The discovery thread!
Apr 11, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #35,327 of 106,577
Apr 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #35,328 of 106,577
Apr 11, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #35,329 of 106,577
@dweaver Penonaudio just got these Fiio Bluetooth cables. Looks really nice. The difference in this cable from the one I posted last night is clearly the battery life. This cable gives a respectable 10 hours. vs the 4 or so of the one I posted last night. https://penonaudio.com/fiio-rc-bt.html

Thanks DS, I will check those out. This also looks very interesting because it supports Aptx-hd which my LG V20 happens to have.

https://www.bluewaveaudio.ca/produc...mplifier-bluetooth-headphones/?v=3e8d115eb4b3

Apr 11, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #35,330 of 106,577
I'm not sure if that would address the issues that atomicgarden was speaking of, but that is interesting nonetheless!

I don't have those problems at all but It may come down to how you use devices and the gear and how it pairs. I have Sony BT and flawless performance. NFC can help since you what you put together will pair so you won't have things connecting to something else. Headphones can connect to different things at the same time w/o issue if they are multipoint. Right hardware no issues. W1 isn't the only route to flawless execution like Apple always tries to make you think :)

Apr 11, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #35,331 of 106,577
I like BAs in 3s. One of my favorites being XBA-3, IM03, I have had some single BA earphones and double but something always lacking with a single or double. More complete sound with 3 BAs IMO but with 6 doubling that number I do hope my money I just spend was for good reason.

It is not often I just buy out of the blue but something about these earphones and the HQ6 both intrigue me to the point I had to try em. Will see which one ends up on top.

When I began buying earphones & earbuds, in 2016, one of the first I bought from NiceHCK, because of its small size, was the Remax RM-600M.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-Armature-Headphone-DIY-HIFI/32576534823.html
The RM-600M is no longer available from them, but it is on Amazon, and BangGood.
It's apparently a dual Balanced Armature model, which has surprisingly good Bass, for such a tiny housing - even with large tips on them, they fit in my ears far enough that they're comfortable for sleeping.

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #35,332 of 106,577
@Dsnuts You posted a link for a cable a few pages back and i cant find it for the life of me. Could you please share it with me when you have time. Thanks

Apr 11, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #35,333 of 106,577
New Qualcomm 5100 chip stuff is coming pretty soon.
https://www.qualcomm.com/news/relea...kthrough-low-power-bluetooth-audio-soc-series
This is what I want on everything :)

From reading the Press Release, it appears that the Bluetooth QCC5100 SoC is a Receiver - since they say, "...designed to help manufacturers develop a new generation of compact, feature-rich, wireless earbuds, hearables and headsets."
The companies that make the small DAPs (Cayin, Fiio, Shanling, etc), probably won't be incorporating this chip, unless it can also Transmit... :wink:

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #35,335 of 106,577
Apr 12, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #35,336 of 106,577

Do you have comfort or annoyance issues with the 'control' pieces being offset from one another? In my experience, I much prefer the BT cables that have the dual control pieces symmetrical. When they're offset, they just seem to lay in an odd fashion, and can even loosen the seal on 1 of the sides when they don't have memory wires (which the cable you posted does have memory wires).

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #35,337 of 106,577
It's been 11 days since Ali sale.

T2 is shipped but not picked up.
Initially, seller said that usually they will ship but info is very slow to update * lie *
Upon pressing further after 10 days, they said they do not have stock

I'm considering to cancel my order and won't be buying from NICEHCK no more.

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #35,338 of 106,577

Initially, seller said that usually they will ship but info is very slow to update * lie *

I've seen posts here about T2, apparently they are struggling to manufacture them and the issue is not related to NiceHCK (Outside of the fact that they are selling them in a pre-order mode essentially)

Apr 12, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #35,339 of 106,577
Thanks Peter I was looking at that cable as well. As much as I like the Bluewave device it appears to have some issues that concern me regarding potential hiss and possible issues with accidental volume changes so I think I am going to just go Aptx for now and try one of these cables.

Apr 12, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #35,340 of 106,577

You aren't the only one with shipping issues. My HK6 I odered on sale day is in shipping limbo. According to my tracker it is in an air plane over some Ocean somewhere and has not landed anywhere in the US apparently for over a week. Unless the carrier air plane plunged into the Ocean I have no idea what is happening with my earphones.

The only real struggle with getting stuff from Aliexpress is in deed their shipping. Never realized how good we have it with Amazon here in the US untill you deal with shipping from Aliexpress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back