The discovery thread!
Apr 12, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #35,341 of 106,577
You aren't the only one with shipping issues. My HK6 I odered on sale day is in shipping limbo. According to my tracker it is in an air plane over some Ocean somewhere and has not landed anywhere in the US apparently for over a week. Unless the carrier air plane plunged into the Ocean I have no idea what is happening with my earphones.

The only real struggle with getting stuff from Aliexpress is in deed their shipping. Never realized how good we have it with Amazon here in the US untill you deal with shipping from Aliexpress.

Well, the AE delays are a given, so when you add a big sale on top and things can get bad. For instance, the cables I ordered before you apparently were dispatched only yesterday. And AE has been using Singpost for some time - don't know what happened with it. I have so much fond memories of Singpost and receiving stuff I ordered from LMUE in 4-5 days, but nowadays one's being taught on daily basis that patience is a virtue - there has to be some sort of agenda behind this shipping times trying to compete against the shipping 100 years ago.

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #35,342 of 106,577
Just been chatting with our buddy Danny Bai. He got it worst than all of us. Bought 3 cables from Aliexpress and there hasen't been a shipping update for over a month. Unreal. To claim your money back you have to wait something like 2 months. Lol.

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #35,343 of 106,577
He should have patience. I'm complaining now, but I haven't been impatient to receive a package in quite some time and on several occasions I had to wait more than 2 months to receive a package. So far I've received all of them eventually, but of course such delays are ridiculous in this day and age. I have a lot of gear and a ton of work to keep me occupied but I imagine what it is if you're just getting into this game and you just spent most of your money on something you might have to wait months to receive. Personally, I am fully aware of the time I might have to wait and I still do it for some reason - even now when I can afford any shipping and taxes, I'm still super cheap

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #35,344 of 106,577
So apparently there is a newer addition to the SD7 hybrid. A newer black model.

HTB1Iuz1b5CYBuNkHFCcq6AHtVXa5.jpg

These are still available as well.

HTB1c3PlSFXXXXXmXXXXq6xXFXXXG.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #35,345 of 106,577
Yeah, I posted about it in the chi-fi thread, interestingly enough a week or so ago more AE seller had this as an option and now there's only one. Honestly, given my experience with hybrids I don't know at what time I'll make another step to try a cheap hybrid. And if I seem more chatty than usual that's because I haven't slept in 40 hours and am currently enjoying a bottle of billeit rye, which gets a seal of approval.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #35,346 of 106,577
I have the white SD7 hybrids in my ears as I type. Man I enjoy these. To be honest the real reason why my renewed interest in Chi fi is because of these earphones. For guys that have not followed this thread. I kinda got the SD7 hybrid on a whim. During Aliexpress 11/11 sale last year. Tried to cancel it twice but the vendor refuesed to cancel them on me. Lol. Glad they didn't. Little did I know how good these earphones are. Naturally they were so good I had to get the newer SD7 plus with 7 BAs.

Been enjoying both ever since. Both SD7s represent some very nice bang for bucks. Now I eagery away the new HK6 and HQ6. Both earphones in shipping limbo.

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #35,347 of 106,577
So, Penon it is for me then LOL. It will be bad enough waiting from them for what ever cable I buy...

BTW I will happily continue to use these lowly Dual Dynamic IEM's, best sound I have heard since the failure of my Z5's...

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #35,348 of 106,577
I have the white SD7 hybrids in my ears as I type. Man I enjoy these. To be honest the real reason why my renewed interest in Chi fi is because of these earphones. For guys that have not followed this thread. I kinda got the SD7 hybrid on a whim. During Aliexpress 11/11 sale last year. Tried to cancel it twice but the vendor refuesed to cancel them on me. Lol. Glad they didn't. Little did I know how good these earphones are. Naturally they were so good I had to get the newer SD7 plus with 7 BAs.

Been enjoying both ever since. Both SD7s represent some very nice bang for bucks. Now I eagery away the new HK6 and HQ6. Both earphones in shipping limbo.
HI can you tell me the difference between the sd7 and sd7 plus in terms of sound characteristics I'm trying to decide between those two,Thanks

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #35,349 of 106,577
Do you have comfort or annoyance issues with the 'control' pieces being offset from one another? In my experience, I much prefer the BT cables that have the dual control pieces symmetrical. When they're offset, they just seem to lay in an odd fashion, and can even loosen the seal on 1 of the sides when they don't have memory wires (which the cable you posted does have memory wires).

I haven't really thought about it so I'd guess that's a good thing :)

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #35,350 of 106,577
I've seen posts here about T2, apparently they are struggling to manufacture them and the issue is not related to NiceHCK (Outside of the fact that they are selling them in a pre-order mode essentially)

Yeah, there's a reason that I don't like HCK.....

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #35,351 of 106,577
Apr 12, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #35,352 of 106,577
@lucasbrea This is a comparison I did a while back between the SD7 and the SD7 plus.

