The discovery thread!
Mar 20, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #23,267 of 106,514
Then when you buy the te-05 you'll be in for a real treat :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

^ i have the TE-05s with me as well. For $100 they are great but for $150, i rather get the FAD Vs tbh. The are more than worth the $50 extra.

Plus the detachable cable of the Te-05 is kinda cheap feeling, and there is only a thin mesh to protect the housing opening. Pretty problematic for moisture and stuff.

The FADs is a lot more premium as a whole despite it doesn't have a detachable cable.

The lack of isolation is kinda a deal breaker for me.

Mar 20, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #23,268 of 106,514
I actually greatly prefer the Heaven V to the TE-05. When I listen to the TE-05, I think "Hmm, good technical capabilities, great bass and treble extension, nice soundstage, decent imaging, etc..." But that's it. I don't feel like I have any emotional connection with my music. The Heaven V draws me in every time, and still does after 8 months of owning it. The music sounds more real and present, whereas the TE-05 sounds a bit too thin for my tastes. And although the TE-05 has decent imaging, I would say the Heaven V's imaging and layering of instruments is definitely superior. Soundstage is comparable in size. I think the TE-05 may be slightly taller in soundstage while the Heaven V is slightly wider and deeper. And mids on TE-05 sound nowhere as beautiful as on the Heaven V. They're still very technically great mids, but it lacks that magical quality the Heaven V's mids have. No other headphone or IEM allows me to lose myself in my music like the Heaven V does. Not even FAD's own full-sized Pandora Hope VI could match the Heaven V in this regard, despite coming close. Even after reading about all the amazing things said about the H3 and FX850, the only IEM that I still crave to get a chance to listen to is the Heaven VI.

Mar 20, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #23,269 of 106,514
  I actually greatly prefer the Heaven V to the TE-05. When I listen to the TE-05, I think "Hmm, good technical capabilities, great bass and treble extension, nice soundstage, decent imaging, etc..." But that's it. I don't feel like I have any emotional connection with my music. The Heaven V draws me in every time, and still does after 8 months of owning it. The music sounds more real and present, whereas the TE-05 sounds a bit too thin for my tastes. And although the TE-05 has decent imaging, I would say the Heaven V's imaging and layering of instruments is definitely superior. Soundstage is comparable in size. I think the TE-05 may be slightly taller in soundstage while the Heaven V is slightly wider and deeper. And mids on TE-05 sound nowhere as beautiful as on the Heaven V. They're still very technically great mids, but it lacks that magical quality the Heaven V's mids have. No other headphone or IEM allows me to lose myself in my music like the Heaven V does. Not even FAD's own full-sized Pandora Hope VI could match the Heaven V in this regard, despite coming close. Even after reading about all the amazing things said about the H3 and FX850, the only IEM that I still crave to get a chance to listen to is the Heaven VI.

^ BOA knows her sound!!!

Mar 20, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #23,270 of 106,514

^ BOA knows her sound!!!

LOLLL you know ittt 
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #23,272 of 106,514

^ C'mon BOA Stan what cans is she wearing in that spoiler gif??? GO GO GO!!!

Testing your loyalty here. : P

Maybe a Sony MDR-V6 or MDR-7506?? I don't really pay attention to her headphones much when I watch her radio shows, all I see is her face haha.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #23,274 of 106,514
Btw, for those who own the harman kardon cls.

How's the comfort + isolation on those headphones?

How's the build quality in your opinion?

And last of all...

IS IT GENUINE LEATHER LIKE THE MIKROS?!

Thanks for your input fellas. :beerchug:

Hi-1 day of burn in completed on the HK's...much better, mids filling in, female vocal very nice. Bass strong, round. Good soundstage, detailing good as well. These are very different than the Mikros, more like the Senn Amperiors (which I like). Don't have that silence/space between instruments, refined presentation. Also don't have anemic bass, much better bass presentation imo. Still have some reservations, maybe I got a bad pair, something in Laura Cantrell's voice, a kind of distortion, not sure, put them back on burn in at some point. I hear it sometimes, other times sounds fine, just me being obsessive/neurotic, likely...could also be what some call, "brain burn in", the longer I listen, the more I get used to the sound sig, the better everything sounds.
Build is nice-metal band with leather band underneath that touches head, seems genuine, but I get fooled by leatherette, think it's real.
Has the square earpieces that go on ears, feel comfortable to me, more than Mikros (but ymmv). Clamping force on the high side, but as these are metal, I'm sure they stretch out no problem to a comfortable position. No, they don't seem quite as finely made as the Mikros, but the design is minimal, 1 steel band with the leather under it, and it is much lighter and ultimately, when stretched, I'm sure, more comfortable.

