The discovery thread!
Jan 27, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #20,597 of 106,530
Leo888, 

I did some listening yesterday and today with the Heaven V Aging, S2 and MA750 using the DX50.  I'd advise to download the new firmware 1.28 for the DX50 released today.  Sounds really nice.  

I'll start with the vocals.  The edge goes to the FAD and the S2 comes a close second.  The S2 tends to show some sibilance on occasion but the FAD doesn't.  There's a little more air with the S2 being open but still the FAD's shine a little more.  It has a thicker note and shines with male vocals more over the S2.  The MA750's lag behind both due to the bass being more intrusive and sounds recessed compared.  

Instrument separation is apparent with the S2 and the openness of the sound helps here.  I here it with the MA750's also but I can pinpoint it better with the S2 and FAD.  The FAD's ability to define the instruments places it on top again.  Bass guitar notes sound excellent out of the FAD's.  

The MA750's sound the thickest and the S2 is on the thin side.  The FAD's are between the two.  Bass speed goes to the FAD's then S2 and MA750 last.  I wouldn't call the S2 thin but comparing the three, that's where it's placed.  

The MA750's have that big sound and works well with EDM, trance and is fine with most other genres.  S2's sound fine with most genres too but it excels with female vocals, acoustic and most music that sounds good with lots of air.  The FAD's being somewhere in the middle works well with everything I throw at it.  The key is definition of instruments, vocals and placement is the best here.  I don't find the other two really lacking compared but I enjoy the sound out of the FAD's the most and hear it more clearly.

The FAD's are the only armature driver of the three and also it's only a single driver.  The sound that comes out of it really doesn't sound like any armature driver I've heard.  It sounds more like quads.  I say this because I've heard dual, triple and quads and it reminds me of the TG334 which has quad drivers.  I can't stand thin armature driver sound and my experience with IEM's like the Meelec. A151 which comes to mind just blew any confidence I had with single armature drivers.  I realize there's plenty out there that are more than capable I haven't heard but it's a point of reference for me.  It has the clarity of an armature driver but shows authority and pure sonic enjoyment I get from dynamic drivers.  

The FAD's are the best balanced without recession in any frequency and I don't hear any frequencies that are overly tuned.  It's definitely not flat sounding because I can't stand that type of sound either.  I think many would enjoy this sound and it's my new mid-tier point of reference.  

I enjoy it as much as the H3 and more so than the Doppio's.  All three sound nothing alike so that's another comparison for someone more capable which I'm sure will do down the road.  

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #20,598 of 106,530
  Leo888, 

I did some listening yesterday and today with the Heaven V Aging, S2 and MA750 using the DX50.  I'd advise to download the new firmware 1.28 for the DX50 released today.  Sounds really nice.  

I'll start with the vocals.  The edge goes to the FAD and the S2 comes a close second.  The S2 tends to show some sibilance on occasion but the FAD doesn't.  There's a little more air with the S2 being open but still the FAD's shine a little more.  It has a thicker note and shines with male vocals more over the S2.  The MA750's lag behind both due to the bass being more intrusive and sounds recessed compared.  

Instrument separation is apparent with the S2 and the openness of the sound helps here.  I here it with the MA750's also but I can pinpoint it better with the S2 and FAD.  The FAD's ability to define the instruments places it on top again.  Bass guitar notes sound excellent out of the FAD's.  

The MA750's sound the thickest and the S2 is on the thin side.  The FAD's are between the two.  Bass speed goes to the FAD's then S2 and MA750 last.  I wouldn't call the S2 thin but comparing the three, that's where it's placed.  

The MA750's have that big sound and works well with EDM, trance and is fine with most other genres.  S2's sound fine with most genres too but it excels with female vocals, acoustic and most music that sounds good with lots of air.  The FAD's being somewhere in the middle works well with everything I throw at it.  The key is definition of instruments, vocals and placement is the best here.  I don't find the other two really lacking compared but I enjoy the sound out of the FAD's the most and hear it more clearly.

The FAD's are the only armature driver of the three and also it's only a single driver.  The sound that comes out of it really doesn't sound like any armature driver I've heard.  It sounds more like quads.  I say this because I've heard dual, triple and quads and it reminds me of the TG334 which has quad drivers.  I can't stand thin armature driver sound and my experience with IEM's like the Meelec. A151 which comes to mind just blew any confidence I had with single armature drivers.  I realize there's plenty out there that are more than capable I haven't heard but it's a point of reference for me.  It has the clarity of an armature driver but shows authority and pure sonic enjoyment I get from dynamic drivers.  

The FAD's are the best balanced without recession in any frequency and I don't hear any frequencies that are overly tuned.  It's definitely not flat sounding because I can't stand that type of sound either.  I think many would enjoy this sound and it's my new mid-tier point of reference.  

I enjoy it as much as the H3 and more so than the Doppio's.  All three sound nothing alike so that's another comparison for someone more capable which I'm sure will do down the road.  

