The discovery thread!
Jan 7, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #34,891 of 100,329
Also remember that the iSine20 doesn't require a deep fit inside the ear canal, You just want a tip that s wide enough to seal the ear canal a bit and get the right angle (for me I push the stem to angle sort of upwards). So you can't think of wearing these like your typical in-ears. Good luck.

Sure, I can tell...generally prefer a deep fit and seal, but many headphones don't work that way. The Complys seem good so far, see if they don't hurt the sound.

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #34,892 of 100,329
I bought this one here.
81lnIH-LyRL._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/OKCSC-Origin...8-2-spons&keywords=2+pin+earphone+cable&psc=1

That one you posted should work fine as well.
Thanks.
Already ordered a few from Ali and Gearbest.
If anyone interested GB is having flash sale for this cable. Ends in 2 days
https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_712517.html

Jan 8, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #34,893 of 100,329
Some observations on the RT-1. I was burning in a new silver interconnect I got recently and had my RT-1 connected to my amp. Was listening to it in single end and I can definitely tell the RT-1 sonics has changed from stock cable. There is much more potential in the RT-1.

I think the RT-1 stock tuning was made with the stock cable. The one thing I do notice with aftermarket cable is the stage of the sound presentation has changed. It is much wider using SPC cable vs stock cable to the point where it don't even sound like the same earphone. I think what might have thrown me off with this newer cable is just how wide the sound has become. Also I think the reason why the sound seems a bit off is the BA and the Bass dynamic is not jiving together anymore. The way they tuned the BA and Dynamic is I think both drivers have a hand in the mids section while the BA has the bias toward treble and the Graphene dyanmic toward bass.

Aftermarket cable now throwing a different impedence it sounds like a completely different earphone. I bought a cheaper KZ cable to try it out again but I noticed in balanced the sound is so crazy separated it really does sound like a dolby configuration.

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #34,894 of 100,329
These arrived today:

20180108_171126.jpg

Initial impression are very favorable. Had to read up on the configuration as I was sure that I was listening to a hybrid but they're actually a single dynamic.

My Rhythmos SD7 should be arriving tomorrow, can't wait to compare the two....

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #34,895 of 100,329
These arrived today:

Initial impression are very favorable. Had to read up on the configuration as I was sure that I was listening to a hybrid but they're actually a single dynamic.

My Rhythmos SD7 should be arriving tomorrow, can't wait to compare the two....
beautiful

Jan 8, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #34,896 of 100,329
New one...https://penonaudio.com/ns-audio-ns-2-composer.html
NS2-wf-700x700.jpg

"Natural Sound does not pursue gimmicks, and I'm releasing products for playing music. First of all the music we have to be able to impress people, and then the perfection of the curve and technology." "What I want to do is to have a good sense of the headphones, and then good experiences, at the same time have a good ability to adapt to music, and the most reasonable cost", which is the original intention of Zhang Jie.

After the success of the first entry-level NS-1 earphones, Nature Sound launched a second earphone NS-2. He made many earphone prototypes first, selected several of them and sent to his good friend, the famous Chinese composer Fang Dong Qing, for audition and asked him to judge which one is the closest to the scene based on his years of band and recording work. It turns out that his approach is completely correct, and NS2 has almost straight-line curve in the full frequency. "This is not the result of first tuning the curve, but the result of teacher Fang Dongqing's choice of his ears, which is why the earphone is named Composer. Its sound is natural, balanced and resistant to listening; it also has a perfect performance for recording. (for one earphone). At the same time, it uses 3D printed custom male mold housing, has excellent sound isolation and easy to drive, which can meet everyone's requirement of music appreciation anytime and anywhere."

It's not the number of drivers but how good those drivers are and how well they are tuned :)

"Custom composite full frequency driver

• A full-range driver with lumen air circulation provides a better low-frequency atmosphere and a soft low-frequency feel, similar to a dynamic driver, with excellent full-frequency response.
  • We have combined them to achieve better low-frequency dynamics, fuller mid frequency density, more delicate high-frequency performance, lower full-band distortion and a highly consistent full-range phase."

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #34,897 of 100,329
Also remember that the iSine20 doesn't require a deep fit inside the ear canal, You just want a tip that s wide enough to seal the ear canal a bit and get the right angle (for me I push the stem to angle sort of upwards). So you can't think of wearing these like your typical in-ears. Good luck.
Is the UM ME1 worth the $799 price tag Eric?

