The discovery thread!
Apr 20, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #28,997 of 100,819
New JVC sports earphones like the ECX20 , new Philips(SHQ 3300), good Sony sports earphones, Holy Serpent V9(and it's variants), the ATH-Sport 3, Moxpad X6, and more should be considered before the Jlab. Jlab is overpriced with fake high MSRP making you think you get a deal and too many suspect/planted reviews in the past. Build is good and they are good as a company but you can do better for sound. Or get the same sound for cheaper.

The Meelectronics is the default preferred choice here in the US...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038W0K2K/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-3&pf_rd_r=13F9G9PKTP9B9YYAMHA9&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970567562&pf_rd_i=desktop

On another note, this seems to be a good little budget earphone worth trying...
  1. imgrc0065679951.jpg

Extensive original sound is followed by "IX3000" features, "IX1000" is a new type of earphone that you can enjoy a two tone with a single.

By manipulating the sound controller, without having to replace the earpiece and tuning accessories, can be switched of tone on the fly.
    "IX1000" is, you can play two sounds of "Flat Sound (flat sound)" and "Active Bass (active base)".

imgrc0065678337.jpg

"Flat Sound" is the articulation with an emphasis on balance of low and high frequency, you can enjoy the charm of the sound source itself.
    "Active Bass" to increase the sense of beat by strong play bass sound, you can enjoy the music with powerful.

Also by genre of music, or by mood of people who listen to music, it is attractive is "IX1000" of who can enjoy more aggressively, leading to music while to adjust the tone of the earphone.  
◎ specs

1. Driver: 10.1mm dynamic Format: canal type maximum input: 20mW
    Impedance: 16Ω
    Sensitivity: close 97 ± 3 dB / mW
    open 95 ± 3 dB / mW
    Playback frequency band: 20Hz ~ 20,000Hz
    Cord Length: about 1.2m
    Plug: 4-pole L-type plug Weight: -
    Warranty: 6 months Accessories: earpiece

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?&lo=TP&from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.i-sound.co.jp%2Fix1000%2Findex.html

Interesting just not proven yet :)

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #28,998 of 100,819
  Anyone here already try and hear the Jlab Fit 2.0? A company based in USA that i think focus on sport earphone
From looks and ergonomics it's look promising and they say it's washable 
bigsmile_face.gif

The price is $29.9 free shipping to all USA region

I have J3,J5,J6 from jlab and are not worth their price above $10-$15.....J3 is better from the bunch, for what it sounds and what I paid, rest are crap,imo......like @jant71 quoted the price will mislead anyone....just my $0.02.....

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #28,999 of 100,819
How does it compare to same price region? Do you have a same range price earphone like this?
And what kind of sound did you hear? Muddy, bassy, bright or something more specific?
Sorry for the curiousness
biggrin.gif

I have a ton of stuff in the under 50 CAD range. The JLabs stuff I've tried sits right in between it all. They've all been v-shaped, with slightly grainy treble, okay detailing, fairly tight and deep bass.They just don't stand out at all...kinda boring sounding really. jant71 posted some good opinions and alternatives.

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #29,001 of 100,819
J3 micro atomic's outer sheath (tpu) already started to come off, most being from y split to the ear-piece ends, you can see from the picture how the affected cable (portion) is so thin to its original shape.....but it still sounds good tho.

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #29,002 of 100,819
  There were some measurements taken by Innerfidelity a while back quote:
"Joker's Box-O-IEMs - As usual I received a dandy package of IEMs from ljokerl. Most unusual of all (and a pain in the butt to measure) was the FLC Technologies FLC8, which has three different replaceable acoustic filters. Each filter position has either 3 or 4 different filters that can be used to tune the FLC8. There's no way I was going to measure all 36 different combinations. Fortunately, the headphones come with some recommended settings:
Neutral;
Vocals;
 Strings/Piano;
 Light Music;
and
 Pop/Rap; "
From http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-update-january-2015

Those measurements look nice but goodluck finding the right combination...still need more concrete reviews on these.

try the review at ljokerl's theheadphonelist
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/flc-technology-flc8/

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #29,004 of 100,819

Yes  doctorjazz, i i agree , sometimes better to stay at home and listen to recordings than put up
with bad sound at live shows. i have had to tear up my tickets and put them in my ears when i
forgot ear plugs at some shows, and i think the first ten rows went deaf......just saying...

but there is that audience ambience and energy that makes some shows extra special and
enlivening that transcends the sound.........going to see STEVE EARLE tonight live, who is
touring in support of his fabulous new album TERRAPIN, and he hasn't been in my area for
over ten years, so expect a lot of audience rapport and a homecoming so to speak that will
make it a lively event!!!!  

