The discovery thread!
Oct 30, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #38,866 of 104,034
I was very surprised how good the EB2 sounded to me even on first listen. I think it sounds just as good as anything I have heard SQ wise to anything in the $100ish range in SQ if not better. Very surprised since these are being sold for $23 soon.

For the OM1s.. I have plenty of bass heavy earphones but these are a bit too much. I would guessimate the bass to have at least 16dbs of boost maybe more. It is all mid bass too. Lol. It pounds your head. The design is actually done well the housing is large for the single dynamic and has plenty of room for the driver. I can tell it is vented well but that is the problem. The focus of the sound is Bass first. I think your average hip hop lovin crowd might enjoy these but forget about any type of real balance here. It is all about dat bass!
Poke a hole in the vent where the driver is and , then they become balanced

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #38,868 of 104,034
Poke a hole in the vent where the driver is and , then they become balanced

Bass sure goes away after doing that but there's isn't enough of it anymore IMO, very shouty sound. I had to add some micropore tape on the vents to relift the bass and now they are about right..

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #38,869 of 104,034
That is beautiful! Very tempting... if it sounds good...

Have you heard the QDC Neptune? It's also a single BA but it sounds very good. I have not tried any single BA that cost more than the ER4S but whatever that is coming out from the QDC Neptune is really good for a single BA. I hope the Brainwavz Koel would be equally good at that price as well.

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #38,870 of 104,034
Have you heard the QDC Neptune? It's also a single BA but it sounds very good. I have not tried any single BA that cost more than the ER4S but whatever that is coming out from the QDC Neptune is really good for a single BA. I hope the Brainwavz Koel would be equally good at that price as well.

I was unaware of the Neptune.

I have the Moondrop Nocturne which has a single BA. I love the sound. I think it is no longer available. Not my photo.

20170212055506.jpg

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #38,871 of 104,034
I talked with the seller about these. He says they're using the same drivers as the t88k, with an additional chinese made 30017. That makes it knowles 31618 for bass, and 30265 for mids and 3-30017 for treble. I'm not sure about the stores authenticity though, because Mr Z (the actual Toneking owner and tuning master)says he's not made a T10k at all, not is he developing one. The store also has "Toneking hybrid" that uses the same shell as the T4, T66s and T88k. I will only purchase from the official Toneking store and hotfi, as they're official distributors for Toneking.

I humbly suggest you to check HotFi decaying quality reports on AE. Do not buy to that 'seller' if you do nor want to risk.
I recently had the worst annoying experience trying to buy HotFi a T66. The only made me lose time. No serious seller, a real swindler not replying update requests and only asking to wait a shipping he never did. I took money back and went to Toneking, little more expensive but actually reported 100% reliable.

Oct 31, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #38,872 of 104,034
Anyone looking for foam tips. These are a great deal. They are every bit as good as complys but much cheaper.
Sold on MD for $8. I got a few of these samples from the Dekoni rep at Can Jam. Definitely good foam tips.
MD-28662_20161013141348_b4e4f264136e20b4.jpg

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dekoni-bulletz-earphone-tips

Speaking of Tips, I've asked before but got really only one answer, does anyone know what kind of Comply tips fit the BGVP DMG. Someone Said T-200.
Stupid company doesn't actually give measurements anywhere, only compatibility charts.

Oct 31, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #38,873 of 104,034
i think it has been talked there i think bgvp dm6 on audiovideo professional presale is somewhat fishy. i said this cause i make preorder from them. they send me a mail ask for which version i want v1 or v2. which is v1 is need amp v2 dont need. than they send me it will be shipped after 15 days on 11.11 cause production take some time. anyone know what do they want to do?

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #38,874 of 104,034
Unless you want to deal with delays and or BS where you don't even get them and get a shady type of refund, id not pay the remaining sum on 11.11.

Basically, bgvp didn't authorize that price, so availability for these $153 dollar dm6's gets put on the back burner since they're made to order, and whether or not the warranty will be honored is questionable. You're rolling the dice on it.

