The discovery thread!
Apr 9, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #35,296 of 106,565
You're lucky. It seems that I won't receive anything this week, so still no SD7 Plus and new cables for me. Glad you like the cable - maybe I should have both two, but I'm sure the other cable I ordered will be great too.

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #35,298 of 106,565
Ya this is one of those items that is actually worth what they are charging for them on the Wood Breezy. They go for $89. I recently bought a hybrid silver copper cable at Lunashops for $100 to use on my Z5. I am happy with that cable as it is one of the few aftermarket cables I can use without spending so much.

These silver cables are not only a bit cheaper but I only wish I can use them on my Sony Z5. All my previous cables give slight changes to the sonic character of my earphones but these cables out of the box made my SD7 plus, an earphone I know very well, jump into a different category in sound.

Keep tabs on this particular cable and wait for the next sale. Or if you feel you have the need for a sonic upgrade to any earphone with mmcx. I give them a whole hearty Recommend!

A boutique cable company selling something of this quality will cost you easily double if not triple what they go for.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #35,300 of 106,565
Ya all connector types actually. Never heard the SD7 plus sound this nice. Those BAs in that earphone sound like much higher end BAs. Lol. It sounds spectacular actually.

I knew the more silver content on the SD7 plus makes them sound better but these cables make them throw out the detail all over your hearing senses. It is very enjoyable and an excellent match for them.

It is strange that I got this cable so quick. My HK6 shipped almost immediately when I bought them from NiceHCK. I believe a day or two before Woo shipped my silver cable but it got to me the fastest out of everything I ordered. I hope the rest of the stuff I ordered get to me in a similar fashion. Fingers crossed.

Apr 10, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #35,301 of 106,565
…From what I know about pure silver is they need a good 200 hours of burn in before they sound their best.…
I can understand burn-in for IEMs themselves since there's a mechanical movement involved and that it could be possible that some initial repeated movements could effect future movement. But on the cable? Does the wire need time to learn how to conduct electricity? I have no idea what having a cable conducting for a minute instead of 12000 minutes could possibly effect.

Apr 10, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #35,303 of 106,565
Nice, now SD7+ looks more beautiful and premium ,
this cable have the memory wire portions or not,???
I will agree that those are really purdy lookin'

And considering I've chosen to either make or not make purchases because of how something looked it does make them more desirable to me. Just wish I could afford them. Ever since the first comments about them they've caught my interest and the subsequent ones just add to the frustration. Perhaps it'll be an impetus to get me to go through the dozens of inexpensive IEMs I've purchased in the last 6 months and compare them, keep a few of the nicest and sell the rest to get money towards a SD7+ purchase

Apr 10, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #35,304 of 106,565
OK, been using this MP-220 for a couple days now and I REALLY like the sound signature of this dual dynamic. It is very well tuned. The bass is big without coming across as overblown (initially it was bit over blown but it has been settling down as it gets burned in), the midrange has just a hint od edge to that works well with my music preferences giving singers like Patricia Barber just a hint of sibilance which exists in her recording without being so sharp as to uncomfortable, likewise violins and guitars can have a similar edge to them, treble has vibrancy without crossing into being shrill and fatiguing. Sound stage is huge with excellent left to right planning and very good depth as well. It not quite Z5 big and 3D like but it's closer than anything I have tried recently.

Negatives are comfort (the shell presses on my war at points), cable is sturdy (too sturdy and thick) so would be great for stage workers but not as good for a normal consumer listener. The good news is it is MMCX so works with other cables. I am currently using my B400 cable and it has resolved some of my comfort issues for example. I am going to buy the brainwavz android cable for it next and possibly the MEE Btx1 unless someone knows a better Aptx BT cable option (neck designs are fine too).

Anyone who has a chance to try the 220 might want to give it a whirl. The 240 also looks good for Knowles lovers...

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #35,305 of 106,565
I can understand burn-in for IEMs themselves since there's a mechanical movement involved and that it could be possible that some initial repeated movements could effect future movement. But on the cable? Does the wire need time to learn how to conduct electricity? I have no idea what having a cable conducting for a minute instead of 12000 minutes could possibly effect.

As crazy as it sounds. I have 3 other all siver cables I use on my various gears. Two of them I bought from a friend I met through headfi. Guy is a Engineer by trade, beleive me the guy knows his stuff and makes his own cables. Never seen a headphone he leaves stock. Guy takes apart a headphone and resolders everything with silver and then reterminates them with a balanced connector so he can listen to them all in balanced and silver is always his choice for cables. Guy sold me an 8 core braided 4 ft long silver cable to use with my headphones and he specifically told me to burn the cable in for 200 hours.

If you frequent high end cable thread you will see posts of guys that mention new cables need to be burned in up towards of 200 hours to really show what the cable can do.. Through my own experience this seems to be the case. I can't speak for your garden variety cables but for silver at least. They do change in tonality and sound expansion once they get the long burn in time. I remember my DT1990 pros I bought a Lavara cables all silver cable used. Guy never used the cable so it was new. On first listen the DT1990 pro sounded extra spacious that using stock cable but was a bit bright sounding. After letting the cable run in for almost a month the sound became much more natural and with exacting detial one would expect from silver. So it has some validity to the burn in.

I think most guys would be happy just listening to a new silver cable and calling it a day and eventaully you will get to optimum SQ. So many ways to do the burn in. Cables not needing any type of colored sound or higher volumes. Just listening to headphone using them does the job.

Nice, now SD7+ looks more beautiful and premium ,
this cable have the memory wire portions or not,???

Yes it does. Has an extra clear sheath on the connector portion.

