The discovery thread!
Feb 10, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #21,616 of 106,566
Awesome sf. An hour was all I could handle cuz my ears were aching so looking forward to the mod. I think Wayne will welcome your mod too when it clamps on his head.

^ Yeppp dead exact sentiments. After an hour or so the stock pads despite they are really soft/comfy initially hurts like a mofo as most on ears are. But with my pad over pad mod i can wear these over 2+ hours and the hurt is MUCH MUCH less.

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #21,617 of 106,566

^ Yeppp dead exact sentiments. After an hour or so the stock pads despite they are really soft/comfy initially hurts like a mofo as most on ears are. But with my pad over pad mod i can wear these over 2+ hours and the hurt is MUCH MUCH less.

Wimps!

Easy solution *for people with glasses*

Glasses_off.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #21,618 of 106,566
^And if that doesn't work for you, just get contacts. 
cool.gif

You know you're an audiophile when you get contacts so your headphones can be more comfortable.

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #21,619 of 106,566
I listened to the Mikros 90 today for about an hour fresh out of the box and was thoroughly impressed. Kef500 level is what I gathered. Unfortunately it will be moving on to its rightful owner right away.

biggrin.gif

Quote:
  Oh and i hope my modded T50RPs will be back by then, so.......................
size]

Oh, so you're gonna be one of those guys too??? Oh yeah, me too :)

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #21,620 of 106,566
Mochill mentioned earlier in the thread that he enjoyed the details in the Monster Vektr. So for anybody wanting a pair woot is selling them for $40.

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #21,621 of 106,566
  Wimps!

Easy solution *for people with glasses*

Glasses_off.gif

+
  ^And if that doesn't work for you, just get contacts
cool.gif

You know you're an audiophile when you get contacts so your headphones can be more comfortable.

^ OR even better just wear/ put your glasses ON TOP of the pads cuz the cups are so small. No need to worry about breaking the seal and glasses getting squished/ hence pain from clamp.

ehhh Twi-Hard much.
rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif

Oh, so you're gonna be one of those guys too??? Oh yeah, me too :)

^
beerchug.gif

Hurry OH GREAT KOOKY ONE!!! :)

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #21,622 of 106,566
^ OR even better just wear/ put your glasses ON TOP of the pads cuz the cups are so small. No need to worry about breaking the seal and glasses getting squished/ hence pain from clamp.

ehhh Twi-Hard much. :rolleyes:
:p

ORRRR

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #21,623 of 106,566
Mochill mentioned earlier in the thread that he enjoyed the details in the Monster Vektr. So for anybody wanting a pair woot is selling them for $40.

^ Thought it was those headphones. I gots to say they are pretty sexcee lookin' cans those Vektrs. But it's by Monster so......... YUCK!!!

Yeah i is hipster like that.
tongue.gif

^ LMAO you know what i was looking for those FOR THE LONGEST tyme but ya' me being Asian and our flat noses/ bridges these things ain't gonna clip on that well. Tried a cheap schiity set that was similar to the one that was worn by Morpheous and lets just say had to return them. 
redface.gif

You know any places that sells those that are in good quality??? Cuz people say it's best to find them in flee markets where they can be had for cheap but those style are kind wayyyy too old school. haha

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #21,625 of 106,566
^ LMAO you know what i was looking for those FOR THE LONGEST tyme but ya' me being Asian and our flat noses/ bridges these things ain't gonna clip on that well. Tried a cheap schiity set that was similar to the one that was worn by Morpheous and lets just say had to return them. :xf_eek:

Sadly, I have no clue where to buy a nice set from. I'd ask my eye-doctor, but I don't think he would know either.

Speaking of Morpheous. I feel this could be applied to headphones. "Take the *Insert Headphones* and go back to the 'audio' you know, You take the *Insert Headphones* and you'll never look at audio the same way again."

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob-wn52Dkmk[/VIDEO]

EDIT:

Working on my Moshi & Om Audio reviews this week. I got some messages on a couple of sites about my TH-7BB review being too long so I will try to keep them under a thousand words this time.

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #21,627 of 106,566
Sadly, I have no clue where to buy a nice set from. I'd ask my eye-doctor, but I don't think he would know either.

Speaking of Morpheous. I feel this could be applied to headphones. "Take the *Insert Headphones* and go back to the 'audio' you know, You take the *Insert Headphones* and you'll never look at audio the same way again."

EDIT:

Working on my Moshi & Om Audio reviews this week. I got some messages on a couple of sites about my TH-7BB review being too long so I will try to keep them under a thousand words this time.

^ Ffffffffffffffffffffffff do want!!! Those shades that is.
cool.gif

Great, can't wait for that write-up.
popcorn.gif

Try to not over do it with the gifs this round or else it's gonna' get deleted again. LMAO
bigsmile_face.gif
  BTW PATENT PENDING!!!
tongue.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #21,628 of 106,566
Good call on the AKG K323. They sound great out of the box. The damn things are nearly microscopic in size though. For the $27 I paid, they are well worth it so far..

Resistance is dying, must resist, MUST RESIST.

Quick, AB them with something and tell me how much they pale in comparison.

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #21,629 of 106,566

For such small drivers, they have big bass like the Pistons, and a warm signature. Great clarity across most of the spectrum, with what I think is some recessed mids. Using stock tips though, so I'll try more later.

They really are uncomfortably small though. I feel like they are gonna get stuck in my ear at some point.

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #21,630 of 106,566

For such small drivers, they have big bass like the Pistons, and a warm signature.Great clarity across most of the spectrum, with what I think is some recessed mids. Using stock tips though, so I'll try more later.

:p Sounds like every IEM I currently own. Now I'm really wondering how they're going to fare after a little more time with them. If they're just on the Piston level I think I'll pass, but if they're a step above them I think I might spend some of the amazon money I get on my b-day (March 14th) on them.

They really are uncomfortably small though. I feel like they are gonna get stuck in my ear at some point.

Dats how I like them; deeply inserted into my skull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back