Bravo for clubs and venues  that take great sound into consideration of the value they provide their participants!!!

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #29,005 of 100,819
DrBlue, look forward to reading your review of the Steve Earle concert!!!!!! He is awesome!

Not earbuds, but won a pair of AKG K7XX at the Nashville Meet, do any of Ya'll have experience with these HPs?

Picked up a Meier Corda Classic at the Meet as well, awesome bass.

I have been buried in work and school (Wife & Daughter) lately, happy to be back:tada:!

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #29,006 of 100,819
Yes  doctorjazz, i i agree , sometimes better to stay at home and listen to recordings than put up
with bad sound at live shows. i have had to tear up my tickets and put them in my ears when i
forgot ear plugs at some shows, and i think the first ten rows went deaf......just saying...

but there is that audience ambience and energy that makes some shows extra special and
enlivening that transcends the sound.........going to see STEVE EARLE tonight live, who is
touring in support of his fabulous new album TERRAPIN, and he hasn't been in my area for
over ten years, so expect a lot of audience rapport and a homecoming so to speak that will
make it a lively event!!!!  

Bravo for clubs and venues  that take great sound into consideration of the value they provide their participants!!!

I'm jealous, want to see Earle bad!!! :D

Did like the All Time Low part of the concert on Friday (not that the sound was stellar, but good enough, if you knew the songs, to not get in the way too badly), unfortunately, it was a 4 band tour, and the first 3 were something akin to torture!!

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #29,007 of 100,819
DrBlue, look forward to reading your review of the Steve Earle concert!!!!!! He is awesome!

Not earbuds, but won a pair of AKG K7XX at the Nashville Meet, do any of Ya'll have experience with these HPs?

I have been buried in work and school (Wife & Daughter) lately, happy to be back:tada:!

will post a short review tomorrow of the STEVE EARLE concert tonight!
don't have any experience with AKG K7xxx but a lot of head fires seem to like them!
Meier Corda has excellent reputation, congratulations
WELCOME BACK!  BUT hide your wallet!

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #29,008 of 100,819
I'm jealous, want to see Earle bad!!!
biggrin.gif

Did like the All Time Low part of the concert on Friday (not that the sound was stellar, but good enough, if you knew the songs, to not get in the way too badly), unfortunately, it was a 4 band tour, and the first 3 were something akin to torture!!

I will tell Steve to go play NYC again soon!  Glad you liked ALL TIME LOW (that doesn't sound good however)
but sitting through 3 sound tortures would be too much for me to take. you have great fortitude supporting your
daughter for the music she likes !  what a great dad!  

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #29,009 of 100,819

Sounds like the Meet did serious financial damage, lol. I like the Q701, K7xx supposed to be along the same lines but "better" from the write ups on it (DrBlue dislikes the 701's, a bit too much treble for him). Also have heard good things about Meier, curious what you think about them.
Went in on the Cavelli Liquid Carbon myself, it's a preorder, but getting raves from those who've heard it at shows, probably about 2 months until they ship.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #29,010 of 100,819
So I got lucky and ended up getting in one of the 200 early release deal of the Fiio X3 2nd gen. Almost missed it due to an error on my part. But I am glad I ended up with one.

I have to say this player is surprising in more ways than one. It is not only a nice upgrade to the older X3 but also the X1 and E11K combo and the DX50. I am digging the newer Fiio sound. So far I have test it out with the FX850, Titan 1s, DuoZA and my MSR7 and it sounds fantastic with all of it.

The entire package is fantastic but the sound quality is outrageously good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back