Pretty enjoyable read. Nice comparisons, and thanks danny.

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #20,600 of 106,530
Leo888, 

Thanks Danny for taking the time to do the comparison. It's a great read and appreciate that you have covered a lot of grounds with your detailed comparison. Seriously considering the V now along with the Cardas.

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #20,601 of 106,530
Great comparisons Danny! I agree that the definition and weight of each instrument and vocalist in its own space are definitely highlights of the Heaven V.

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #20,602 of 106,530
Thanks Danny for taking the time to do the comparison. It's a great read and appreciate that you have covered a lot of grounds with your detailed comparison. Seriously considering the V now along with the Cardas.

No problem and the Cardas sound real nice too.  

Great comparisons Danny! I agree that the definition and weight of each instrument and vocalist in its own space are definitely highlights of the Heaven V.

Thank you and hopefully more will get on board with this special IEM.  

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #20,603 of 106,530
Gonna give away my pistons because I have no use for them after listening to the em5813:smiley:

^

Leo888, 

^ Is that a open challenge for me??? SEND THEM ALL OVA' NOW!!!
tongue.gif

See post above.
wink.gif

Great impressions as always meng, i have taught you well my young grasshiphoper. : P

Thank you vlenbo.  Always a nice guy.  

Not was nice as me. 
ksc75smile.gif

Fff outta' here with that sappiness bai boi!!! :wink:

... saweee had to be the bad guy but THIS IS DA' DISCOVERY THREAD, WE ROLL HARD OR NO ROLL AT ALL!!!

i was referring to tip rolling....
ph34r.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #20,606 of 106,530

^ Is that a open challenge for me??? SEND THEM ALL OVA' NOW!!!
tongue.gif

See post above.
wink.gif

Great impressions as always meng, i have taught you well my young grasshiphoper. : P

Not was nice as me. 
ksc75smile.gif

Fff outta' here with that sappiness bai boi!!! :wink:

eee had to be the bad guy but THIS IS DA' DISCOVERY THREAD, WE ROLL HARD OR NO ROLL AT ALL!!!

i was referring to tip rolling....
ph34r.gif

ds, eric, wayne, and I will give our best to bring you down with that backtalk boy! (Unless wayne will continue his frugality with his purchases :p.)

Thanks to you, I'll definitely work to get those heavens, along with the doppios after selling the im02s probably. 
wink.gif

@DannyBai
I give my best to be a good person, everyone here is just as nice though. Maybe sf is the exception, but thanks! 
wink_face.gif

(jk sf!)

@Leo888
please provide impressions and comparisons as soon as you get them meng! Maybe you can make sf despair and wallow with misery once he realizes what he's missing. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #20,607 of 106,530
  Challenge given, now are you brave enough to accept sf?  

You are stronger willed than the Masta Wayne I realize but...

HE HE HE, you trying to do me in like that Danny???
triportsad.gif

....... nah i is just too scurrrr is all.
redface.gif
I AM NOT WORTHY!!!

MASA' WAYNE don't know schiit, i RUN THINGS HERE!!!
normal_smile .gif

Like i be saying in due tyme meng in due tyme, let nature take its course. :)

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #20,608 of 106,530
  ds, eric, wayne, and I will give our best to bring you down with that backtalk boy! (Unless wayne will continue his frugality with his purchases :p.)

Thanks to you, I'll definitely work to get those heavens, along with the doppios after selling the im02s probably. 
wink.gif

@DannyBai
I give my best to be a good person, everyone here is just as nice though. Maybe sf is the exception, but thanks! 
wink_face.gif

(jk sf!)

@Leo888
please provide impressions and comparisons as soon as you get them meng! Maybe you can make sf despair and wallow with misery once he realizes what he's missing. 
smily_headphones1.gif

^ Saweee to disappoint ya', BUT I AM CHINESE MENG, I WAS BORN CHEAP!!!
tongue.gif
  Masa' WAYNE ain't got nothin' on me. :)

Durrr i is special..............................ed......ition.
ph34r.gif
As in VSD1 LEs boi!!!
wink.gif
  that was bad but oh well. : P

Nuff said regarding the latter.....
... i don't do FADs meng, cuz am TOO HIPSTER FOR HIPSTER.
cool.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #20,609 of 106,530

^ Saweee to disappoint ya', BUT I AM CHINESE MENG, I WAS BORN CHEAP!!!
tongue.gif
  Masa' WAYNE ain't got nothin' on me. :)

Durrr i is special..............................ed......ition.
ph34r.gif
As in VSD1 LEs boi!!!
wink.gif
  that was bad but oh well. : P

Nuff said regarding the latter.....
... i don't do FADs meng, cuz am TOO HIPSTER FOR HIPSTER.
cool.gif

I thought you were brack...

triportsad.gif
 My reality and expectations have now been crushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back