The discovery thread!
Sep 28, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #32,611 of 101,180
Damn. I'm glad i ordered the 2 pin for my DZ9...*fingers crossed* 

Sep 29, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #32,614 of 101,180
  When you will receive your DZ9,???? 

Was told that it's almost done, so they will ship it out via DHL either today or tomorrow...

Sep 29, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #32,617 of 101,180
Sep 29, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #32,619 of 101,180
Hello, first post here. Just wanted to concur with what @ericp10
has said about the DZ7. Note that I'm still a beginner when it comes to high end audio equipment and I haven't been able to compare them with a lot.

I've had them for about 3 weeks now and they are simply amazing! The soundstage is extremely wide and instrument separation is out of this world. They handle mids beautifully and listening to my two favourite genres, 20th century classical and progressive house, has been pure bliss. Vocals and highs are also extremely clear. The bass is tight and adequate, but these IEMs are not for bassheads. I was actually a bit disappointed at first transitioning from my Ostry KC06a which are notorious for their bass, but after about ~200 hours of burn in, the bass became a lot better. Overall I would say they have a pretty neutral sound, which suits me, but again I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to sound warmth...

These easily outperform my Audio Technia A900s and my pal's Shure SE846 which are the only "high end" pieces I have been able to compare to.

In terms of comfort and build quality, I have no complaints. Jim shipped a whole bunch of ear tips including the Comply-esque foam ones, which I use. Also I love the stars face which makes them look awesome.

I can't attach an image of them for proof (new account), so I'll link to a picture here: http://imgur.com/a/3kyeu

Done :wink_face:

Looks beautiful mate, how is the build quality? It's a good quality acrylic? Looks awesome with that colour and I want to buy one.

Damn. I'm glad i ordered the 2 pin for my DZ9...*fingers crossed* 

Let us know about the quality of the 2 pin connector,I want to try the DZ7 but I'm not a big fan of mmcx plugs.

Sep 30, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #32,621 of 101,180
Hey guys my AK Audio Dolphin 6BA review is :)  http://www.head-fi.org/products/super-dolphin-6ba/reviews/16980

There is also an official thread if anyone wants to check it out! http://www.head-fi.org/t/820721/the-super-dolphin-6ba-not-just-an-aquatic-mammal 

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #32,622 of 101,180
Yikes. My tracking number for my dz9 shows that it was sent to another address in my country and signed for by someone else. I gave DHL a call and the confirmed that the tracking number was correct and not for me.

I dropped HCK a message and hopefully he replies soon. I do hope it's just a case of a wrong tracking Number. He did mention that the IEMs were being shipped out ( that was yesterday - and as fast as DHL is, I highly doubt that it only takes a day to reach me..)

Highly possible the tracking number is off!

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #32,623 of 101,180
Yikes. My tracking number for my dz9 shows that it was sent to another address in my country and signed for by someone else. I gave DHL a call and the confirmed that the tracking number was correct and not for me.

I dropped HCK a message and hopefully he replies soon. I do hope it's just a case of a wrong tracking Number. He did mention that the IEMs were being shipped out ( that was yesterday - and as fast as DHL is, I highly doubt that it only takes a day to reach me..)

Highly possible the tracking number is off!

so many peoples are complaining about the this type of strange behaviour from Jim HCK in other threads he always misguid the buyer and lier i personally had faced the same situation with Jim but ok finally i received my package safely but definitely Jim leavs a bad impression about his services. 

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #32,624 of 101,180
so many peoples are complaining about the this type of strange behaviour from Jim HCK in other threads he always misguid the buyer and lier i personally had faced the same situation with Jim but ok finally i received my package safely but definitely Jim leavs a bad impression about his services. 

Yeah, this is my impression too. I've been blacklisted by them for over a year now after they sent me the wrong item and I complained about it. Don't really feel like as if I've been missing much seeing all these complaints......

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #32,625 of 101,180
Yeah, this is my impression too. I've been blacklisted by them for over a year now after they sent me the wrong item and I complained about it. Don't really feel like as if I've been missing much seeing all these complaints......

Yup, same thing. Been blacklisted for over 3 months now. Good thing PenonAudio exists. At least they label their products correctly. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back