The discovery thread!
Oct 15, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #38,386 of 103,551
Who cares what Hawaii bad booiiii says?

What kind of name is that??

**Flips Table**
I am hoping the DM6 does justice to Ambitionz az a ridah.
Or I am coming for you hawaiibadboy :)

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #38,388 of 103,551
Yeah, this thread is talking too much on bgvp dmg.

Owners of audbos p4, tehnz p4 pro and DM6(all are hypes of the same wagon) please come out and talk to us.

I have the dmg and p4 pro on order, and would love to hear about dm6 and p4/p4 pro compared. As their signature should follow a kinda flat response.

Oct 15, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #38,389 of 103,551
Who cares what Hawaii bad booiiii says?

What kind of name is that??

**Flips Table**
Hey man, quick question for you. Are you going to do a full review on the Toneking T88k? I have them and saw you do as well. I'm really curious as to your thoughts on them.

Oct 15, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #38,390 of 103,551
I received my Audbos P4s two days back. Here are my first impressions.

Good:
- Seductive female vocals
- Unapologetic sound signature. I used them for 4-5 hrs straight with no fatigue.
- Comfort with the right tips (had to use the smallest while I normally use Large)
- Accessories are good quality. Included Wide bore silicone tips are fantastic.

Bad:
- Bass lacks texture and layering. I'm thinking the knowles bass driver CI-22955 is not that good (this one's from 2005).
- Soundstage and imaging are OK-ish. Same league as KZs $50 iems (ZS6, AS10, ZS10) etc. Expected it to be better, considering the dedicated sound tubes.
- Nothing really stands out in terms of sound signature. DT8 at $45 has better details in midrange and treble and splendid DD for bass/sub-bass.
- Did not scale with better sources (Mojo & AK120II-Balanced). Used it mostly with Shanling M0.

Nitpick:
- Cable could have been better. Preformed ear guides do not aid a proper fit. Immediately swapped for a cable without one.

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #38,391 of 103,551
Yeah, this thread is talking too much on bgvp dmg.

Owners of audbos p4, tehnz p4 pro and DM6(all are hypes of the same wagon) please come out and talk to us.

I have the dmg and p4 pro on order, and would love to hear about dm6 and p4/p4 pro compared. As their signature should follow a kinda flat response.

I should be getting the p4 pro today for reviewing. Dm6 in the near future as well. But my baby ME1 planar is also coming back today which I converted from universal to ciem so I may not get to the p4 pro right away :)

Oct 15, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #38,392 of 103,551
Could you please link where you got these cables from.
Thank you
you can find those exact cables from aliexpress (various sellers) and lunashops. there is a 8 cores (guess 20% better conductivity expected, near 2x the price, different colors) version available too. search for pure silver or 7N silver cables.

Oct 15, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #38,393 of 103,551
Got the last piece of my minimalist earbud rig today...
upload_2018-10-15_16-3-9.png

$20 for the 8GB. Comes with some buds that I haven't tried yet. Little clip snaps on the back side. Has a screen protector over the back and front. BT 4.2 seems to work very well(not a dropout with two phones and through two walls). Tried with the Fender wireless and didn't get a dropout in close range even when I put my hand in front of the remote. Sounds good on BT and also broadcasts FM over BT. FM is a mixed bag. Surprisingly good reception and that makes the BT FM experience much better than my AGPtek. No reception issue with the **** having the short cable till you get inside. Problem is the presets. 30 is plenty but preset mode leaves FF/RW as manual tuning and you either bring of the list of presets and choose or press play which cycles forward through the stations. No back and forth through presets it seems and the only way I found of choosing presets is to auto scan them. No way of tuning and setting presets I have found yet. No English instructions so may be something I have yet to come across. Still do-able blind and in pockets though just needs more button pressing.

Sound seems a slight bit warmer than the Sony A45 which is great for the ****. The listing info of it having like 3 EQ presets was wrong. it has Off, Rock, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Classic, and Techno. Sound is very decent so far. though I have listened with only the PT25, Philip SHB9100, and two Fender Puresonic.
upload_2018-10-15_18-24-53.png

Gonna be cool as a necklace I think. Nice clipped to the chest pocket. Since you can take the clip off you then can install it to open/bite up or down depending on need. Orient the HO jack up or down and face the screen the right way esp. on left side pockets with vertical zippers.

Has on the fly playlisting(add and remove) and file deletion, clock/date screensaver, shuffle, variable speed playback, voice recording, folder and Music database(with All Songs, Artist, Album, Genres, Playlists(3 of them), and Create Playlist categories). Settings control backlight time, Date and Time setting, Screensaver, Sleep timer, Language, Reset factory settings, format and system info. Individual menus appear under the other functions; play modes and EQ and such when playing music, BT settings when in the BT mode, and radio settings when in FM mode.

FM over BT was a nice surprise as was the BT connection and FM reception quality, and the extra EQ Presets. Big niggle is the preset navigation. If I could find a way to delete presets, it does skip empty ones but should be play to + one preset and back button to - one instead of forward only with play and back button bringing up the whole list. The only other real niggle is screen needs to be alive to register presses so you have to press pause twice to pause. First to awaken the screen then to register Play or Pause. Good part is the volume wheel or or any button will wake the screen up. Not as many issues as I thought and no bugs in the firmware so far.

So far quite good. If you are in the market for a clip player at least I can shed some light on the JNN M9(or some other names it is branded with) and say it seems worth buying. Haven't seen the battery life yet or tested the splash proof nature it is supposed to have but it does everything it should so far and pretty well.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #38,395 of 103,551
This forum forced me to spend money, moreeeee money.

3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #38,396 of 103,551
Oct 16, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #38,397 of 103,551
Has this been discussed yet? I know folks were talking about some IEMs on aliexpress with planar drivers, but this just popped up on Penon...

https://penonaudio.com/toneking-bl1.html
Yeah, that one is interesting. I was contemplating on getting the not-to-be-spoken-of one on 11.11 to see whether it has potential or is just a novelty but I guess we'll be seeing more and more planar iems in the near future. Maybe even some complex hybrids as it seems that the planar iem's bass may be lackluster for most people.

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #38,398 of 103,551
Hey man, quick question for you. Are you going to do a full review on the Toneking T88k? I have them and saw you do as well. I'm really curious as to your thoughts on them.

I like em. More than the U8 from 64audio 2 years back but busy with other stuff atm

Yeah, that one is interesting. I was contemplating on getting the not-to-be-spoken-of one on 11.11 to see whether it has potential or is just a novelty but I guess we'll be seeing more and more planar iems in the near future. Maybe even some complex hybrids as it seems that the planar iem's bass may be lackluster for most people.

If that is the MT 100 you are not talking about they are wack. I wanted those and was hoping for good things but pretty much a sonic disaster. Like a paper cup is on your ear and the music is outside that cup.

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #38,399 of 103,551
If that is the MT 100 you are not talking about they are wack. I wanted those and was hoping for good things but pretty much a sonic disaster. Like a paper cup is on your ear and the music is outside that cup.
Well, maybe I have to check them out myself. ClieOS said he likes them and would place them between Sony XBA-300AP and XBA-A3 in sound and that his only complaint is the treble being too smooth for his liking. The taobao reviews are also very positive. To be honest I'm just interested in the innovations in the hobby. The only iems I am really interested in are the upcoming new vsonics and the new sony ier-z1r (a while ago I decided to put a limit of 600 bucks on a single audio product, but the hype is getting to me)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back