The discovery thread!
Nov 27, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #34,381 of 100,500
HTB1veTIPVXXXXb3XXXXq6xXFXXXg.jpg

Sound field is separated between the two drivers. Also found them even cheaper than on penonaudio. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ear...-0c02-4fa6-8cb2-4deb3a9fc441&rmStoreLevelAB=2

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #34,382 of 100,500
I remember dual dynamics being somewhat exotic at one point like 3 years ago. I like that the housing is larger for the dynamics, probably gives them some room to breathe. I can see how they can be uncomfy for smaller ears. I thought it was cheap enough to give it a try. Will see how they are once I get em. I can see them being a bass heavy earphone however.

The IT01. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on em.

They were pretty snazzy for a while. Hybrids are taking all the hype now. Hopefully you enjoy them! Looking forward to your thoughts on the IT01 as well.

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #34,384 of 100,500
They were pretty snazzy for a while. Hybrids are taking all the hype now. Hopefully you enjoy them! Looking forward to your thoughts on the IT01 as well.

You getting a review sample of the It01? So the marketing of these are like a mini tesla driver a la xelento Beyerdyanmic?
I only wish they were a real Tesla driver but hey I am intrigued enough to punt for one. Plus dat cable!! Will report how they are once I get em.
10028510.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #34,385 of 100,500
Nov 27, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #34,386 of 100,500
In other news. It looks like my packages from Aliexpress in recent 11/11 sale has not even left mainland China. There is a very good chance I will get my IT01 before I get the rest of my orders.

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #34,387 of 100,500
In other news. It looks like my packages from Aliexpress in recent 11/11 sale has not even left mainland China. There is a very good chance I will get my IT01 before I get the rest of my orders.

All of my things "shipped", except that most have been flying for about 10 days somehow, some are stuck on customs and an order from NiceHCK has had 2 tracking numbers, the first one didn't update for a long time, then the second one got to the shipping company, then it got canceled and the first tracking number is suddenly departing the country. I've never had any issues with NiceHCK and I suspect that this will be fine as well but it's the weirdest thing that I've experienced when it comes to tracking.
I get that they probably used a fake number because they didn't have the product yet, but everything else is so random...

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #34,388 of 100,500
My AF140 arrived today (ordered Friday and Recieved them on Monday! Woohoo).

So far they are everything I was hoping they would be. They take everything I like about the Adagio and take it up two notches. The bass is powerful (actually hope and anticipate it settle down a smidge), same or slightly better midrange and improved treble detail and extension. OH and the 3D presentation which was above average on the Adagio is much higher on the AF140. Search for a Z5 replacement OVER!!!

Sure it doesn't have a mic but for this type of sound who the hell cares!

Oh, just to be clear these are not an audiophile IEM, they are a bass head audiophile wet dream just like the Z5 was/is.

I actually took a chance on these by throwing on a 2 year replacement warranty hoping I would like them and might need some extra protection.

Best $98 spent this year for me. They are actually worth their retail in my opinion even though they don't have a replaceable cable. If Audiofly simply make a new model with a replaceable cable they wouldn't need to change anything else.

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #34,389 of 100,500
I have received all 4 of my AE 11.11 orders in The Netherlands last week.
Meanwhile my 8 november Gearbest Purchase is on some kind of trip. Visited Kazachstan on the 21st and Russia on the 24th. No clue when it will reach me.

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #34,390 of 100,500
^Some good stuff guys. Also saw these two:

Null Audio is stocking a new hybrid that looks cool for a budget and has a nice looking graph...
AzaleaFR.jpg

Microdriver plus armature for 35 SGD/$25 at the moment...
2_2000x.png

https://www.null-audio.com/collecti...udio-azalea-dual-driver-hybrid-in-ear-monitor

Introducing Versaudio, the newest member of the Null Audio family. Versaudio is a Singapore based acoustic-electric brand bringing you exhilarating performance at a fraction of the market price.

Versaudio Azalea Dual Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitor
SGD69.90->SGD34.95
Azalea features VA's unique acoustic design with a compact dome chamber, which houses a 6.8 millimeter micro mid/bass dynamic driver and a balanced armature super tweeter. The super tweeter is hoisted within the deep fitting nozzle, built with passive 2 way electronic crossover, it provides extremely well extended and high definition treble performance. The 6.8 millimeter neodymium magnet bass driver delivers powerful bass and definitive clarity in the mid range.

Also looking into the ADV S2000. Also $25 though not in stock yet. https://www.adv-sound.com/products/s2000
An impression from CanJam London(.https://audioprimate.blog/2017/07/2...re-ibasso-final-advanced-kennerton/#more-5734)..
"I then listened to the biggest shocker of the entire show, the ADV S2000. The IEM is designed to just ergonomically melt into your ear. It is flat with a perfectly angled nozzle and body that will allow it to remain unobtrusive even whilst sleeping. It has a fixed cable and a sleek black body. It is supremely comfortable. On sound, I listened to Norah Jones – Feelin’ the Same Way. I found that snare was little thin, that vocals had a touch of sweetness for Norah, and that the soundstage was wide with good height (impressive). Then I heard the price. $20. Twenty friggin’ bucks. I thought the sound of these would compete with many $200 offerings. I think that once these come out, everybody and their dog needs to get a pair. Shoot, at this price, my daughter’s dolls might benefit from better sound. I told them that I thought the price was too low, and they might cannabalize some of their higher model sales. They didn’t seem concerned. That’s some mighty confidence in your other offerings."

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #34,391 of 100,500
I purchased these from Joybuy on 6/11 and they arrived today:
20171127_173001.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #34,393 of 100,500
Nov 27, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #34,394 of 100,500
You getting a review sample of the It01? So the marketing of these are like a mini tesla driver a la xelento Beyerdyanmic?
I only wish they were a real Tesla driver but hey I am intrigued enough to punt for one. Plus dat cable!! Will report how they are once I get em.

I think the product copy was referring to the strength of the magnets, not to the style of driver winding or the Beyer trademark.

Nov 27, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #34,395 of 100,500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back