The discovery thread!
Nov 24, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #34,366 of 100,514
Don't currently have the EX1000. As for the 20, definitely, need to tip roll to bring out its best sound. And you need to keep in mind it's open. You probably wouldn't hear it at its best at a meet. Amp or a good DAP also makes it sing. I currently use the Sony NWZX100HN and my S8+ the most for it. The sound is glorious!

Thanks for the impressions. Have you tried the 'Reveal' dsp plugin audeze released? I have seen a number of comments saying the iSines are much improved with either a cypher cable or some kind of eq compensation.

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #34,367 of 100,514
You got rid of the Z5? :O Why?
it actually died on one side. Faulty MMCX connection, in my attempt to spread the connectors more open the pin inside the IEM broke off... Needless to say I was not very happy when it happened... Ok I'm still not happy :frowning2:.

On a different note. I also bought a 2nd Adagio Club for $38 since I accidentally washed my first pair!!! The first pair still worked but I wondered if they were working like they were supposed to. The new pair confirms that aspects of the sound were compromised in the wash. This new pair has much better mids like the first pair had when I got them.

If the AF140 up's the ante of the Adagio I think I will be pretty happy.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #34,368 of 100,514
The Adagio is a steal at $38 gotta look after this pair this time! It might only have 2 drivers but they tuned them mighty fine. I am really surprised these have no following. I know they are supposed to be an AF78 rebadge but I wonder if that is really accurate or not. I am not going to get an AF78 to find out but I wonder...

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #34,369 of 100,514
Hope everyone applicable :) had a good holiday!!

Cute budget hybrid to try??(not to expect too much but some fun)
HTB1TqZiazgy_uJjSZJnq6zuOXXaU.jpg

Another dual dynamic single armature hybrid...http://173.214.160.182/store/produc...DIY-HiFi-Bass-Headset/119089_32841373137.html

Very much a CKR copy as far as the look. Around $25 with a coupon or whatever even early so it'll drop and might be worth a punt to mess around with.

Annnnd, Sony has more expensive BT stuff. Hey, if a BT cable is $200, if you attach an earphone to it it should be $300 right?:)
https://translate.google.com/transl...//www.e-earphone.jp/sony/smr-10-b&prev=search
17_000000159613.jpg

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #34,370 of 100,514
Hope everyone applicable :) had a good holiday!!

Cute budget hybrid to try??(not to expect too much but some fun)
HTB1TqZiazgy_uJjSZJnq6zuOXXaU.jpg

Another dual dynamic single armature hybrid...http://173.214.160.182/store/produc...DIY-HiFi-Bass-Headset/119089_32841373137.html

Very much a CKR copy as far as the look. Around $25 with a coupon or whatever even early so it'll drop and might be worth a punt to mess around with.

Annnnd, Sony has more expensive BT stuff. Hey, if a BT cable is $200, if you attach an earphone to it it should be $300 right?:)
https://translate.google.com/transl...//www.e-earphone.jp/sony/smr-10-b&prev=search
17_000000159613.jpg
It's will be ready interesting 2DD+1BA and i think you are the first buyer for these because i saw their is only one order ,

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #34,371 of 100,514
Nope just saw them but didn't buy them. So, was someone else. Would like to hear how open the back really is first esp. with two dynamics. Certainly what I like for the potentially bigger stage and benefits of improving dynamic bass performance. Why I am interested in things like the Falcon C, new Radius, and others and have gotten back into my GB1000.

Love those vents...
5a101c8cad4ef7285.jpg_d250.jpg

sec01_r_img.png

images

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #34,372 of 100,514
Nope just saw them but didn't buy them. So, was someone else. Would like to hear how open the back really is first esp. with two dynamics. Certainly what I like for the potentially bigger stage and benefits of improving dynamic bass performance. Why I am interested in things like the Falcon C, new Radius, and others and have gotten back into my GB1000.
Have you any information about the release date of Falcon C and the other one ( i think the DK 4001)

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #34,373 of 100,514
DUNU have been posting some pics of the Falcon C but no date yet. Think we are close but haven't heard when.

