The discovery thread!
Oct 30, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #38,851 of 105,035
Oct 30, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #38,852 of 105,035
BL1 is 24ohm and this is the FR. Straight from TK store.

Is that compensated FR?

May be a tad mid-forward for my liking. Hopefully not shouty. Otherwise looks solid. Except maybe the uneven treble. I’ve been contemplating picking one up over the past few days. Haven’t pulled the trigger, mostly because I don’t really need it and I don’t really like the faceplate on it enough to spend $210 on it.

Oct 30, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #38,853 of 105,035
Is that compensated FR?

May be a tad mid-forward for my liking. Hopefully not shouty. Otherwise looks solid. Except maybe the uneven treble. I’ve been contemplating picking one up over the past few days. Haven’t pulled the trigger, mostly because I don’t really need it and I don’t really like the faceplate on it enough to spend $210 on it.
Not enough resolution in the measurement. Resolution needs to be transparent enough to show peaks if there are. There are straight geometric lines like connect the dots. I'd be wary of these graphs and hope somebody didn't draw them up!

We need somebody with a rig to verify measurements.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #38,854 of 105,035
My thoughts on the T2 Pro. Very nice earphone, but I don't think it was a necessary release. Treble was fine. Bass needed attention. Feels like a missed opportunity.

I agree with you, it’s more a whole shift in the upper range, making it a different iem altogether. And, like you, appreciate it for that, but doesn’t actually make the original T2 “better”.

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #38,855 of 105,035
The DM6 have arrived for about several days now.
They are just fantastic. Sound, look, and build quality.
Photos:

V3rGqN2.jpg

jo88m1H.jpg

PWsY805.jpg
Wow you went custom... Bravo, I can't lie they do look nice. I've been so tempted to go the custom route too!!

Are the inner shells transparent or white?

Oct 30, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #38,856 of 105,035
HTB1cYWubyrpK1RjSZFhq6xSdXXal.jpg

Well I can say these have now set the new benchmark. Thats right fellas. A new benchmark for the biggest brawniest bloated mid bass I have heard this year.
You know your dealing with bass power when the bass drowns out the mids and whatever highs are left over. They have the type of sound that is best decribed as the low fi trunk of funk. Your not so best friends old Honda Civic with them 15" sub woofers and not so tightly put in place to hear the rattle every time it rolls by and hits them low notes.

In all seriousness. This time I am gonna write about these and not send them back to NiceHCK folks. They want my honest take on em. They are gonna get my honest take on em. I am gonna have some fun writing about these bad and I mean that literally bad boys. They do have a certain toyish charm to them however.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #38,857 of 105,035
HTB1cYWubyrpK1RjSZFhq6xSdXXal.jpg

Well I can say these have now set the new benchmark. Thats right fellas. A new benchmark for the biggest brawniest bloated mid bass I have heard this year.
You know your dealing with bass power when the bass drowns out the mids and whatever highs are left over. They have the type of sound that is best decribed as the low fi trunk of funk. Your not so best friends old Honda Civic with them 15" sub woofers and not so tightly put in place to hear the rattle every time it rolls by and hits them low notes.

In all seriousness. This time I am gonna write about these and not send them back to NiceHCK folks. They want my honest take on em. They are gonna get my honest take on em. I am gonna have some fun writing about these bad and I mean that literally bad boys. They do have a certain toyish charm to them however.
I almost bought these during the last sale. Glad I didn’t; these are a bullet well dodged.

Oct 30, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #38,858 of 105,035
To be fair I haven't fully burned them in. I threw on my pure silver cable on them and a Spiral Dot as the stock tips get this. ENHANCE the bass! it is narrow bored.

First time I put them in my ears I can feel my eyeballs shake! And it sounds like this with my cable that cost 3X more Lol.

You guys want something that is worth getting EB2 from NiceHCK

10174879.jpg

You gotta be OK with earbuds. But these will be sold at $25ish on 11/11. Completely worth the cash. These will surprise you.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #38,859 of 105,035
To be fair I haven't fully burned them in. I threw on my pure silver cable on them and a Spiral Dot as the stock tips get this. ENHANCE the bass! it is narrow bored.

First time I put them in my ears I can feel my eyeballs shake! And it sounds like this with my cable that cost 3X more Lol.
After the DM6 right out of the box experience, who knows, this toad might just turn into Cinderella.

Oct 30, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #38,861 of 105,035
You guys want something that is worth getting EB2 from NiceHCK

You gotta be OK with earbuds. But these will be sold at $25ish on 11/11. Completely worth the cash. These will surprise you.

I have had my EB2 (black version) for awhile now...I love them. OK with buds in general but these fit better than most. I got mine without knowing what they would be as a Fukubukuro (mystery lucky bag) from NiceHCK. Wonderful surprise.

As for the

They cannot possibly be worse than the GGMM C300 that I sent back to Amazon a couple of weeks ago. I felt like someone was in my head breaking my skull to try to escape. Weirdly, I do have a few GGMM iems that I do like.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #38,862 of 105,035
Is that compensated FR?

Straight from Ada Zhong from theTK store on AE (I guess). One person has gave their impressions so far.

Oct 30, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #38,863 of 105,035
I almost bought these during the last sale. Glad I didn’t; these are a bullet well dodged.

I bought them during the last sale and they are not as bad as you think. Actually they are surprisingly good considering the amount of bass they have. You 'd think the bass drowns everything else and they sound muffled but no, surprisingly they retain very good clarity and are fairly detailed. Not my favorite IEM by a long shot by certainly not an horribly bad one I'm never going to use again.

Oct 30, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #38,864 of 105,035
I have had my EB2 (black version) for awhile now...I love them. OK with buds in general but these fit better than most. I got mine without knowing what they would be as a Fukubukuro (mystery lucky bag) from NiceHCK. Wonderful surprise.

As for the

They cannot possibly be worse than the GGMM C300 that I sent back to Amazon a couple of weeks ago. I felt like someone was in my head was breaking my skull to try to escape. Weirdly, I do have a few GGMM iems that I do like.

I was very surprised how good the EB2 sounded to me even on first listen. I think it sounds just as good as anything I have heard SQ wise to anything in the $100ish range in SQ if not better. Very surprised since these are being sold for $23 soon.

For the OM1s.. I have plenty of bass heavy earphones but these are a bit too much. I would guessimate the bass to have at least 16dbs of boost maybe more. It is all mid bass too. Lol. It pounds your head. The design is actually done well the housing is large for the single dynamic and has plenty of room for the driver. I can tell it is vented well but that is the problem. The focus of the sound is Bass first. I think your average hip hop lovin crowd might enjoy these but forget about any type of real balance here. It is all about dat bass!

Oct 30, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #38,865 of 105,035
Very surprised since these are being sold for $23 soon.

Because I fearlessly jumped on the mystery bag, I got mine for $19.99. Sight unseen. I think there were 100 available at the time. They went fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back