The discovery thread!
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #19,846 of 106,565
  It settles down after 2000 hours of burn-in. 
wink.gif

Better than my recommended 100000000000000000000000000000000 hrs.
wink.gif

while this may be true, still seems odd that they would be listed like that on the site. 

Welp for what is worth, these black and red version are OLD, like really OLD so they might be discontinued??? There is a new red and all black versions so this might have cause these drop in price. Simple supply and demand or they just want to get rid of old stock, i am not surprised by the price tbh, but there are TONs of fakes of these it seems and that was why i asked how legit the site was so........

For $10 it is worth the risk cuz the site seems pretty legit and the reviews as well. It comes with the full retail package as well me thinks.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #19,848 of 106,565
  LOL

So, we're all talking 'bout the JVCs now, eh? Interesting...are they any good? 
biggrin.gif

Hory shet...red cable.

NOPE.

Not that bad to be honest, but I think the pistons you found are better. I have the fx40, so I can't comment on that, but it can't hurt to try though, I remember the carbo nanotube craze here, an astounding amount of hours of burn-in were needed to make them sound their best. I'm not going further than this, otherwise, people will revolt against me for my ideals. 
atsmile.gif

Also...

You got something against this meng?

If it's red alone, I agree. If it's black and red, you and I will have some "Friendly" discussions about the color scheme in a pm probably. 
tongue_smile.gif

and lol to that and a +1 to sf.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #19,849 of 106,565
  while this may be true, still seems odd that they would be listed like that on the site. And all this burn in talk sounds ridiculous, i never usually burn in any of my prior iems, just going to use them and let them burn in by themselves, unless the sound is really that unbearable 

For $10 who knows, you might get burned - hopefully not though. As far as the burn is concerned, they are just having fun with you. The fx3x's aren't carbon nanotube tech, so just listen to them and enjoy them as they improve. 20-40 hours of burn in though wouldn't hurt to settle down the bass etc.

If/when you get a few more bucks saved up, you can consider also getting the Pistons - my guess is that you wouldn't be disappointed and that it might be nice having a 2nd set of iems to play with :)

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #19,850 of 106,565
Not that bad to be honest, but I think the pistons you found are better. I have the fx40, so I can't comment on that, but it can't hurt to try though, I remember the carbo nanotube craze here, an astounding amount of hours of burn-in were needed to make them sound their best. I'm not going further than this, otherwise, people will revolt against me for my ideals. :atsmile:   

Also...

You got something against this meng?

If it's red alone, I agree. If it's black and red, you and I will have some "Friendly" discussions about the color scheme in a pm probably. :tongue_smile:

Nah. You'll be fine. Me on the other hand, I go on record as saying the CNT is schiit. One million hours of burn in does not loosen the CNT diaphragm enough to smooth out those ridiculous aggressive upper mids and lower highs, and the randomness of how they treat track to track mastering, IMHO, doesn't make them worth the time or money. Though I've heard, and I'm curious, that the CNT headphones are actually very high quality at a lower price point, and don't exhibit the sonic "quirks" of the IEM CNT.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #19,853 of 106,565
Nah. You'll be fine. Me on the other hand, I go on record as saying the CNT is schiit. One million hours of burn in does not loosen the CNT diaphragm enough to smooth out those ridiculous aggressive upper mids and lower highs, and the randomness of how they treat track to track mastering, IMHO, doesn't make them worth the time or money. Though I've heard, and I'm curious, that the CNT headphones are actually very high quality at a lower price point, and don't exhibit the sonic "quirks" of the IEM CNT.
Thanks man, I guess I might be okay, lol.

I kind of agree, though they aren't really terrible, just not good for the price point. I would say that cnt iems is as overpriced as my at's build. Not that overpriced though, since they do provide a great SQ, and did provide it back then. Now, things are different, tuning has changed for some of the iems that we bought, and it's good! 

Quote:
  not understanding all the sarcasm? so the ones with the red cord are more prone to being fakes?

hahaha, you'll need to read up on the appreciation threads of the fx40s and fx1x and fx3x series to understand.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #19,854 of 106,565

For $10 who knows, you might get burned - hopefully not though. As far as the burn is concerned, they are just having fun with you. The fx3x's aren't carbon nanotube tech, so just listen to them and enjoy them as they improve. 20-40 hours of burn in though wouldn't hurt to settle down the bass etc.

If/when you get a few more bucks saved up, you can consider also getting the Pistons - my guess is that you wouldn't be disappointed and that it might be nice having a 2nd set of iems to play with :)

to be honest just wanted one pair of budget iems to use at the gym, and also while playing basketball. i am looking for a higher end IEM for other everyday uses such as school and around the house but will wait until these come in before i buy another pair

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #19,855 of 106,565
  not understanding all the sarcasm? so the ones with the red cord are more prone to being fakes?

EVERYTHING is FAKED in CHINA, cuz they are Made in China. But the ones with the all red cables is the oldest version hence they were 1st ones to be faked by the lovely Chinese people god bless them. But the newer red/ all black versions seems less likely but i am sure there are fakes as well since well ya' know JVC is a brand name and the Chinese loves to fake brand names.

Oh btw fasttech seems pretty legit base on their seller ratings....
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/FastTech

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #19,856 of 106,565
  to be honest just wanted one pair of budget iems to use at the gym, and also while playing basketball. i am looking for a higher end IEM for other everyday uses such as school and around the house but will wait until these come in before i buy another pair

JVC for the gym, pistons for a mid-fi IEM.

Doppios and im02s for a higher end IEM.

OR.....

the xba-h3s for the highest quality IEM experience of your life! :xf_eek:

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #19,857 of 106,565
  JVC for the gym, pistons for a mid-fi IEM.

Doppios and im02s for a higher end IEM.

OR.....

the xba-h3s for the highest quality IEM experience of your life! :xf_eek:

Nasty! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #19,858 of 106,565
Pistons are by far the best under $30 iem I've heard so far. Burn in does wonders for these cheap bangers. The sound is so engaging. I don't agree that these aren't basshead iems, but there are different levels of basshead phones. These are on the least heavy end as basshead earphones go. The whole sound spectrum is nicely balanced. Not trying to hype them, but just a nice sounding earphone. I would trust ibuygou.com the most when purchasing. They seem to be the company's official seller.

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #19,860 of 106,565
  not feeling good about that fasttech site for some reason. is there anywhere i can buy the fx3x for less than 30 that guarantees me a legit pair? if so id rather do that and get them faster as well.

I got mine from ebay seller pandjshop, but I just checked and they don't appear to have any fx3x's now.

Btw, make sure they show a picture of the packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back