I mean it's possible they're on the up and up and you'll get them as promised. basically, they'd be doing this for promotional purposes, but the signs aren't encouraging. It could have been a poorly thought out plan, or could be some type of scam, who knows.

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #38,875 of 104,034
Definitley THERE ARE SCAMS in these poorly organized AliExpress soldes.

Sometimes sellers (HotFi and Beteran in my 'miserable' bad sellers direct experiences) do not even seem to own the earphones they are offering for real. The tenth day arrived, 'Dear friend please consider.... Crap. And nobody better risk the delayed time of shipping as the client service hipocritly adviced me more than once.

Unless you want to deal with delays and or BS where you don't even get them and get a shady type of refund, id not pay the remaining sum on 11.11.

Basically, bgvp didn't authorize that price, so availability for these $153 dollar dm6's gets put on the back burner since they're made to order, and whether or not the warranty will be honored is questionable. You're rolling the dice on it.

I mean it's possible they're on the up and up and you'll get them as promised. basically, they'd be doing this for promotional purposes, but the signs aren't encouraging. It could have been a poorly thought out plan, or could be some type of scam, who knows.

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #38,877 of 104,034
In my few days with the DMG these are my small impressions. Been burning in daily, started with regular music for 1.5 days then J-Lab Burn In track for a day and half now.

Bass is tight with great texture, well balanced between subbass and midbass

Mids are a tad forward with great detail & clarity, and Highs are sparkly with good detail but never get too in your face

Separation and stage is wide, deep and open but sometimes can throw off imaging a bit because of this. It's a 3D, out of your head stage. Like a concert venue vs a small room.

Female vocals you can hear each breath which is great but most of the time the vocals tend to come off shouty and a bit distracting. I will do more listening to male vocals tonight.

All testing done with Small Wide Bore Symbios (tons of tip rolling done), Triton8 Hybrid cable balanced to my ES100 fed by my Note 9.

Oct 31, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #38,878 of 104,034
Speaking of Tips, I've asked before but got really only one answer, does anyone know what kind of Comply tips fit the BGVP DMG. Someone Said T-200.
Stupid company doesn't actually give measurements anywhere, only compatibility charts.

I would go TX400. Most of my foam tips are Tx 400- Tx 500. I am certain the 400 variety will fit these. the nozzle is about 3mm opening.

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #38,879 of 104,034
I humbly suggest you to check HotFi decaying quality reports on AE. Do not buy to that 'seller' if you do nor want to risk.
I recently had the worst annoying experience trying to buy HotFi a T66. The only made me lose time. No serious seller, a real swindler not replying update requests and only asking to wait a shipping he never did. I took money back and went to Toneking, little more expensive but actually reported 100% reliable.
I know Hotfi has issues with communication, but I have always received everything I've ordered from them. You're entitled to do what you want and I don't blame you for your opinion, but I haven't had some of the negative experiences with them like some people report. You can save alot of money from ordering from Hotfi, but it definitely won't be as smooth as ordering from the official store. So you need to balance and decide what is the most important aspect to you before ordering. The official Toneking store is great to deal with and will give prompt responses and fast shipping, but you will definitely pay extra for their service. Personally, I wish everyone would order from the official store and have a great and positive experience, so the Toneking name doesn't get associated with so much negativity like what happened in the past with all the Hotfi nonsense. I feel that hurt the brand and it's a shame because of how awesome, and underappreciated that they are.
I hope you enjoy the T66s friend! They're a rare treat for their cost and only get better with the more time you spend with them. Personally, I find them to be the perfect balance of the T4 and the T88k. Please share your impressions whenever you can then. I believe I am the only one around here that has them, other than you now!

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #38,880 of 104,034
I would go TX400. Most of my foam tips are Tx 400- Tx 500. I am certain the 400 variety will fit these. the nozzle is about 3mm opening.
The tx400 are definitely a good fit and a good pairing sonically with the DMG. I can easily +1 your recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back