So I have been going back n forth from the Hybrid SD7 to the Plus SD7 and the more I get used to hearing the plus model the more I can tell the differences between the two models
I was testing out the treble on both and vocals in the mids and my initial thought of the hybrid model having more treble energy was correct. The hybrid is more closer to a U signature vs a W on the plus model. However the real differences comes from the treble area. Upper treble on the plus model is clearly heard but is not as emphasized as the Hybrid. There seems to be a bit more emphasis in the 5-7K range in the hybrid model too. The tonality is a bit brighter on the hybrid due to the upper mids and highs having more energy on the hybrid model vs the Plus.

While both models are good at staying away from sibilance. It is the plus model that win for vocal refinement with a touch less treble emphasis especially upper treble. The plus model has a slight warmth and better overall smoothness to the sound while the hybrid model is a bit more dryer sounding. The real crazy thing about these 2 is how bass emphasis is very identical to each other. While one is clearly using a dynamic for bass and you would figure that is where the hybrid model will clearly win over the plus.

I don't think so. The plus has an agility to the bass end the hybrid model is lacking a bit in. It is not a slow bass per se but due to the bass clearly being emphasized. You have to be a fan of bass in order to like these two models. The bass adapts to each tune better on the plus. Big and rumbly when it needs to be and no where to be found on bass light tracks.. I think tonality wise the bass end of the plus model also has a slight edge over the hybrid model. The bass just sounds smoother especially in the subs.

So in conclusion. I still think the hybrid SD7 is excellent but the more I am hearing the SD7 plus the more I am appreciating the slight refinements from bass to the mid ranges and toning down treble end some from the hybrid model. Some guys might actually prefer the more energetic treble end of the hybrids more so that is a matter of taste and to be honest the bass end is where I find almost identical in function and form with the edge going to the plus model for being able to pull off a very dynamic sounding bass end while using some BAs to do so. Very impressive.

Balanced out of both earphones are excellent and I think guys who are willing to give these a try will be rewarded with a very dimensional enjoyable earphone for not that much money. Hidden gems. both of em ABSOLUTELY!

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #35,353 of 106,577
The SD7 hybrid actually has the better more even balanced sound, especially using it balanced out. but it is the more refinements of the plus model that warrants the extra cost. To be honest I like em both equally but there is a bit of extra juice when it comes to vocals on the SD7 plus model especially using a silver cable.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #35,354 of 106,577
Well, I hope I'll soon get to hear the sd7 plus. I don't have high expectations, so if it manages to fare well among the sub-$200 competition that would be a win. A this point though I would be happy even it it only beats the sub-$100 competition

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #35,355 of 106,577
@lucasbrea This is a comparison I did a while back between the SD7 and the SD7 plus.

So I have been going back n forth from the Hybrid SD7 to the Plus SD7 and the more I get used to hearing the plus model the more I can tell the differences between the two models
I was testing out the treble on both and vocals in the mids and my initial thought of the hybrid model having more treble energy was correct. The hybrid is more closer to a U signature vs a W on the plus model. However the real differences comes from the treble area. Upper treble on the plus model is clearly heard but is not as emphasized as the Hybrid. There seems to be a bit more emphasis in the 5-7K range in the hybrid model too. The tonality is a bit brighter on the hybrid due to the upper mids and highs having more energy on the hybrid model vs the Plus.

While both models are good at staying away from sibilance. It is the plus model that win for vocal refinement with a touch less treble emphasis especially upper treble. The plus model has a slight warmth and better overall smoothness to the sound while the hybrid model is a bit more dryer sounding. The real crazy thing about these 2 is how bass emphasis is very identical to each other. While one is clearly using a dynamic for bass and you would figure that is where the hybrid model will clearly win over the plus.

I don't think so. The plus has an agility to the bass end the hybrid model is lacking a bit in. It is not a slow bass per se but due to the bass clearly being emphasized. You have to be a fan of bass in order to like these two models. The bass adapts to each tune better on the plus. Big and rumbly when it needs to be and no where to be found on bass light tracks.. I think tonality wise the bass end of the plus model also has a slight edge over the hybrid model. The bass just sounds smoother especially in the subs.

So in conclusion. I still think the hybrid SD7 is excellent but the more I am hearing the SD7 plus the more I am appreciating the slight refinements from bass to the mid ranges and toning down treble end some from the hybrid model. Some guys might actually prefer the more energetic treble end of the hybrids more so that is a matter of taste and to be honest the bass end is where I find almost identical in function and form with the edge going to the plus model for being able to pull off a very dynamic sounding bass end while using some BAs to do so. Very impressive.

Balanced out of both earphones are excellent and I think guys who are willing to give these a try will be rewarded with a very dimensional enjoyable earphone for not that much money. Hidden gems. both of em ABSOLUTELY!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back