The discovery thread!
Oct 14, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #38,371 of 104,364
Sennheiser's latest IEM: IE 40 Pro reviewed here
Check it out!
very good review, I have been looking for one! Thanks for the in depth comparisons. The only IEM I own in your list is the ATH IE40 and I am not much of a fan of it to honest. But part of my dislike is the fit and comfort so the IE 40 Pro is likely to overcome that concern. But I generally prefer a more bass oriented signature as well so I will think about whether to try them or not. But I do also own the HE400i which is not a bass heavy headphone and I enjoy them as well so who knows...

How are they from a 3D presentation quality?

Oct 14, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #38,372 of 104,364
very good review, I have been looking for one! Thanks for the in depth comparisons. The only IEM I own in your list is the ATH IE40 and I am not much of a fan of it to honest. But part of my dislike is the fit and comfort so the IE 40 Pro is likely to overcome that concern. But I generally prefer a more bass oriented signature as well so I will think about whether to try them or not. But I do also own the HE400i which is not a bass heavy headphone and I enjoy them as well so who knows...

How are they from a 3D presentation quality?

The bass quantity is greater than neutral, and these can surely satisfy you on that front (seeing that you can already appreciate HE400i). Wearing comfort is second to none.
I wouldn't say they give a very 3-D presentation. They have nice width, with a little bit of height, and are directed towards monitoring and performing. So, 3-D presentation isn't what they really went for.

Oct 14, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #38,373 of 104,364
Awesome thanks for the reply. I am tempted to try them anyway. But may hold off as I really like that 3D presentation. But I used to own the Sony MDR-7550 and it was not very 3D like and very monitoresque and I loved that IEM.

The good news is these are not overly expensive so may be worth taking a shot on them. I do wish they had a microphone though.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #38,374 of 104,364
I might also suggest the Fender Puresonic wired, dweaver. Does have a mic and is better than the E40 except for the case :) and fixed cable. Fender Nine is essentially the same w/o waterproof rating and mic but is detachable 2-pin. But fit, comfort, sound, cable, and looks the Fender was the winner for me.

Oct 14, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #38,375 of 104,364
Thanks Jant, I have thought about trying those a few times as well. Looking at Amazon Canada I have a few choices. Which is the one you own?

https://www.amazon.ca/Fender-PureSo...d=1539548343&sr=8-1&keywords=fender+puresonic
https://www.amazon.ca/Fender-681000...d=1539548443&sr=8-3&keywords=fender+puresonic
https://www.amazon.ca/Fender-Pureso...d=1539548470&sr=8-4&keywords=fender+puresonic

The last one is the BT model so probably not the right one. But the other 2 might just be different colors. Do you know if the volume controls work on an android device?

Oct 14, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #38,376 of 104,364
Yep, just the black and Olympic pearl colors of the same thing. AFAIK, they are listed as Android compatible and the guide shows the controls doing volume with outer buttons and answer/hang up and play/pause with the center button. Have not tried it out on an Android device myself.

Oct 14, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #38,377 of 104,364
So this cable was not supposed to get to me till this Thursday. Surprise surprise this cable is the first to get to me from recent sales.

All I can say is any of you guys doubt what cables can do for earphones. Get yourself a set of these cables. The bad news was the connectors while quality was a bit too thin for my Z5. But was perfect for any other earphones I had with mmcx. First earphone I tried them on was my SD7 plus. OH MAN! SD7 plus sounds like a completely different earphone. Much higher end sounding so dimensional and spacious. I was slack jawed. This cable is the best $62 I have ever spent on any cable to date. From what I know about pure silver is they need a good 200 hours of burn in before they sound their best. This is from an Engineer friend that works for Space X. Lol. I am quite floored just how good the SD7 plus sounds with this cable. Just amazing.

Gonna have to thank Kova for finding this one. Good find my friend. These cables are the bomb diggity!!!
HTB1oDSXgKGSBuNjSspbq6AiipXaB.jpg

The cables themselves have a soft silicone like coating on them. Very high quality. It is a 4 core but each core is very thick and consists of thinner strands of silver. It does have a bend at the connector but not stiff. Extreme quality and custom like build of this cable. Now that I have them in hand these are worth every penny they are asking for them but at recent sale price I got them for. Unbelievable.
Could you please link where you got these cables from.
Thank you

Oct 14, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #38,378 of 104,364
Anyone has a recommendation regarding Comply foam tip sizes for the BGVP-DMG?
I have T-400 that get stuck in my ear when removing the IEM's but they are really old and loose. I've measured the tube at ~5mm. Even the chinese aliexpress foamies with a 4.7mm tube get pulled off.

Does anyone know if T-300 fit the nozzle?

I have the Comply T-200 Large and they fit my ear canal perfectly on the DMG. The seal & comfort is perfect .. Wore them on a 5hr + 15hr flight to Taiwan recently .. no fatigue .. just pure comfort.

Oct 15, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #38,380 of 104,364
Oct 15, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #38,381 of 104,364
Nice. You need to review the RHA CL2. It's an s class iem. Just Incredible. .
Also BGVP DM6. According to hawaii bad boy on YouTube, its the best iem to come out of China, and is better than most audio 64 and empire ears iems.
expect different rankings and taste. HBB has his list and crinacle has his. I do, however, hope the dm6 gets a high rank as HBB has made me start saving up for it :wink:

Oct 15, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #38,382 of 104,364
expect different rankings and taste. HBB has his list and crinacle has his. I do, however, hope the dm6 gets a high rank as HBB has made me start saving up for it :wink:
Just ordered it. Gonna get a pure silver balanced cable for it, almost as much as the DM6 costs. :)
Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Oct 15, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #38,384 of 104,364
please give impressions when you can!! this thread has much to say about the DMG and I'm craving to hear about the dm6 :3
I will. As soon as it comes in, should be sometime later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back