dec 11, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #40,685 of 99,777
Sorry, it's lazy-write for "too long; didn't read" as in, what's the general summary of what happened around this HK6 that caused the hype to collapse? QC issues or something...?

As to your acronyms: don't forget, many people here are old. In the HK6 case...some listeners changed their mind...can't remember the details. Or some ordered it after reading reviews and then didn't like them...

I missed the dm6 hype-train derailment [caution: I may as well have cited somebody wrong and the good dm6 is still running full steam ahead].

hype train derailment.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #40,686 of 99,777
It never stays away too long. Strap in suckers!

"Mongo don't know...........................has to do with where Choo Choo go"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Otto Motor , I refer back to my dud comment! I still love my Micro Driver Rockets:grin:

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #40,687 of 99,777
As to your acronyms: don't forget, many people here are old. In the HK6 case...some listeners changed their mind...can't remember the details. Or some ordered it after reading reviews and then didn't like them...

I missed the dm6 hype-train derailment.

DM6. As in, BGVP DM6? That train derailed? If so, I bet that would make for a juicy read.

Dec 11, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #40,689 of 99,777
DM6. As in, BGVP DM6? That train derailed? If so, I bet that would make for a juicy read.

Are we mixing up the 6's and G's again:rolling_eyes: Inquiring minds want to know if there current orders have derailed before even making it stateside:scream::cry:

So you think it derailed in Hawaii:smiling_imp:

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #40,691 of 99,777
I better stop my train now and go to a Christmas party :).

Depending on your current speed and number of cars you may have a while before you can exit the train:beerchug:

Dec 11, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #40,692 of 99,777
Did I misread that note on the dm6 derailment? I personally have not heard details of such a derailment.

I highlighted the specific statement I was replying to in my quote.

"I missed the dm6 hype-train derailment."

I guess that was a typo and you meant to say HK6. This is why proper model names instead of a flurry of numbers and letters are welcome, haha. Oh well :)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #40,693 of 99,777
I highlighted the specific statement I was reply to in my quote.

I guess that was a typo and you meant to say HK6. This is why proper model names instead of a flurry of numbers and letters are welcome, haha. Oh well :)

I was just thinking how many pissed off buyers there were going to be since my seller says he's only getting 20 pieces a day from the builder and by my current wait and calculations he sold 300 pair out of his store alone! I know when I started surfing AliEx again every store I stopped at said sold out:fearful:

Dec 11, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #40,695 of 99,777
I highlighted the specific statement I was reply to in my quote.

My apologies, I am notorious for mixing up such random number and letter arrangements. That's why I don't drive a Lexus...I better fix that claim of mine in order not to get a sharp letter from Gary at BMW...what was that earphone brand called again?

The World needs more Garys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back