The discovery thread!
Feb 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #21,586 of 106,664
Man, you think we are amateurs around here meng!!! They found it by listening to us...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596094/maxell-hp-cn40-review-the-lost-gem

That was 2/2012 and over a year before Rin's analysis. Remember that WE are the crap here on the Head-fi!!!
(wording style in this post is used with permission of Master Troll Inc.)
ph34r.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #21,587 of 106,664
Lookin for portables, deciding between
Kef 500
Onkyo hf300
B+W p7
Akg 545
Micros 90

Anyone have opinions, looking for
Bass quality, mids, details, sound stage

Love shure 1540, but returned as they are just toolarge for portability, which is whyi leftoff the paul barton phones
sound quality wise these are all going to somewhat similar, signature wise not so much.

M500 has great sub bass and is very linear in sound throughout the sonic range. Due to following European standards this headphone sounds best with an amp. This HP also suffers from a solid grip on the head making it comfortable especially for an on ear but succesptible to falling off your head if you lean forward to much, its isolation is also low due to this.

P7 is comfortable and reasonably secure on he head. It also has decent sub bass but is a bit elevated in the treble which bothers some. It is a solid choice if you can afford it.

K545 has solid sub bass and wonderfully mids with a small spike in the upper mids, treble can be spiky at louder volumes. It is reasonably OK tightness wise but some people have had issues if they have thick framed glasses. Personally I have a thin frame wide arm pair of glasses and have no issues.

Out of these I much prefer the K545 personally. They offer reasonable isolation, an above average sound stage, and offer enough bass to satisfy me while still having great mids and treble. But the other two are also solid headphones in the sound department. I would say M500 is most neutral, then K545, then P7.

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #21,588 of 106,664
  I have to say I'm not impressed at all with the pistons. Yeah, for the 21 bucks I paid they are decent but they are nowhere near the claims that they can hang with the best sub-$100 iems let alone the claims that they are better than even more expensive ones. I'll burn them in and do some tip rolling but so far I can't figure on what basis some people decided these are so good when IMO the Deltas are a lot better and the Pistons can't touch any of the vsonic models.
Quote:
Around 15th too and I chose the free shipping option on ibuygou coz I new from other people in my country that they had received theirs within 20 days from ordering with the free option.

I dunno man, I don't miss my VSD1LE much, and I couldn't even give away the Delta (I tried).

With some Sony hybrids, some time, and some slight EQ, nothing touches the Pistons for $20 right now.

The Somic MH415 and Pistons are my gym go-to sets, and the Havi Pro/Astrotec AX35 are my home/train ride sets.

The AX35 also sounds stellar with some bass boost. It really fills out the sound.

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #21,589 of 106,664
  I dunno man, I don't miss my VSD1LE much, and I couldn't even give away the Delta (I tried).

With some Sony hybrids, some time, and some slight EQ, nothing touches the Pistons for $20 right now.

The Somic MH415 and Pistons are my gym go-to sets, and the Havi Pro/Astrotec AX35 are my home/train ride sets.

The AX35 also sounds stellar with some bass boost. It really fills out the sound.

You do realize that you need to update the first line of your your signature
wink_face.gif
!

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #21,597 of 106,664
And that's where the cookies crumble
biggrin.gif

....but where are the little post it notes that say Mochill 2014 on them. You still haven't proved you own these phones! Those photos could have come from anywhere.

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #21,598 of 106,664

Users who are viewing this thread

Back