Been listening to Laura Cantrell, like her new album a lot, "No Way There From Here", couldn't find a good version of the song I wanted to post, this is a really nice version of another song from the album, live on WNYC's show Soundcheck, really like this as well. Nice alt-country (if you have any interest in the genre, of course...but she has a nice voice to evaluate cans with, at any rate)

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #23,275 of 106,514

Maybe a Sony MDR-V6 or MDR-7506?? I don't really pay attention to her headphones much when I watch her radio shows, all I see is her face haha.

^ But shouldn't you be listening to her rather than stare at her face in a complete daze cuz ehhh it's a radio show afterall!!!
deadhorse.gif

I have no idea bout those cans as well, was just trollin' not like i am a stan of hers or anything. : P

^ WHO THE FRACK IS EVAN!!!
blink.gif

LAME GIF IS LAME!!!
tongue.gif

Hi-1 day of burn in completed on the HK's...much better, mids filling in, female vocal very nice. Bass strong, round. Good soundstage, detailing good as well. These are very different than the Mikros, more like the Senn Amperiors (which I like). Don't have that silence/space between instruments, refined presentation. Also don't have anemic bass, much better bass presentation imo.
Build is nice-metal band with leather band underneath that touches head, seems genuine, but I get fooled by leatherette, think it's real.
Has the square earpieces that go on ears, feel comfortable to me, more than Mikros (but ymmv). Clamping force on the high side, but as these are metal, I'm sure they stretch out no problem to a comfortable position. No, they don't seem quite as finely made as the Mikros, but the design is minimal, 1 steel band with the leather under it, and it is much lighter and ultimately, when stretched, I'm sure, more comfortable.

^ Damn maybe i should have copped a set when they were $65 as well, oh well another day anther can. There will only be better stuff, no need to hoard cough *Logans*cough. LMAO

Oh and on the TEAC ZE1000 front, man oh man are these old stock. The glue that is holding them literally are coming off on the strain relief area, kinda a stupid way to implement a strain relief anyways................
... nothing that a lil' bit of crazy glue won't fix. EZ

Was hoping that the loose strain relief was causing some of the strange resonance i hear in some of the tracks, but sadly it wasn't. Am i the only one what get strange resonance issues from my music??? It is literally track dependent, so it has to do with music but i don't hear those strange resonances with my other gears though so.........

Strange indeed, can these be THAT revealing???
rolleyes.gif
LMAO Nah............

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #23,277 of 106,514
  ^ But shouldn't you be listening to her rather than stare at her face in a complete daze cuz ehhh it's a radio show afterall!!!
deadhorse.gif

I have no idea bout those cans as well, was just trollin' not like i am a stan of hers or anything. : P

^ WHO THE FRACK IS EVAN!!!
blink.gif

LAME GIF IS LAME!!!
tongue.gif

^ Damn maybe i should have copped a set when they were $65 as well, oh well another day anther can. There will only be better stuff, no need to hoard cough *Logans*cough. LMAO

Oh and on the TEAC ZE1000 front, man oh man are these old stock. The glue that is holding them literally are coming off on the strain relief area, kinda a stupid way to implement a strain relief anyways................
... nothing that a lil' bit of crazy glue won't fix. EZ

Was hoping that the loose strain relief was causing some of the strange resonance i hear in some of the tracks, but sadly it wasn't. Am i the only one what get strange resonance issues from my music??? It is literally track dependent, so it has to do with music but i don't hear those strange resonances with my other gears though so.........

Strange indeed, can these be THAT revealing???
rolleyes.gif
LMAO Nah............

Try popping off the paper filters. AND be careful of the crazy glue. That stuff has a wicked vapour that can easily seep in and contaminate the drivers (it's why they use it for "fogging" for fingerprints) If you absolutely positively have to use it (rather than say a 5 minute epoxy) use the gel.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #23,278 of 106,514

^ Nope, the set i have on loan didn't come with stock tips sadly, but they sound good with a lot of the tips i own really. For more tamed, less bombastic sound the VSonic stock black tips are nice along with the auvio radioshack tips.

But yeah this lil' single BA driver is no joke, tuning REALLY is everything.

You should consider buying a set of wide-bore FAD tips - they are the best tips are ever had!

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #23,279 of 106,514

No other IEM can compare with Heavens in emotional involvement they create.
RE-262 comes close, but not as consistently.
Pistons sometimes do as well, but they aren't nearly as good technically.

These magical mids are intoxicating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back