The discovery thread!
Dec 20, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #27,031 of 101,512
^
LoL you don't wanna know what i REALLY think about those Senni 598's. : P
"They (HD598) don't sound like "crap" per se, but it is pretty MEH!!! No fullness to their sound combined with a lack of HD resolution to their mids makes for a lackluster experience. Had expected a more forward and lush mid-range but sadly my VSonic iem spanks them a good one. Oh and they are pretty lacking in micro details as well unlike the ATH AD900X which was VERY good in that regards. Soundstage was disappointing even more so than the Philips X1's. LoL

Overall their sound sound kinda flat and boxy which gives a sense that they sound cheap. Bass texture and depth is extremely lacking as well, with decent mid bass slam but it sounds overly stressed/ defused along with males vocals especially for hip hop music, which is what i listen to majority of the time. I was LITERALLY rolling my eyes regarding how lackluster it sounded compared to my VSD3S/ gr07 BEs. :rolleyes:

Let's just say their sound/ presentation is VERY dated these days. haha"

Wow!
Well, i guess I'M pretty dated, too. Probably why i like 'em.
:beerchug:

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #27,032 of 101,512
Wow!
:beerchug:

Heck, judging by how many dusties I like (akg sextetts, sony v7's and 777's), I guess I'm "carbon dated" lol!

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #27,033 of 101,512
Wow!
beerchug.gif

^
Welp to be mo' precise, by "dated" i meant that the advancement of "cans" tech/ tuning seems to be MUCH MUCH more stagnant compared to their IEM counterparts. Cuz you can get an amazing set of IEMs that has the big/full/bold sound of many portable cans/ even full size cans that are out for REALLY cheap these days. A great example of this is the KC06 with it's very wide staging and great balance of bass, mids, treble but yet you still get very sweet texture/sparkle/extension and depth across the sonic frequencies. The bass depth and quality of the KC06 sounds better to my ears than that of those full size HD598 without a doubt.

So yeah it seems that the advancement in the sound of headphones overall is much more dated in terms of price to performance wise than IEMs these days. And pheeeew THANK GOD i am mo' of an IEM person. hoho We are truly living in the beginning of the golden IEM era. 
ksc75smile.gif

Happy in-ears, but oh so sad wallets. :  (

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #27,034 of 101,512
The TTPOD T2 is going to blow the lid off this place, and IEM buying. 

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #27,035 of 101,512
So far I'm really loving these Sony XBA-H3. They are better in the bass dept than my A83, and I didn't think there would be a hybrid that would come along and kick the Fidue off the pedestal, but these H3 not only come close, but just might best them? I think the only thing that might keep them even or a tad below is the A83 has better detail retrieval and clarity overall, since the H3 is a touch warm and thick, BUT it's not so warm that it's veiled. The bass is so delicious on these, and better definition than the FX850 in my opinion. Just more precise, with less bass thud. I'm impressed as heck, and they were definitely worth the trade for the FXT200.

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #27,036 of 101,512
^
Welp to be mo' precise, by "dated" i meant that the advancement of "cans" tech/ tuning seems to be MUCH MUCH more stagnant compared to their IEM counterparts. Cuz you can get an amazing set of IEMs that has the big/full/bold sound of many portable cans/ even full size cans that are out for REALLY cheap these days. A great example of this is the KC06 with it's very wide staging and great balance of bass, mids, treble but yet you still get very sweet texture/sparkle/extension and depth across the sonic frequencies. The bass depth and quality of the KC06 sounds better to my ears than that of those full size HD598 without a doubt.

+1 on the kc06/a's.

^
So yeah it seems that the advancement in the sound of headphones overall is much more dated in terms of price to performance wise than IEMs these days. And pheeeew THANK GOD i am mo' of an IEM person. hoho We are truly living in the beginning of the golden IEM era.

That's why you need some classic dusty headphones mang! :)

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #27,037 of 101,512
So far I'm really loving these Sony XBA-H3. They are better in the bass dept than my A83, and I didn't think there would be a hybrid that would come along and kick the Fidue off the pedestal, but these H3 not only come close, but just might best them? I think the only thing that might keep them even or a tad below is the A83 has better detail retrieval and clarity overall, since the H3 is a touch warm and thick, BUT it's not so warm that it's veiled. The bass is so delicious on these, and better definition than the FX850 in my opinion. Just more precise, with less bass thud. I'm impressed as heck, and they were definitely worth the trade for the FXT200.

You like the h3's more than the 850's?