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #35,306 of 106,565
@Dsnuts is the bgvp dm5 better then bgvp ds1 tn version just curious ? I am interested in this iem

So I took out my DM5 and DS1 and compared the two. The DM5 is a better sounding earphone to my ears. Sounds more higher end. Better micro details. Better bass. Mids actually sounds cleaner over the DS1. DS1 sounds murky listening to them right after the DM5. and this is using an upgraded cable on the DS1.

IMO the DM5 is the best BGVP earphone. DS1 has a unique mid forward signature but clarity and definition is lacking. DM5 has no issues with clarity or detailing. I am surprised that the Chinese thread is plastered with praise for the DS1 yet the older DM5 is a better earphone to my ears. I can see how mid forward guys might like the DS1 but to my ears it doesn't do a single thing better over the DM5. I can see this mid forward signture working much better for an actual open head can but for in ears ends up sounding just OK especially when lacking clarity and detail. Nothing like the praise I have seen for them to be honest.

Not to mention the DM5 sounds great in single end or balanced. Not so much for the DS1. In balanced it sounds too mid forward doesn't sound balanced at all in balanced mode Only works on single ended. To my ears the DS1 sounds like an experimental earphone and not something that is polished from a tuning aspect. Almost like a Beta version of the DS1 which might have been the reason why there is a newer retuned version of the DS1.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #35,307 of 106,565
So I took out my DM5 and DS1 and compared the two. The DM5 is a better sounding earphone to my ears. Sounds more higher end. Better micro details. Better bass. Mids actually sounds cleaner over the DS1. DS1 sounds murky listening to them right after the DM5. and this is using an upgraded cable on the DS1.

IMO the DM5 is the best BGVP earphone. DS1 has a unique mid forward signature but clarity and definition is lacking. DM5 has no issues with clarity or detailing. I am surprised that the Chinese thread is plastered with praise for the DS1 yet the older DM5 is a better earphone to my ears. I can see how mid forward guys might like the DS1 but to my ears it doesn't do a single thing better over the DM5. I can see this mid forward signture working much better for an actual open head can but for in ears ends up sounding just OK especially when lacking clarity and detail. Nothing like the praise I have seen for them to be honest.

Not to mention the DM5 sounds great in single end or balanced. Not so much for the DS1. In balanced it sounds too mid forward doesn't sound balanced at all in balanced mode Only works on single ended.

Some commented that the dm5 might be too fun/ bass overload. Is it so? What genre will this iem work?

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #35,308 of 106,565
For one the DM5 is one of those earphones that need some TLC before they shine. Out of the box none of the cables or tips are actually optimized for the sound tuning on the DM5. So the only catch with the DM5 is they did their RnD for the actual materials of the earphones being a 4 driver IEM 2 BAs and 2 grapahene dynamics in a metal housing and threw in the cheapest accessories possible around the earphones. ( SD7s are guilty of this as well.)

They need a very long burn in cycle for the drivers to mesh. They need a better quality copper cable or SPC depending on your taste of more natural tonality, Copper or for a more slightly brighter tone with added detail SPC. They have a V shaped sound but more due to the bass and the treble being emphasized more than the mids being recessed. the mids are actually done well. In fact in head to head comparison to the DS1 just now. The mids actually is not only cleaner but more articulate between the two. I can most certainly pick out details better on the DM5. It is suprising but I can listen to any genre on the DM5. Sure it has bass emphasis more sub bass than mid bass. So bass genres are it's strong suit but something like acoustic and vocals don't sound lacking at all.

I remember once I got my SD7s I was thinking of selling off my DM5. Every time I hear them. They hold their own. In fact I have grown to love the sound of the DM5 to the point they are a permanent part of my iem line up. Was the sole reason why I tried the DS1. DS1 is not on the same level of sonics as the DM5 imo.

About the bass. Only shows it's grunt when it is in the tune. Never comes out when it is not. Proably my favorite aspect of the DM5.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #35,309 of 106,565
As crazy as it sounds. I have 3 other all siver cables I use on my various gears. Two of them I bought from a friend I met through headfi. Guy is a Engineer by trade, beleive me the guy knows his stuff and makes his own cables. Never seen a headphone he leaves stock. Guy takes apart a headphone and resolders everything with silver and then reterminates them with a balanced connector so he can listen to them all in balanced and silver is always his choice for cables. Guy sold me an 8 core braided 4 ft long silver cable to use with my headphones and he specifically told me to burn the cable in for 200 hours.

If you frequent high end cable thread you will see posts of guys that mention new cables need to be burned in up towards of 200 hours to really show what the cable can do.. Through my own experience this seems to be the case. I can't speak for your garden variety cables but for silver at least. They do change in tonality and sound expansion once they get the long burn in time. I remember my DT1990 pros I bought a Lavara cables all silver cable used. Guy never used the cable so it was new. On first listen the DT1990 pro sounded extra spacious that using stock cable but was a bit bright sounding. After letting the cable run in for almost a month the sound became much more natural and with exacting detial one would expect from silver. So it has some validity to the burn in.

I think most guys would be happy just listening to a new silver cable and calling it a day and eventaully you will get to optimum SQ. So many ways to do the burn in. Cables not needing any type of colored sound or higher volumes. Just listening to headphone using them does the job.

Yes it does. Has an extra clear sheath on the connector portion.
So how now the SD7plus with silver cable hold his position against the LZ-A5 specially in soundstage depth/height and layering/separation of instruments .

2nd :- that clear sheath can be removable or not

Apr 10, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #35,310 of 106,565
That is a good question. I think I will wait till I get the new filters for the A5 and let my silver cable burn in a bit before doing any A/B testing. Also should get my NiceHCK HK6 in soon.

Will let you know. The Sheath can be removed but would hate to cut the coating that covers the silver. Can be done however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back