The discovery thread!
Aug 10, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #37,276 of 100,716
Just because I care. DEAL ALERT!!! Yes my friends cus I care how you hear your iems. I just bought one of these cables and your eyes are not deceiving you. I just paid a measly $53 for this pure silver cable in balanced. This is the exact same Lunashops cable that cost $73 and elsewhere on aliexpress. But just for you I give you

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MMC...065.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2dd74c4dwXz8D9

HTB1cHp1AuuSBuNjSsplq6ze8pXaa.jpg

Has to be the cheapest pure silver cable in any termination you want for almost a $50 spot. Seriously where you gonna get a pure silver cable for this price?? DEAL!

tenor.gif
Thank you thank you very much!

Aug 10, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #37,277 of 100,716
A bit of an update. The DD store on Aliexpress that had the DMG for $189 yesterday must be reading our thread here. It is now at a more reasonable $139. I have a feeling Penon will have these at $129 or even cheaper. Can't wait to try these out. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BGV...6caf2e3&transAbTest=ae803_2&priceBeautifyAB=0

I am gonna call it here first. These might give the Fiio FH5 some very stiff competition at less than half the cost... Early hype!!!:ksc75smile:
Here we go again.

127776.a7.87de1S7ayMDICAA-650x650-b-p.jpg

Aug 10, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #37,278 of 100,716
Lol. I was listening to my old DM5s last night and it got me hyped to try these DMGs. If it is an upgrade on the sonics of the DM5 at double the cost. I am down for a pair. Look forward to hearing them.

One thing for certain. Love me some graphene bass. Was listening to my IT04 this morning. That bass is just so much on point. Great choice on the dynamic drivers on the DMG. If the rest of the sound falls into place. It should be a good one.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #37,282 of 100,716
Just because I care. DEAL ALERT!!! Yes my friends cus I care how you hear your iems. I just bought one of these cables and your eyes are not deceiving you. I just paid a measly $53 for this pure silver cable in balanced. This is the exact same Lunashops cable that cost $73 and elsewhere on aliexpress. But just for you I give you

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MMC...065.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2dd74c4dwXz8D9

HTB1cHp1AuuSBuNjSsplq6ze8pXaa.jpg

Has to be the cheapest pure silver cable in any termination you want for almost a $50 spot. Seriously where you gonna get a pure silver cable for this price?? DEAL!

tenor.gif
Thank you thank you very much!
Oooo, this looks nice. I’ve been considering getting a nice pure silver cable for a couple days now. There’s another pure silver cable that’s around $68 that I’d want to compare with, but unfortunately I’m not allowed to link it here. I just wish these came in a nice silver color; they’ll at least create a good Batman theme with my Campfire Orion though :wink:

Aug 10, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #37,283 of 100,716
I was close to getting one of those brown cables too but. I am thinking this golden one is a better deal. Both should be similar in sonic qualities. I say go with a cheaper one. And I know there is an 8 core variant to the brown silver cable @ $112 or so. This is just my opinion but I don't think more cores are gonna get you more sound. It certainly looks nicer but I am gonna highly doubt it will sound any different than the 4 core at half the price. Save the money towards a better IEM instead.

Aug 10, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #37,284 of 100,716
:speaking_head: Yellow :cough:

Aug 10, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #37,285 of 100,716
I suppose the only real advantage of the brown cable is that they don't seem to have an ear guides on the connector. If that is worth the extra $10 for the brown. Either way is a good deal. Silver cables less than a $100 are all good deals imo.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #37,286 of 100,716
What exactly is the benefit of a pure silver cable anyways? I haven’t found much information about this, aside from people yelling “snake oil.” Right now, I have the silver plated cable that came with my HK6 and it drastically changed the sound signature of my Tin T2 and Orion (in good and bad ways).

Aug 10, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #37,287 of 100,716
A bit of an update. The DD store on Aliexpress that had the DMG for $189 yesterday must be reading our thread here. It is now at a more reasonable $139. I have a feeling Penon will have these at $129 or even cheaper. Can't wait to try these out. I am gonna call it here first. These might give the Fiio FH5 some very stiff competition at less than half the cost... Early hype!!!:ksc75smile:

Certainly hope so. Mine doesn't ship until September, however. Good thing I don't have the time to spend on playing with these things until late September anyway.

Haven't heard the FH5 but from measurements, the DMG should be brighter sounding, with more mid-high presence, resulting in more prominent vocals. I worry that it'll be sibilant, but hopefully it won't be the case. Perhaps most worryingly, all we've seen are renders of the final shell, but we can't tell how those exchangeable filters fit onto the nozzle, and how the drivers merge into the output.

Aug 10, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #37,288 of 100,716
What exactly is the benefit of a pure silver cable anyways? I haven’t found much information about this, aside from people yelling “snake oil.” Right now, I have the silver plated cable that came with my HK6 and it drastically changed the sound signature of my Tin T2 and Orion (in good and bad ways).

I have 2 silver cables and can't get into exactly why silver sounds so good with every earphone they are connected to but out of all my cables both of these cables brings a higher sound to whatever earphone they are connected to. Every single one. Silver must be doing something. Better dynamics, in the case of my FH5 better more textured bass, cleaner sound. Sometimes even better perception of stage. I can go right back to stock cable the earphones came with and can tell every time that it was the stock cable vs my silver.

Have an engineering friend who makes silver cables and he mods his headphones with silver innards and makes his own silver cables. Guy swears by silver. Silver for the win. Highly recommend guys give silver a try. It will surprise you. Whatever you liked about a particular earphone silver just enhances it. Is the best way to describe the effects of silver.

Aug 10, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #37,289 of 100,716
I have 2 silver cables and can't get into exactly why silver sounds so good with every earphone they are connected to but out of all my cables both of these cables brings a higher sound to whatever earphone they are connected to. Every single one. Silver must be doing something. Better dynamics, in the case of my FH5 better more textured bass, cleaner sound. Sometimes even better perception of stage. I can go right back to stock cable the earphones came with and can tell every time that it was the stock cable vs my silver.

Have an engineering friend who makes silver cables and he mods his headphones with silver innards and makes his own silver cables. Guy swears by silver. Silver for the win. Highly recommend guys give silver a try. It will surprise you. Whatever you liked about a particular earphone silver just enhances it. Is the best way to describe the effects of silver.
silver is a little more conductive than copper, which means electrons should flow more efficiently; however silver is costlier and more prone to oxidation which might negate the advantages. the different cables may also have different impedances, which also affects sound. whether the foregoing means that silver cable will sound "better" or merely different is, of course, somewhat subjective.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #37,290 of 100,716
A bit of an update. The DD store on Aliexpress that had the DMG for $189 yesterday must be reading our thread here. It is now at a more reasonable $139. I have a feeling Penon will have these at $129 or even cheaper. Can't wait to try these out. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BGV...6caf2e3&transAbTest=ae803_2&priceBeautifyAB=0

I am gonna call it here first. These might give the Fiio FH5 some very stiff competition at less than half the cost... Early hype!!!:ksc75smile:
I just ordered the DMG for 139.00. They look very interesting for that kind of money. They will be my first BGVP product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back