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #27,038 of 101,512
  One persons review of the new Panasonic Hi Def things Translated from German..
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=de&u=http://www.mactechnews.de/news/article/Praxistest-Panasonic-Buegelkopfhoerer-HD10-159875.html&usg=ALkJrhgqaFLbRf7mBAx6AVlcsrQqgBpb9g

Linking  first reading next :)
Thought this design feature was nice. Should allow for someone with off kilter symmetry for ears to adjust the fit? Someone just the other day mentioned that to me  regarding a fixed non swivelling set and this issue.
Pic from the Panasonic promo pack at their site.

Drooling over these things. Need help.

Lots more reviews kicking around now, not much but some. all seem very good. From what I can tell no rolled out highs, overall neutralish type signature with quality slightly emphasized bass.
Have a look around and see what you can figure out too please.

Great review. It IS a 201 layer diaphragm membrane... :O

I heard mention somewhere in a review about non removable pads but so far this is hearsay until one of us gets a hold of one, even then  the HM5 ones might do it. Non removeable is always cleanly removable some way.

Oh nooooo I read it.  There is an interesting reference to the Beyer T90 in there. .

whats that feeling on my mouse finger, did I just get bit or somethin???? it's rather....itchy.
What the Sony should have been?  but no way to tell unless I get them in my hands.

Well then. amazon up dude. It's Christmas.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=de&u=http://www.amazon.de/Panasonic-RP-HD10E-K-Monitor-Kopfh%25C3%25B6rer-Wandler-Schwarz/dp/B00NHCIFFK/ref%3Das_sl_pc_qf_sp_asin_til%3Ftag%3Dmtnson-21%26linkCode%3Dw00%26linkId%3DHMVLPLC3Q7CHLNVA%26creativeASIN%3DB00NHCIFFK&usg=ALkJrhgPmEiVJaFtCEGsWVs_YEnSjq1NCw

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #27,039 of 101,512
You like the h3's more than the 850's?

yeah. The bass on the FX850 is just a tad too boomy for me, Not by much, but it's a basshead IEM. The H3 comes a touch less, but with the same texture and control, with similar details and top end, so I'm really preferring the H3. The fit for both is monstrous, so when all even, I'm picking the H3. 

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #27,040 of 101,512
yeah. The bass on the FX850 is just a tad too boomy for me, Not by much, but it's a basshead IEM. The H3 comes a touch less, but with the same texture and control, with similar details and top end, so I'm really preferring the H3. The fit for both is monstrous, so when all even, I'm picking the H3. 

Very interesting. Did you try the james444 mod on the 850's?

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #27,041 of 101,512
^

So yeah it seems that the advancement in the sound of headphones overall is much more dated in terms of price to performance wise than IEMs these days. And pheeeew THANK GOD i am mo' of an IEM person. hoho We are truly living in the beginning of the golden IEM era. :ksc75smile:

Happy in-ears, but oh so sad wallets. :  (

Ive not read up on the k06. Ill have to do some research.
Think im becoming more of aniem person myself.

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #27,042 of 101,512
+1 on the kc06/a's.
That's why you need some classic dusty headphones mang! :)

^
Ain't gots no tyme for no damn dusties meng, too many new gears getting released can't afford sustain my hypester/hipster buying ways if i am also lusting after all dem hard to find dusties as well. Gots to pick my battles meng. But funnily older IEMs without a doubt CAN'T hang with the newer breads is the general rule, but cans wise it doesn't seem to be be true cuz a lot of the older cans sounds MUCH better than all the new crap they be releasing of late so.....

This further drives home my point that cans tech/ innovation is damn dated in comparison to their IEM brothers. : P

^
Dood how about you hook me up with those FX850 for a sweet price if those H3's are doing it for ya'. Have always wanted to try them JVC woodies but don't wanna toss over $200 for them.
ksc75smile.gif

C'mon dood hook a head-fi brother up. :  )

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #27,043 of 101,512

The bass part is true. But I disagree on the H3 having similar detail as the 850s. The H3 tends to have a slight treble roll-off, while detail is still impressive, it tends to sound a little dull when compared to the 850s sparkle and imaging

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #27,044 of 101,512
Ive not read up on the k06. Ill have to do some research.
Think im becoming more of aniem person myself.

^
Hold off on those Ostry KC06 BG, cuz there are just too many upcoming IEMs from Ostry, VSonic, Havi amongst others that will most likely best them and become the new budget king og budget-fi. Good if you wanna research but don't buy it just yet. : P

IGNORANCE IS BLISS!!! REMEMBER. :wink:

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #27,045 of 101,512
^ Don't forget the ttpod T2's which are going to dominate the world! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back