The discovery thread!
Nov 27, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #34,397 of 99,754
Just ordered today so it'll be a bit but at least it is epacket and not standard shipping. Update with pics when they get here :)

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #34,398 of 99,754
@ericp10...Audeze had a Black Friday sale on the iSine20, I went for it. Not sure how long until it comes, but I'll update when I get it.

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #34,399 of 99,754
@ericp10...Audeze had a Black Friday sale on the iSine20, I went for it. Not sure how long until it comes, but I'll update when I get it.

Great news!! I can't wait to hear what you think about it. I'm still loving it, but playing around with tips and trying to decide which fit I like best, clips or hook. Also, I've been listening more to the $700 ME.1. It clearly fit like a regular IEM, has great sound, but the bass is lacking compared to the iSine20. Then again, you can fix it with the right tips, place in the ear (i'm finding a more shallow fit brings out the bass than a deep one), and some eq-ing. Happy listening. I think I'm about to try the iBasso IT01 too.

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #34,400 of 99,754
I have a good feeling for the IT01. Might be a new benchmark for $100 earphones. Mines shipped last night from Penonaudio. Look forward to everyones take on them.

So we have been getting into some cables lately and recently I got a used all silver cable for my DT1990 pros. So I wasn't greatly impressed with my Alo silver interconnect but this Lavracable I got is serious buisness.

The seller told me he never got to use it as he ended up selling his DT1770. So I took them off his hands to use my DT1990pos. Pure silver on an already highly resolving headphone brings a plus to the table. The sound out of my cans has a silky smoothness to the sound I have never heard in a headphone before. Transparency is on another level as well. I couldnt stop listening to it actually. So it seems burn in for cables are for real. Lavra cables recommends 150 hours of burn in time for their silver cables. Burn in or not. I am sold on them silver cables. It is too bad they cost so damn much.

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #34,401 of 99,754
I have a good feeling for the IT01. Might be a new benchmark for $100 earphones. Mines shipped last night from Penonaudio. Look forward to everyones take on them.

So we have been getting into some cables lately and recently I got a used all silver cable for my DT1990 pros. So I wasn't greatly impressed with my Alo silver interconnect but this Lavracable I got is serious buisness.

The seller told me he never got to use it as he ended up selling his DT1770. So I took them off his hands to use my DT1990pos. Pure silver on an already highly resolving headphone brings a plus to the table. The sound out of my cans has a silky smoothness to the sound I have never heard in a headphone before. Transparency is on another level as well. I couldnt stop listening to it actually. So it seems burn in for cables are for real. Lavra cables recommends 150 hours of burn in time for their silver cables. Burn in or not. I am sold on them silver cables. It is too bad they cost so damn much.

?

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #34,402 of 99,754
You getting a review sample of the It01? So the marketing of these are like a mini tesla driver a la xelento Beyerdyanmic?
I only wish they were a real Tesla driver but hey I am intrigued enough to punt for one. Plus dat cable!! Will report how they are once I get em.

Sorry I missed this. Thread notifications are busted for me. Not getting them to my knowledge. Have more than enough to cover at the moment anyway. Might pick up a set in the new year if they're decent and still talked about in a few months.

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #34,403 of 99,754

Read the page from Laviracables.

REFERENCE SILVER BEYERDYNAMIC DT1770, DT1990 UPGRADE CABLE
$103.38–$266.01

Pure 6N silver Beyerdynamic DT1770 upgrade cable v2.0 (new 3.5mm plug for headphone cup).
Very noticeable upgrade and step over the standard cable!
Need at least 150h of breaking in period (YES, that does work with silver!)

• Silk sleeving

Plug

$126.61

SKU: 16REF01BEYCATEGORY: HeadphoneTAGS: Headphone, Reference

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #34,404 of 99,754
Sure there is always a debate regarding cable burn in or earphone burn in but to me if the manufacturers of the product suggests it. I am gonna give it a try. I did notice on first listen the sonics sounding a bit thinner than usual but with crazy amount of transparency. Even thought I bought the cable used. They were never used according to the seller. Over night of music playing and the next day the sound was more vivid with more layering and fullness to the sound.

Nov 29, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #34,405 of 99,754

Now, when you get these, my friend, they will need some eq-ing (if you're not using the cipher cable). The iSine20 comes with both cables. Stick with it, the sound will need less eq-ing with the regular cable as you burn these babies in. Also, tips and placement in are important for the best sound. I'm using a spare pair of medium silicon tips from my KEF M200. I've settled on the biggest black ear hooks in the package, and I don't do a deep insertions. And wow! I can't think of anything that really beats that I've heard or owned IEM-wise. The ME.1 comes close (not as wide of a soundstage and a different sound signature), but it is its own little beast. If can wear these in comfortable way and realize there will be some sound leakage since they're opened IEMs, you will love these babies!

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #34,406 of 99,754
@ericp10, that's a pretty strong statement, better then the U12? The Angie? (don't really do eq, purist that way, still haven't completely straightened things out at Audeze. They had a problem at the site with the iSine20, didn't work at the sale price, I emailed them and they said they'd send me one at 20% off as initially offered, but haven't heard back since. Time for a follow up email).

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #34,407 of 99,754
@ericp10, that's a pretty strong statement, better then the U12? The Angie? (don't really do eq, purist that way, still haven't completely straightened things out at Audeze. They had a problem at the site with the iSine20, didn't work at the sale price, I emailed them and they said they'd send me one at 20% off as initially offered, but haven't heard back since. Time for a follow up email).

Timbre and tone-wise, yes, better than the U12 and Angie. Of course, they do some things better, but that planar sound is magical bro!

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #34,408 of 99,754
OK, heard back from Audeze folks, order is paid for, now the wait for the iSine20.

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #34,410 of 99,754
I am thinking of giving the JVC FW02 a try. Any one here care to say a few good things about it? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back