The discovery thread!
Dec 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #27,016 of 101,556
For all you prog rock fans out there, I found Steve Hackett's "Genesis Revisited: Live at The Royal Albert Hall" concert on spotify. Wow - amazing.

Steve Hackett was the lead guitarist of Genesis in it's early days. Here's some excerpts from the concert, but if you love Genesis or would like to get introduced to them, I would strongly recommend "Genesis Revisited: Live at The Royal Albert Hall":

And just to keep this on topic, I'm sure it would sound awesome off of some of the recent discoveries here lol.

He was also in the short lived but awesome band GTR with Steve Howe of Yes, Jonathan Mover of Alice Cooper and Phil Spaulding of Elton John and OMD. When The Heart Rules The Mind!

Dec 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #27,017 of 101,556
@nick n sent me this video. I can't understand the title of the video, but in my attempt to make this on topic, my guess is "Cheat death by listening to good quality headphones and iems". Ok, I might have that wrong.. it's probably just "Cheat death". And yes it is off topic, but wow!:

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #27,018 of 101,556
PA has the hfman 300A for $29.xx discounted price....not sure its good fwiw at this price tag tho...

http://penonaudio.com/HIFIMAN-RE300A

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #27,020 of 101,556
@nick n
 sent me this video. I can't understand the title of the video, but in my attempt to make this on topic, my guess is "Cheat death by listening to good quality headphones and iems". Ok, I might have that wrong.. it's probably just "Cheat death". And yes it is off topic, but wow!:

Wow, that's incredible! Most of those were very lucky escapes! Some wouldn't be out of place in a action movie.

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #27,021 of 101,556
Congrats...good to hear. I'm waiting on a Soul Tube, basically same inner workings.
(Who knows how long the wait will be for that, though).
Enjoy!
I don't know how many of you ordered the Geek Pulse but I received my Pulse fi yesterday and the sound is nothing like I've heard before.  The wait pays off, this thing is absolutely incredible.  

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #27,022 of 101,556
Got the Pono working...same time as I got the Koss ESP 950. Didn't have time for comparative listening, just a bit of time to play with my new toys, but my quick and dirty, unbroken in impression is.....this thing really sounds nice. Now, if I can just find a way to keep my wife from noticing the UPS truck pulling up to the House almost daily.....:wink:

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #27,023 of 101,556
PA has the hfman 300A for $29.xx discounted price....not sure its good fwiw at this price tag tho...

http://penonaudio.com/HIFIMAN-RE300A

It's a crappy IEM at any price. Horrible sound. The 300h is the far better IEM.

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #27,024 of 101,556
I can't imagine how nice the soul tube is gonna sound. Couldn't fork over the dough for any of those upgrades. Thankfully this thing sounds better than anything else I've owned. I think you're gonna be thrilled doctorjazz.

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #27,025 of 101,556
It's a crappy IEM at any price. Horrible sound. The 300h is the far better IEM.

Hmm...thats bad to hear.....thought all the 300s share the same drivers and shells,so the tuning but its just the phone flavors that changes,physically......and 300h is the audiophile ver for serious listeners w/o mic&vol.....

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #27,026 of 101,556
@nick n
 sent me this video. I can't understand the title of the video, but in my attempt to make this on topic, my guess is "Cheat death by listening to good quality headphones and iems". Ok, I might have that wrong.. it's probably just "Cheat death". And yes it is off topic, but wow!:

I liked the Portal cake at the end haha, but seriously mind-blowing video.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #27,027 of 101,556
Hmm...thats bad to hear.....thought all the 300s share the same drivers and shells,so the tuning but its just the phone flavors that changes,physically......and 300h is the audiophile ver for serious listeners w/o mic&vol.....

Oh no no brotha. They are tuned very differently from the 300h. The 300h is bassy, but with great transparency and slightly rolled off high with strong present mids. The 300i/a are super bassy with very blurry highs and recessed mids. It's like the original Dr Dre Beats gone wrong in the tuning. Just a horrid little IEM. The 300h is like the bassy little brother of the RE-400.

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #27,028 of 101,556
Oh no no brotha. They are tuned very differently from the 300h. The 300h is bassy, but with great transparency and slightly rolled off high with strong present mids. The 300i/a are super bassy with very blurry highs and recessed mids. It's like the original Dr Dre Beats gone wrong in the tuning. Just a horrid little IEM. The 300h is like the bassy little brother of the RE-400.

Oh ok....So,thats the reason you said 300h is worth buying at that discount price....got it.

Probably they (hfman) targeted mainstream consumers of mobile users,mostly youngsters / middle aged, to tune the likes of beats etc....

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #27,029 of 101,556
Oh ok....So,thats the reason you said 300h is worth buying at that discount price....got it.

Probably they (hfman) targeted mainstream consumers of mobile users,mostly youngsters / middle aged, to tune the likes of beats etc....

+1

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #27,030 of 101,556
Whew!
Been away a few weeks and finally caught up on several hundred messages that I was behind. Y'all have been BUSY!

I saw that a few of you got quite a deal on Senn 598's on Black Friday. How are you likin' them? I just had mine on last night, for the first time in about 18 months. Spent a couple of hours enjoying them. SFWALCER, whacha think of yours?

DannyBai and Dsnuts, I'm still really enjoying these two pair of Brainwavez a LOT. The S1's sound really good... just wish they didn't have that firehose of a cable and we're a little easier to wear. I got some Comply tips on '' em, and that made a huge difference in the sound. The S5's, on the other hand, fit like a dream, even though I don't usually care for over-the-ear wear. And they sound oh so sweet. Might be my favorite of the two.

Those Rain2's sound very interesting. I' ll have to read up on them.

I keep waiting to see someone tossing out their FX850's for a ridiculously cheap price. Ain't happened yet. I don't understand it. :
biggrin.gif
Guess I might have to read up more on the 650 & 750's.

Keep on listenin'!

^
LoL you don't wanna know what i REALLY think about those Senni 598's. : P
"They (HD598) don't sound like "crap" per se, but it is pretty MEH!!! No fullness to their sound combined with a lack of HD resolution to their mids makes for a lackluster experience. Had expected a more forward and lush mid-range but sadly my VSonic iem spanks them a good one. Oh and they are pretty lacking in micro details as well unlike the ATH AD900X which was VERY good in that regards. Soundstage was disappointing even more so than the Philips X1's. LoL  
Overall their sound sound kinda flat and boxy which gives a sense that they sound cheap. Bass texture and depth is extremely lacking as well, with decent mid bass slam but it sounds overly stressed/ defused along with males vocals especially for hip hop music, which is what i listen to majority of the time. I was LITERALLY rolling my eyes regarding how lackluster it sounded compared to my VSD3S/ gr07 BEs.
rolleyes.gif

Let's just say their sound/ presentation is VERY dated these days. haha"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back