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #34,898 of 100,329
iSINE_LX_thumb.jpg

How are these gonna stack up??

Jan 8, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #34,900 of 100,329
Is the UM ME1 worth the $799 price tag Eric?

Hello DannyBai. The quick answer s definitely yes (compared to other earphones I own, owned or heard that cost just as much or more, such as the Angie, K3003, W60, etc.). And it beats the iSine20 in overall sound and comfort. Actually, the ME.1 fits your ear more like a tradition IEM (but like the iSine20, it sounds best with more of a shallow fit in the ear canal). I thought the iSine20 beat the ME.1 in bass, but that's not necessarily true. Once you fit and position the ME.1 right, there's plenty of bass. The silent space between instruments and vocals is just phenomenal! These babies compete with TOTL in all areas. Usually, you can find a new pair on amazon for about $750. I highly recommend the ME.1 (even over the iSine20, which I like two). I think doctorjazz won't find the instruments sounding like they are in a straight line the way he says he hear it in the iSine20 (although I don't really hear the Audeze that way). But ME.1 planars sits in your ear - for all pretense and purposes - like a traditional universal or custom earphone.

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #34,901 of 100,329
Still having fit problems with the iSine, KEF tips are painful, my dog ate the Comply tips I found-1 fell off- work in progress...(too many headphones, too little time). The way they are built, I suspect they'll be an odd feeling fit, even with the best tips, but I suppose one can get used to it. They actually do sound really good even with suboptimal fit overall.

(The UM ME.1 seems not to be available on Amazon, at least not at the present time. $759 on the UM site. It does sound appealing)

I do think the iSine20, from my admittedly less than optimal early experience with it, does some things great-that space between instruments you describe is there, open, good body to instruments, good PRAT. Just the layering seemed odd to me in my set up, with my tip issues).

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #34,902 of 100,329
Still having fit problems with the iSine, KEF tips are painful, my dog ate the Comply tips I found-1 fell off- work in progress...(too many headphones, too little time). The way they are built, I suspect they'll be an odd feeling fit, even with the best tips, but I suppose one can get used to it. They actually do sound really good even with suboptimal fit overall.

(The UM ME.1 seems not to be available on Amazon, at least not at the present time. $759 on the UM site. It does sound appealing)

I do think the iSine20, from my admittedly less than optimal early experience with it, does some things great-that space between instruments you describe is there, open, good body to instruments, good PRAT. Just the layering seemed odd to me in my set up, with my tip issues).
Look into Symbio tips?

Jan 9, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #34,903 of 100,329
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #34,904 of 100,329

Okay saw a few on amazon last night for $759 but they're gone. Now, I only see the Japanese import version there (of the ME1), but they're asking $2K for it! Whoa! Yeah, that's the thing with the iSine20, good burn in and a great fit, then they're like magic to your ears.

Jan 10, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #34,905 of 100,329
81lnIH-LyRL._SL1000_.jpg

So this is very interesting. I am listening to my RT-1 using this cable. Lo n behold we all had some suspicion that the stock cable of the RT-1 is indeed the limiting factor for the earphones. WOW fellas all I have to say is this cable being $8-12 online is exactly what the RT-1 needs. And the RT-1 does use a .75mm 2 pin. This KZ cable brings a much wider stage like my other cable I was using in balanced. It turns out that my other cable
HTB1HYuTp50TMKJjSZFNq6y_1FXay.jpg

While this one is a higher end cable it is the KZ cheaper one that really brings out what the RT-1 does well. This 2nd cable pictured here throws the sound field so wide that the sound becomes almost disjointed especially in balanced mode.. The KZ cable previously still retains the sound balancing of the intended tuning but now everything is spread out and has proper imaging however the sound is clearly upgraded. All I can say fellas. The RT-1 sounds like a completely different earphone using these cables. It sounds nothing like what the stock cable tuning is. So basically for guys that own the RT-1

Get yourself an upgraded cable. I have never heard an earphone that changes so much sonically just using a different cable. If my cable experimentation shows one thing. The RT-1 in balanced does not sound correct. The sound is too spaced out. If there is such a thing. So I would go single ended and the best part is that KZ cable only cost $10ish. HIGHLY RECOMMEND a cable upgrade and throw away your stock cable!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back