Nov 25, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #34,375 of 100,514
This is how to take a pic of a cable to show how supple it may be...
HTB1PLWZaAfb_uJkSmRyq6zWxVXaX.jpg

:thumbsup:

Nov 25, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #34,376 of 100,514
it actually died on one side. Faulty MMCX connection, in my attempt to spread the connectors more open the pin inside the IEM broke off... Needless to say I was not very happy when it happened... Ok I'm still not happy :frowning2:.

On a different note. I also bought a 2nd Adagio Club for $38 since I accidentally washed my first pair!!! The first pair still worked but I wondered if they were working like they were supposed to. The new pair confirms that aspects of the sound were compromised in the wash. This new pair has much better mids like the first pair had when I got them.

If the AF140 up's the ante of the Adagio I think I will be pretty happy.
where did you get the adagio for $38?

Nov 25, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #34,377 of 100,514
where did you get the adagio for $38?
Visions Electronics in Canada. They have them on sale as part of their Black Friday sale. Unfortunately they only have them in the stores and most stores are sold out. I got 1 of only 3 left in Calgary.

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #34,378 of 100,514
So I went ahead and got myself a Ibasso It01. Initial reports are very positive and while I was leaning toward the F9 pro. I have a good feeling about the earphone and then there was this little curve ball.

F910-1-700x700.jpg

New on Penon audio is this little good looking earphone called the Nabolang F910

NABOLANG F910 Dual Dynamic Driver HiFi In-Ear Earphone with MIC

Description

Dual Dynamic Driver, earphone cavity using mechanical frequency structure design

• Two independent drivers, separate cavity design, bring a structured sense of the scene. The new neodymium-boron-iron moving coil unit for mid-treble and bass playback respectively enables the F910 not only to have natural, comfortable mid-to-high frequency extensions but also to show more rapid and powerful bass effects.
  • Double and stronger resolution makes the sound better than conventional earphones in both low frequency and high frequency. Through a variety of new breakthroughs to change the sound reflection, absorption, amplification and other substances, to achieve a balanced sound, quad-core dual-dynamic speaker playback, make more transparency, better resolution and broader sound field.
Artisan mixer tuned personally, amazing sound quality

• NABOLANG has its own team, in tuning, they have many years of acoustic experience and industry accumulation, debugging many times, only for the F910 can restore a high pitch sweet, midrange alto accurate and bass heavy.
Cochlear ergonomic design

• Fit the structure of the ear surface, streamlined according to the shape of the cochlea design, more comfortable and more soundproof
Medical grade silicone eartips

• Silicone eartips use medical-grade environmentally silicone materials, thickened design, configuration L / M / S three sizes, enhance the wearing comfort, but also to improve the sound insulation effect.
Adaptive ear hanging

• Adapted to ear of different people, more comfortable and stable than plastic wire or silicone ear loop. Used to be the high technology requirements design for expensive sports earphones only.
High-fidelity wire control & Mic

• Single-button design for play / pause / answer / up and down song
Cable upgrade, more durable

• Wire material used TPE wrapped in copper wire core (high toughness fiber reinforcement), make the sound quality transmission more quickly, pull-resistant and anti-wrap.
Appearance piano paint process

• Pre-sound chamber using piano paint technology, bright black / royal blue shell showing a unique exquisite noble, combined with concise arc design harmony and unity, let you enjoy the music intoxicated, headphones also can be so stylish.
Specification

• Brand: NABOLANG
  • Model: F910
  • Driver: Dual Dynamic Drivers(10mm+6mm)
  • Impedance: 16 Ohm
  • Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz
  • Sensitivity: 95dB/mW
  • Plug:: straight 3.5mm
  • Cable length: 1.2M
  • Wire Control: Yes
  • With Mic: Yes
Package

• NABOLANG F910 Earphone
  • 3 sets of Eartips
For a whopping $16.90 I am gonna find out just how good these things are. Ordered one with my IT01. If anything they will make for an interesting beater. Got the all clear one. Looks very interesting for the price.

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #34,380 of 100,514
I remember dual dynamics being somewhat exotic at one point like 3 years ago. I like that the housing is larger for the dynamics, probably gives them some room to breathe. I can see how they can be uncomfy for smaller ears. I thought it was cheap enough to give it a try. Will see how they are once I get em. I can see them being a bass heavy earphone however.

The IT01. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back