The discovery thread!
Mar 21, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #23,281 of 106,544
  ^ But shouldn't you be listening to her rather than stare at her face in a complete daze cuz ehhh it's a radio show afterall!!!
deadhorse.gif

I have no idea bout those cans as well, was just trollin' not like i am a stan of hers or anything. : P

^ WHO THE FRACK IS EVAN!!!
blink.gif

LAME GIF IS LAME!!!
tongue.gif

^ Damn maybe i should have copped a set when they were $65 as well, oh well another day anther can. There will only be better stuff, no need to hoard cough *Logans*cough. LMAO

Oh and on the TEAC ZE1000 front, man oh man are these old stock. The glue that is holding them literally are coming off on the strain relief area, kinda a stupid way to implement a strain relief anyways................
... nothing that a lil' bit of crazy glue won't fix. EZ

Was hoping that the loose strain relief was causing some of the strange resonance i hear in some of the tracks, but sadly it wasn't. Am i the only one what get strange resonance issues from my music??? It is literally track dependent, so it has to do with music but i don't hear those strange resonances with my other gears though so.........

Strange indeed, can these be THAT revealing???
rolleyes.gif
LMAO Nah............

awkward...

NOT!

on another note, you should have gotten those cls, after all, they have good resale value like the martins!

But it's okay,we forgive you. :)

Thanks doctorjazz!! I love the results you're receiving so far! Once shophq has them in stock I'll get to purchase one! Or another amazon deal...

oh, @sf10 
is your ZEAC breaking down? I don't like the looks of that picture...

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #23,282 of 106,544
  Oh come on, you don't know Chris Evans? Like, Captain America Chris Evans? Srsly dude, you need to watch some more movies.
beerchug.gif

+

Like +1 lol
smile.gif

^ oh Oh OH!!! THAT Chris Evans.....
i really don't know his real name IRL.
redface.gif

Welp he didn't have his el capitan de los americana fit on that's why. Pisssh i don't remember celebs by their real names meang, c'mon what you take me for???
biggrin.gif

Try popping off the paper filters. AND be careful of the crazy glue. That stuff has a wicked vapour that can easily seep in and contaminate the drivers (it's why they use it for "fogging" for fingerprints) If you absolutely positively have to use it (rather than say a 5 minute epoxy) use the gel.

^ Too late already glued their loose arse back on with some trusty good ol' crazy glue. And what the hell is that uppity "epoxy"??? Sounds like something fancy only you Canned mofos will know.

You should consider buying a set of wide-bore FAD tips - they are the best tips are ever had!

^  i would if i own a set of these FADs but don't really feel the need to get it cuz i don't own them. And knowing FAD those tips probably ain't gonna be cheap. haha
triportsad.gif

So i would rather just buy a set of these Heaven Vs and get the tips that way if i do what them.

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #23,283 of 106,544

^  i would if i own a set of these FADs but don't really feel the need to get it cuz i don't own them. And knowing FAD those tips probably ain't gonna be cheap. haha
triportsad.gif

So i would rather just buy a set of these Heaven Vs and get the tips that way if i do what them.

Why exactly haven't you bought a pair yet if you like them so much? 
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #23,284 of 106,544

Why exactly haven't you bought a pair yet if you like them so much? 
tongue.gif

Some of us follow the frugal code!

We wait for price drop, share phones, borrow, make our own since it's cheaper, and we grow headphones too.

On second thought, scratch everything on that list except the borrow, barter, make, and grow. We want our income to continue growing, while saving money! 
redface.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #23,285 of 106,544

Some of us follow the frugal code!

Yeah, my goals are pretty practical as well. I just go up a tier from my current favorite IEM and out of that tier, I find the best all-rounder that fits my sound-signature preferences. I think me being interested in a specific type of character keeps me grounded. I realized I prefer a warm, buttery, filled-in sound. With that being said, I do appreciate the abilities of a clean, analytical type of IEM and I do use my Astrotec AX-35 for certain music. It just doesn't bring what I want out of the types of genre I listen to the most.

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #23,287 of 106,544
Got the HKs at the Amazon sale price, didn't spend a lot. Something odd about the sound so far, improved after a day of burn in, still not quite there to my ears. Hooked then up to burn in unit (Sony H3 back to on deck circle), see what happens next few days.
Have the Heaven V, tried AT double flange tips, wide bore, worked really nicely (partly needed to calibrate my ears, see if my difficulties with the HKs was maybe MY hearing issue... Didn't have any problem appreciating the Heavens, though, ear and brain apparatus seems to be working fine).
Anyway, the Heavens with the AT double flange tips were gorgeous sounding! I think a lot of this is individual fit issues, hard to generalize as head/ear shapes/sizes can be so different. Still, it's good to get a heads up on something worth trying out.
Heaven VI would be interesting to check out... The Vs sound really musical, organic. On direct comparison to Westone 40s and 4s showed the Vs not to detail as well, Soundstage as well as the Westones. Could the VI bring the technical performance up to the level of the Westones? Do they keep the magic of the Vs? Anyone compared?

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #23,291 of 106,544
B&H has Fostex TE-05 for $150 shipped (pre-order):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1029720&gclid=CJ3By6SjpL0CFS1eOgodLx0A5A&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #23,292 of 106,544
  B&H has Fostex TE-05 for $150 shipped (pre-order):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1029720&gclid=CJ3By6SjpL0CFS1eOgodLx0A5A&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Thank you for posting that link.

I've seen it go for pre-order for nearly a month now...

COME ON B&H! HURRY UP! 
frown.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #23,293 of 106,544
Alright guys, I've decided to keep the AD900X for now. When paired with the DX50 on high gain they sound pretty fantastic!

Mids that are so magical you get lost in the music?! Balanced armature driver?! I think I know what my next purchase will be! I love my ES700s solely for the mids. They have a lot of great qualities, but the lush mids allow me to just escape in the misic and make me realize why I love it so much! Those Heaven Vs sound very promising! If only I couod audition a pair... :p

Did I miss something about Eric? It sounds like he's leaving! :O

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #23,295 of 106,544

Thank you for posting that link.

I've seen it go for pre-order for nearly a month now...

COME ON B&H! HURRY UP! :frowning2:

I ordered it at least a month ago, who knows when it will actually ship (got more gear than I can manage already, so not in a big rush on my end) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back