The discovery thread!
Dec 14, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #34,561 of 100,730
T2 is a different tuning all together. If your a fan of bass the RT-1 is where you will get that. The T2 not so much. It has really nice realized mids and is more of a neutrally tuned earphone that stays away from a traditional V shaped sound. One of the truly better balanced tuned earphones in the market at any price. The mids really shine on the T2s but rolls off in the sub region in the bass. The treble don't offend either.

Sound stage width and depth is only average on the T2 being about the middle of the pack on stage but it is difficult to find a even balanced sounding earphone in the price range of the T2. So I would say it is a good buy at the price people are buying for them. But it will depend on what you like in your sound. If you want a more bolder type sound with some bass emphasis and more full bodied sound that is what the RT-1 does well. RT-1 is more colored in sound but is musical and detail is better than you would imagine from them, also it isolates way better than the T2.

I wouldn't say it is flat out better but is different tuned earphone. It will come down to what you like in your sound.

Excellent answer! Thank you so much! :)
So it sounds like the RT-1 would be an excellent addition to my collection.
I like that it isolates so well because I build guitars in my shop all day, so the RT-1 seems like a great iem to use while working around LOUD power tools.

Speaking of isolation: it's strange, but out of all my earphones my BGVP DM5 isolates the best...How's that even possible, being that it's open-backed?

Anyway, thanks again for your detailed answer. :)

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #34,562 of 100,730
Excellent answer! Thank you so much! :)
So it sounds like the RT-1 would be an excellent addition to my collection.
I like that it isolates so well because I build guitars in my shop all day, so the RT-1 seems like a great iem to use while working around LOUD power tools.

Speaking of isolation: it's strange, but out of all my earphones my BGVP DM5 isolates the best...How's that even possible, being that it's open-backed?

Anyway, thanks again for your detailed answer. :)
I could say the same thing about the DM5 and I am sure (subject to correction) that those grills are just cosmetic.

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #34,563 of 100,730
perhaps a larger foam tip might work best for you.
How would I know which foam tip would fit this IEM? Any recommendations?

Another thing you could try is taping the front vent, it will certainly boost the bass but might destroy overall cohesion - very quick and reversible mod..
Tried it. It made no difference. I think until I can find a way for the tips to make proper seal in my ear canals, nothing else is going to matter.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #34,564 of 100,730
Never write off IEM's sound if you have any issues with the fitting. It looks like it has a very short nozzle, perhaps a larger foam tip might work best for you.
Another thing you could try is taping the front vent, it will certainly boost the bass but might destroy overall cohesion - very quick and reversible mod. Be careful not to insert them too quickly as the driver will suffer some additional pressure now, also, don't go lound at first, you don't want to damage anything if it distorts.
Perhaps some more experienced head-fiers could help you further if none of this works.
I agree with this. Finding the right tips would likely be a huge improvement for you. I don't necessarily agree about changing to foams (I don't like them at all) but maybe just something larger.

This type of tip often works for me when I'm using an IEM with a troublesome fit:

20171215_005144.jpg 20171215_005111.jpg

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #34,566 of 100,730
I agree with this. Finding the right tips would likely be a huge improvement for you. I don't necessarily agree about changing to foams (I don't like them at all) but maybe just something larger.

This type of tip often works for me when I'm using an IEM with a troublesome fit:

Thanks. These appear to be shorter versions of the silicone tips that came with my IEMs. Who sells them?

BTW, I've tried all the sizes of silicone tips that came with them, and none of them make proper seal. I think the fact that the cable goes over the ear actually causes the tips to not sit properly inside my ear canals. These are my first IEMs that are designed to be worn over the ear... either I am doing something wrong or I should be staying away from such IEMs as they may be incompatible with my ears...

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #34,567 of 100,730

Haha, I bet I could barely stick that into my left ear canal and that's without an earphone's nozzle.

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #34,568 of 100,730
Thanks. These appear to be shorter versions of the silicone tips that came with my IEMs. Who sells them?

BTW, I've tried all the sizes of silicone tips that came with them, and none of them make proper seal. I think the fact that the cable goes over the ear actually causes the tips to not sit properly inside my ear canals. These are my first IEMs that are designed to be worn over the ear... either I am doing something wrong or I should be staying away from such IEMs as they may be incompatible with my ears...
If you have tips from another earphone that you know to fit well, give them a try. When I was starting out I had 2 pairs of tips that I swapped between ALL of my IEMs because they were the only ones that fit my huge ear canals. Luckily now I have a stockpile of XL ones that work.

Those short tips in the photos...sorry I can't remember where I got them but I know they came with one of the IEMs I have. I've got about 4 or 5 pairs of similar ones now.

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #34,570 of 100,730
If you have tips from another earphone that you know to fit well, give them a try.
I tried them with the tips from my old Panasonic HJE350... still not getting the bass that I'm used to... I guess I am used to V-shaped signature, and these S2000 are not it - after all they claim to be on-stage monitors for musicians where more of a flat response is probably desirable. Others might like them.

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #34,571 of 100,730
Generally, I've found I can get a decent fit for most earphones with either Spin-Fit or Spiral Dots. Usually have a supply (Amazon sells them). I do sometimes like foams, but the others are my usual go to's.

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #34,572 of 100,730
I tried them with the tips from my old Panasonic HJE350... still not getting the bass that I'm used to... I guess I am used to V-shaped signature, and these S2000 are not it - after all they claim to be on-stage monitors for musicians where more of a flat response is probably desirable. Others might like them.
If you want to trade for the UiiSii CM5 let me know, I think they will be what you are looking for

Dec 14, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #34,573 of 100,730
What's this...
upload_2017-12-14_17-1-7.png

Doesn't hurt that I am 20 minutes away from ADVANCED so it is free 1-day shipping.

They fit just fine. They are half the size of the RT-1
upload_2017-12-14_17-27-46.png

Yep, I know the mail needs to be cut lol! Just got over being a bit sick and let these things go in favor of naps and such :)

Think someone needs to learn how to bend their first memory wire:) Takes some practice! Pretty sure that when bent correctly they will fit fine unless the ears are oddly shaped or very small.

Attachments

• IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    799.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #34,574 of 100,730
I could say the same thing about the DM5 and I am sure (subject to correction) that those grills are just cosmetic.
I wonder about this as well, I actually taped the grills while I was wearing them and listening to music, and heard no difference.
Although it's hard to test this perfectly, because as you push on the earphone to get the tape stuck on, it also pushes the earphones in deeper, thus enhancing the bass a little.
I should probably try this again before stating it as 100% fact, but I too am very suspicious that the DM5s are closed back with cosmetic grills.
Also the DM5's isolation is really good (with foam tips especially), and that just doesn't make sense, even if they were a semi-open backed iem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back