The discovery thread!
Jan 27, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #20,581 of 106,738
I'm still waiting for my order. I'm worried I'd get the enhanced version because the seller had no idea. What was the packaging of the pro version?

The packaging is exactly the same. No way to tell. Just like how Hifiman and Audeze have 3+ versions and you don't know what you get.

The only way to tell by ear.... if you have RE-400 level bass, you have the pro version. If it is much stronger than that, you don't.

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #20,583 of 106,738
  Nice write up! I'm still waiting for you to breakdown and buy the Pistons. 
deadhorse.gif

haha don't think i need those pistons since i already have enough iems to mess around with, but i might cop a set if i see one on the sales forums, but ya' never know. Plus it's Lunar New Years in Asia and everything comes to a halt so no point in buying them now......

Well, I did find the old package with the 4 sizes of single flange tips, the bi-flanges and the cord manager on amazon available from 4 sellers http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007Z7YEVC/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

+

Great discovery SF! I'll try and get my hands on those Auvio tips...

+
  Dang! those Auvio Tips are not available for OZ customers 
mad.gif

I do have Auvio stock tips from a cheapo Auvio IEM. Are they the same? They don't have coloured sleeves... just all black.

+
  I won't, as those clowns only ship inside the US. I've wanted to buy those tips so often.

Yeah, the one drawback to the clear tips is the shallow insertion and fragile seal. I'd like to be able to push them in a bit deeper.

^ Welp if ya''ll are interested in getting these tips and trust my ears i can buy them and help ship them out. Shipping shouldn't be too bad if i toss away the packaging and just put tips in a regular mailing envelope.

Looks like radioshack only sells them i sets of 2s as a pack, not 3 as i originally thought, which is kinda sucks cuz compared to the original variety packs was like only $8 or something. : (

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19103306&prodFindSrc=cart

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18352026&prodFindSrc=cart

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19183876&locale=en_US

Hmmm looky someone must have been reading this thread last night, cuz noticed that a set was just sold off on ebay today for only $4
eek.gif
, which is a damn sweet price for the variety pack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auvio-Silicone-Tips-and-Cord-Manager-/301076542087?nma=true&si=VPwS9O08CIo7VThWd0uwczpTcxc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Anywho if anyone is interested and wants me to help them buy/ ship them out to ya', just give me a PM.

But i would like to get ericps take on them 1st since he has both the DN1Ks and these auvio tips so.....
popcorn.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #20,584 of 106,738
  X2

And just like wayne, I'm also getting into jazz a bit. Last night I got to hear some jazz from a headphone reviewer which i thought was good. I believe his name was Dale Thorn, not about him though as I enjoyed the "David Hazeltine - Fur Elise" song quite a bit. Looking into more songs, so I hope you'll help some of us that are new to jazz. (Directed at doctor jazz, eric, and others).

Will help you along the way bro! 

I did not know this ericp10! Very cool!
beerchug.gif

Yeah, can't reveal everything my friend...lol  But a little bit comes out with time. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #20,585 of 106,738

Hmmm looky someone must have been reading this thread last night, cuz noticed that a set was just sold off on ebay today for only $4
eek.gif
, which is a damn sweet price for the variety pack.

Guess who was the one who bought them... this guy :)  Couldn't pass them up for $4. They look exactly like my Sony Hybrids, which are also stellar.

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #20,587 of 106,738
Oh on an another COMPLETELY random and unrelated note, man oh man this movie looks like it's gonna kick some serious arse boi!!!
triportsad.gif
Pun intended.

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/01/sundance-2014-review-the-raid-2-sets-a-new-highpoint-for-violent-action-cinema.html

D'YAM i haven't even seen the original yet, but will sure do now. A must for action buffs.

HYPED!!!
popcorn.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #20,588 of 106,738
  Oh on an another COMPLETELY random and unrelated note, man oh man this movie looks like it's gonna kick some serious arse boi!!!
triportsad.gif
Pun intended.

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/01/sundance-2014-review-the-raid-2-sets-a-new-highpoint-for-violent-action-cinema.html

D'YAM i haven't even seen the original yet, but will sure do now. A must for action buffs.

HYPED!!!
popcorn.gif

Yeah, the first one was pretty good if you enjoy watching people beating each other violently - I do.

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #20,590 of 106,738
  Yeah, the first one was pretty good if you enjoy watching people beating each other violently - I do.

DO I!!!
deadhorse.gif

But hopefully not too bloody though.
triportsad.gif

Where'd you buy your Havi B3 from bhazard?
Taobao?

Don't even ask, they seems to have DONE GOOF'D big tyme with their tuning all over the place with 3 different sets that can't even be distinguished apart besides hearing them for yourself.

Seems like they had a winner in that "pro" version which bhazard praised so much, but then they went for a more muddy consumer friendly sound at the end it seems so new sets might all sound like schiit as bhazard just posted.

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #20,591 of 106,738
  Where'd you buy your Havi B3 from bhazard?
Taobao?

The Havi store on Taobao. I bought all 3 versions they offered, with the newest one still on the way.

The original two versions were "enhanced" and "pro". I rave about the pro, but I just got the enhanced today and I'm not liking it. Nowhere near as clear. Caters to the Beats crowd.

If the new version sounds like this, and they will no longer sell the pro tune, it's not worth picking up.

If that's the case, I may tour the pro. It would become a rare item that only a few would get to hear.

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #20,592 of 106,738
  The Havi store on Taobao. I bought all 3 versions they offered, with the newest one still on the way.

The original two versions were "enhanced" and "pro". I rave about the pro, but I just got the enhanced today and I'm not liking it. Nowhere near as clear. Caters to the Beats crowd.

If the new version sounds like this, and they will no longer sell the pro tune, it's not worth picking up.

If that's the case, I may tour the pro. It would become a rare item that only a few would get to hear.

1ST!!!
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #20,593 of 106,738
OK, 24 hours of burn in on the Om InnerPeace iem's, wore them last night (fell asleep with them). Initial impression: really nice ism, wide stage, nice instrument body/timbre, bass good, cymbals/highs seem good as well. Short listen, so far, think I really like them.

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #20,594 of 106,738
OK, 24 hours of burn in on the Om InnerPeace iem's, wore them last night (fell asleep with them). Initial impression: really nice ism, wide stage, nice instrument body/timbre, bass good, cymbals/highs seem good as well. Short listen, so far, think I really like them.

Thanks for your initial impressions of the OM INEARPEACEs...pretty much jives with mine, which have about 60 hours burn in now...
they seem to do exceptionally well with thinner music, acoustic. folk, light rock.  but i wish they had more impact and body for EDM
and multilayered music.  more burn in will tell.  even so, they are a prize for 120$ i paid for them on sale. Listening to Zero Audio
Bassos for OTT EDM, and they are crazy full bodied and live sounding, make my head turn in circles.  not so much clarity and detail
but who cares when your head spins with this kind of music, your brain becomes an amusement park!!!!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back