The discovery thread!
Apr 7, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #35,281 of 106,565
Spur of the moment, I decided to order a set of the Final Audio E2000 when they showed up in my recommended list, on sale on Amazon. How are these not more popular? Elegant, simple design. Delicate sound with a very mild treble and sub-bass lift. Solid sound stage. Picks up fine details with ease. Very natural presentation. They're also tiny, comfortable and have a nice cable. They're fantastic!

Not more popular cause people are waiting for the E4000/5000 :L3000:

Oh and cause for some reason people seem more interested in Chi-Fi than Japan-Fi even though Chi-fi is only getting even overall with Japan-Fi and many things in Japan-Fi are from China anyway. If I had to let one go; my Japan-Fi Elecom CB1000 or Chi-Fi B400 it would be the B400. Long live Japan-fi :grinning:

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #35,282 of 106,565
Not more popular cause people are waiting for the E4000/5000 :L3000:

Oh and cause for some reason people seem more interested in Chi-Fi than Japan-Fi even though Chi-fi is only getting even overall with Japan-Fi and many things in Japan-Fi are from China anyway. If I had to let one go; my Japan-Fi Elecom CB1000 or Chi-Fi B400 it would be the B400. Long live Japan-fi :)

Oooo...eyes will be open for those new E-series models. I could never give up my B400 though. Love it too much. I only wish it used nicer materials for the construction.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #35,283 of 106,565
E5000 and E4000. E5000 looks pretty hot with the stainless and that cable.
monospace_final_audio_e5000_e4000-jpg.12178

These are gonna be popular. MMCX and even better ability should seal the deal!

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #35,285 of 106,565
I might take that back. If the E5000 are indeed priced at 30,000 Yen that will keep some away unless they are so amazing to lure people away from the Chi-Fi LZ-A5's and the JVC FD's and other stuff in the $250 to $300 range. $149 and the E5000 is a hit no doubt. Almost double that has something to prove after the last $279 Final(the F4100).

I thought perhaps they would go on my list vs. the ADV GT3 both coming in May but the GT3 seems the better deal.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #35,286 of 106,565
A bit of an update on the recent Ali sales purchases. It looks like I will get the HK6 in first. I am hoping toward end of this week. I am seeing more 5 star reviews left for the earphones even now than when I first bought them. It seems to be unanimous with the buyers for the earphone. So I am definitely looking forward to spending some quality listening time with them. The HQ6 is interesting. There was zero reviews left on the item when I bought them. It seems people are getting their HQ6 but not as unanimous as the HK6 in reviews. That is Wood easy for you. Leave a negative response and they just edit it. lol.

In other news I took the BGVP DS1 out of the burner. Listened to them for about 2 tunes and put them back on the burn in. Don't know about them. Kinda so so on how I feel about them. They are a good mid centric iem but not the best resolution thus far.
I find myself thinking they would make great earphones for pod casts and audio books. Tried a new cable on them too and they sound terrible in balanced mode.

In fact something interesting that I found since I have been using more and more in balanced mode lately. Mid forward signatures kinda sucks in balanced. My SD7 plus sounds good in balanced but sounds better single ended. DS1s sound wonky in balanced. Again much better in single end.

Apr 9, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #35,288 of 106,565
Different signature. More bass pronounced but has surprisingly clean mid range and not recessed. I offered my DS1 for sale on the Chinese Iem thread. Not so much my DM5.

DM5 does need a good long burn in and requires an upgraded cable and tips but they are worth doing this with as the sound signature is more on the fun side of things. But upgraded cable and tip and your hovering around the IT01 range in price. They are a different take on the IT01 sound signature. I still enjoy em. You should just go for the IT01 to be honest with you. Not all that much more in price but I feel the IT01 is a nice upgrade even from the DM5.

At this point I still feel the DM5 is the best earphone BGVP has made thus far. The DS1. I am still kinda figuring out. The tonality is a bit off on them imo.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #35,290 of 106,565
If you only have $55ish to spend then by all means go for em. They are an interesting earphone and one I feel that are worth getting. They sound excellent in balanced too. But if you can scratch out a bit more for the IT01. I still say they are about the best your gonna get for the money.

Apr 9, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #35,291 of 106,565
I love MEE products and I agree with everything you said

but for bluetooth with an iPhone its impossible to go back to normal BT after having used beats or apple sets with the W1 chip,
I don't love the sound of the beats, but normal BT is an insufferable mess compared to apples w1 implementation

Just curious: what do you mean by "normal BT is an insufferable mess"?

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #35,292 of 106,565
So this cable was not supposed to get to me till this Thursday. Surprise surprise this cable is the first to get to me from recent sales.

All I can say is any of you guys doubt what cables can do for earphones. Get yourself a set of these cables. The bad news was the connectors while quality was a bit too thin for my Z5. But was perfect for any other earphones I had with mmcx. First earphone I tried them on was my SD7 plus. OH MAN! SD7 plus sounds like a completely different earphone. Much higher end sounding so dimensional and spacious. I was slack jawed. This cable is the best $62 I have ever spent on any cable to date. From what I know about pure silver is they need a good 200 hours of burn in before they sound their best. This is from an Engineer friend that works for Space X. Lol. I am quite floored just how good the SD7 plus sounds with this cable. Just amazing.

Gonna have to thank Kova for finding this one. Good find my friend. These cables are the bomb diggity!!!
HTB1oDSXgKGSBuNjSspbq6AiipXaB.jpg

The cables themselves have a soft silicone like coating on them. Very high quality. It is a 4 core but each core is very thick and consists of thinner strands of silver. It does have a bend at the connector but not stiff. Extreme quality and custom like build of this cable. Now that I have them in hand these are worth every penny they are asking for them but at recent sale price I got them for. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #35,293 of 106,565
So this cable was not supposed to get to me till this Thursday. Surprise surprise this cable is the first to get to me from recent sales.

All I can say is any of you guys doubt what cables can do for earphones. Get yourself a set of these cables. The bad news was the connectors while quality was a bit too thin for my Z5. But was perfect for any other earphones I had with mmcx. First earphone I tried them on was my SD7 plus. OH MAN! SD7 plus sounds like a completely different earphone. Much higher end sounding so dimensional and spacious. I was slack jawed. This cable is the best $62 I have ever spent on any cable to date. From what I know about pure silver is they need a good 200 hours of burn in before they sound their best. This is from an Engineer friend that works for Space X. Lol. I am quite floored just how good the SD7 plus sounds with this cable. Just amazing.

Gonna have to thank Kova for finding this one. Good find my friend. These cables are the bomb diggity!!!
HTB1oDSXgKGSBuNjSspbq6AiipXaB.jpg

The cables themselves have a soft silicone like coating on them. Very high quality. It is a 4 core but each core is very thick and consists of thinner strands of silver. It does have a bend at the connector but not stiff. Extreme quality and custom like build of this cable. Now that I have them in hand these are worth every penny they are asking for them but at recent sale price I got them for. Unbelievable.
When you get them please post some pics, i also want to know how supple are they. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back