The discovery thread!
Dec 14, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #34,576 of 99,861
I suspect there are small holes in the vents or maybe a single hole. The phones do have 4 drivers in them so that alone will block out some noise.
Could be.. And who knows how much adhesive/"acoustic filler" is packed around those drivers as well.
I noticed the KZ ZS6 are pretty isolated too, but I have removed the backs on the ZS6 and they are fully opened...Yet the ZS6 has this rubbery blue glue surrounding the drivers, so I'm sure that's partly why.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #34,578 of 99,861
Generally, I've found I can get a decent fit for most earphones with either Spin-Fit or Spiral Dots. Usually have a supply (Amazon sells them). I do sometimes like foams, but the others are my usual go to's.

I'm an avid foam user, but I have been wanting to try the Spiral Dots, but I just cant figure out the sizes...
Can you please tell me what size Spiral Dot is comparable to the Comply T400 and T500 (4.5mm to 5mm nozzle diameter) foam tips?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #34,579 of 99,861
upload_2017-12-14_17-37-32.png

Here is the F.R. representation on the back. Think it is right on. Not a "V" but more of a "U" with a slight bass and treble lift. Went to the L stock tips and they are punchy but it(the punch/emphasis) is lower down and nice for something $25. Quick on the attack and clean lower mid-bass for a cheap model. Treble does roll like the graph so the peaks are lower and add life and some energy but don't seem to be in the sibilance zone.

Need to burn in a tip roll some but they have a well behaved big and energetic sound and pretty tight bass already. Some potential so far :)

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #34,580 of 99,861
Okay, tried out some AT tips, and SHE3580 larges and a couple of sources. Not much and only 45 minutes of use perhaps but they do make a very good showing vs. the RT-1, the Elecom, and even B400 in a quick comparison. Stock tips seem a bit more bassy than the other two I tried. Decent stock tips; pretty generic but sound fine on them.

I'm already gonna declare them legit, real deal and a must try. Went to the Pharmacy and they passed with good isolation and so small in the ears they passed the under hat test easy and should be a nice sleeping in-ear being cheap, even less than flush fitting, and nicely sealed.

Likin' the Rock-It/ FA DBA-02 vibe though the cable is all black till the Y then white & black mix after it. Metal capped plug and Y join with good strain reliefs, has a tight fitting chin slider. No lip on the nozzle so just a slide on and stay on with grip thing going on there. Pouch is the same as the $99 Pioneer CH9T comes with which is fine here plus a 6.3mm adapter. Nozzle is about 5.5mm long and longer than the B400 nozzle so if you are good with the Brainwavz you'll be fine with the S2000.

At $25 they do have a 3-year warranty so who cares if they don't have a replaceable cable. Don't want it myself as that would hurt the size/fit. Nothing at all to complain about for $25:)

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-14_19-55-48.png
    upload_2017-12-14_19-55-48.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
Dec 15, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #34,582 of 99,861
I agree with this. Finding the right tips would likely be a huge improvement for you. I don't necessarily agree about changing to foams (I don't like them at all) but maybe just something larger.

This type of tip often works for me when I'm using an IEM with a troublesome fit:

I also like this type of tips when i want a shallow insertion and for this purpose i mostly use the large size ,

Dec 15, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #34,583 of 99,861
I'm an avid foam user, but I have been wanting to try the Spiral Dots, but I just cant figure out the sizes...
Can you please tell me what size Spiral Dot is comparable to the Comply T400 and T500 (4.5mm to 5mm nozzle diameter) foam tips?
They fit both 4mm and 5mm nozzles. They come in small (10mm diameter), medium small (11mm), medium (12mm), medium large (13mm), and large (14mm).

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #34,585 of 99,861
Dec 15, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #34,587 of 99,861
Okay, tried out some AT tips, and SHE3580 larges and a couple of sources. Not much and only 45 minutes of use perhaps but they do make a very good showing vs. the RT-1, the Elecom, and even B400 in a quick comparison. Stock tips seem a bit more bassy than the other two I tried. Decent stock tips; pretty generic but sound fine on them.

I'm already gonna declare them legit, real deal and a must try. Went to the Pharmacy and they passed with good isolation and so small in the ears they passed the under hat test easy and should be a nice sleeping in-ear being cheap, even less than flush fitting, and nicely sealed.

Likin' the Rock-It/ FA DBA-02 vibe though the cable is all black till the Y then white & black mix after it. Metal capped plug and Y join with good strain reliefs, has a tight fitting chin slider. No lip on the nozzle so just a slide on and stay on with grip thing going on there. Pouch is the same as the $99 Pioneer CH9T comes with which is fine here plus a 6.3mm adapter. Nozzle is about 5.5mm long and longer than the B400 nozzle so if you are good with the Brainwavz you'll be fine with the S2000.

At $25 they do have a 3-year warranty so who cares if they don't have a replaceable cable. Don't want it myself as that would hurt the size/fit. Nothing at all to complain about for $25:)

I was waiting for this. I heard they hit way above their price tag (audio123 I believe)

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #34,588 of 99,861
Only thing that scares me is dunu’s treble.

The Titan 1 was a bit too bright for me unless I used Comply tips. They sealed well and were comfortable but I simply lost a lot of treble frequencies.

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #34,589 of 99,861
Only thing that scares me is dunu’s treble.

If you think of all those Titan models tuning as the work up to this dynamic flagship then what is your thought? :) Also they are CNT and not Titanium coated and read about the Vsonic CNT driver's tuning(i.e. a less emphasized high end) which I think will follow the same route in the Falcon.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #34,590 of 99,861
I was waiting for this. I heard they hit way above their price tag (audio123 I believe)

They do but perhaps, like the first Head-fier to mention them about two pages, they do have more balanced sig w/o that much bass so check if you want that sound. Seeing the XE800 in your sig, you'll be fine if you like the Vivo bass amount. Probably a little more here though only had the first gen GR07 way back when to estimate :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back