The discovery thread!
Jan 20, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #19,831 of 106,551
  ^ if they are real then it's an amazing price for them. How trust worthy is that site anyways???

This is how i rank them. :)

​
IEMs: MEElectronics M9< TDK MT-300 < Tt isurus < monoprice iem< Brainwavz beta v2 < JVC HA-FX101< Sennheiser CX250< Apple earpods< JVC HA-FX40 < RHA MA-350 = Philips SHE5105< JVC HA-FX3X< Corecool V2 = ATH CKS77X< JVC HA-FXD70< Phillips SHE9700< Sony MH1C < ATH CKN70< VSonic VC02 = JVC HA-FXD80 < VSonic VSD1 = Sony XB90EX = Zero Audio Basso < JVC FXZ200 < Sony XBA3 < VSonic GR07 BE ~ VSonic VSD1 LE (Limited Edition) = ATH CKS1000 <~ KEF M200

MT300's aren't at the bottom - WHEW!!! 
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #19,832 of 106,551

Well, if you are truly a basshead, then the fx3x's definitely might fit the bill for you. And they are built like a tank (same with the cable). I have enjoyed them many times at the gym, although as I said, the bass can become a bit much for my wimpy ears.

Having said that, many people that I trust are saying that the Pistons are worth WAY more than their price and also have some great bass. I have no idea about their durability though.

They've survived quite a few yanks so far, but beware when accidentally yanking the silicone part of the cable. Durability is pretty iffy there, but no problems so far.

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #19,833 of 106,551
not sure how reliable the site is which is why im posting here. however doing a lot of research on it i have found no reason to believe that they are fake as they have received many great reviews. Yes i agree there are better iems, but if those are the real deal at that price than i feel like i cant go wrong. like i said i dont want to shell out a bunch of money for iems (sony xb90ex) that i end up breaking at the gym.

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #19,834 of 106,551

Well, if you are truly a basshead, then the fx3x's definitely might fit the bill for you. And they are built like a tank (same with the cable). I have enjoyed them many times at the gym, although as I said, the bass can become a bit much for my wimpy ears.

Having said that, many people that I trust are saying that the Pistons are worth WAY more than their price and also have some great bass. I have no idea about their durability though.

i love rap, and have 2 12" subs in my car. not sure what qualifies one to be a basshead though haha. but you have convinced me to decide between these fx3xs and the pistons, guess i have a little more research to do..

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #19,835 of 106,551

MT300's aren't at the bottom - WHEW!!! 
wink.gif

^ Welp for what is worth they bests the Mee M9s.
wink.gif

not sure how reliable the site is which is why im posting here. however doing a lot of research on it i have found no reason to believe that they are fake as they have received many great reviews. Yes i agree there are better iems, but if those are the real deal at that price than i feel like i cant go wrong. like i said i dont want to shell out a bunch of money for iems (sony xb90ex) that i end up breaking at the gym.

For what you intend to use them for it's are a no brainer, in fact get like 3 sets cuz of such a great price. LoL

DEWITTT!!!

edit: it might seem they are not as good as the Sony XB90EX by a large margin according to my ranking (due to mostly personal bias/ preferences ) but they can more than hang with them. The FX3X is more V-shaped, brighter in the treble region and bass does not sound as refined as the 90EXs but it ain't that far behind.

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #19,836 of 106,551

edit: it might seem they are not as good as the Sony XB90EX by a large margin according to my ranking (due to mostly personal bias/ preferences ) but they can more than hang with them. The FX3X is more V-shaped, brighter in the treble region and bass does not sound as refined as the 90EXs but it ain't that far behind.

the fx3x is a different monster compared to the xb90. the fx3x are much much, much cleaner. treble is bright and bass is stronger while remaining clean. fx3x are much more believable and true to the sound unlike the euphoric xb90.

the pistons are making me curious... would still love to see some comparisons

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #19,837 of 106,551
are the pistons really that great though, i am willing to shell out $30 or whatever but i read alot of good about the fx3x in terms of how good they are for a basshead and also their durability... i need new iems for the gym as my incapsule 30015s are beginning to break in one ear. thanks for your input!

The Piston are NOT a bass head IEM. They have quality and quantity bass in abundance, but if you are wanting that sub woofer bass fart like the aforementioned JVC's, then stick with the JVC.

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #19,838 of 106,551
  the fx3x is a different monster compared to the xb90. the fx3x are much much, much cleaner. treble is bright and bass is stronger while remaining clean. fx3x are much more believable and true to the sound unlike the euphoric xb90.

the pistons are making me curious... would still love to see some comparisons

Yeppp agreed there, the FX3Xs seems to have more of that conventional "basshead" V-shape sound siggy, while the 90EXs despite their big bass, esp. sub bass sounds to me more balanced overall, or should i say a balanced audiophile basshead iem???
rolleyes.gif

Oh and have always wanted to ask, what do peps mean when the say "euphoric".
confused.gif
I take it means a good thing but kinda confused what it's meant is all.....

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #19,839 of 106,551
+1 to all for the help. thanks for all the useful and timely responses, didnt know that the fx3x could be praised with the higher end bass head iems such as the sony xb90ex, seems like that would be impossible due to the price differences. pulled the trigger though, thanks again

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #19,840 of 106,551
  +1 to all for the help. thanks for all the useful and timely responses, didnt know that the fx3x could be praised with the higher end bass head iems such as the sony xb90ex, seems like that would be impossible due to the price differences. pulled the trigger though, thanks again

^ Sure thing, let us know if they are the real dealios when you get them in. I am sure you can tell by how it sounds, but i bet they also require some nice burn-in to optimize their sound as well. Don't forget the mandatory 100000000000000000000000000000000 hrs.
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #19,841 of 106,551
one thing that concerns me though is on the site it lists "FX3X treble" and "FX1X Bass" as the two options. Pretty sure these two models are not distinguished like this as they are not listed like that on any other website/review i have ever seen. From what i thought i know is that the FX3X is just the newer, better built version. Dont want to wait 15 days for a fake product and deal with all that hassle.  Guess i have to, and will definitely let you all know. Im sure if they are legit we will all buy them up haha!

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #19,842 of 106,551
  one thing that concerns me though is on the site it lists "FX3X treble" and "FX1X Bass" as the two options. Pretty sure these two models are not distinguished like this as they are not listed like that on any other website/review i have ever seen. Dont want to wait 15 days for a fake product and deal with all that hassle.  

Nah if you own the FX1Xs, the FX3Xs is a COMPLETE upgrade on all accounts. The FX1Xs sound like a ultra poor mans version of them with that crazy harsh/bright/ sibilant treble and not refined bass. The treble of the FX3Xs is nowhere as crazy but still can be a bit bright/ peaky at times.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #19,843 of 106,551

Nah if you own the FX1Xs, the FX3Xs is a COMPLETE upgrade on all accounts. The FX1Xs sound like a ultra poor mans version of them with that crazy harsh/bright/ sibilant treble and not refined bass. The treble of the FX3Xs is nowhere as crazy but still can be a bit bright/ peaky at times.

It settles down after 2000 hours of burn-in. 
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #19,844 of 106,551

while this may be true, still seems odd that they would be listed like that on the site. And all this burn in talk sounds ridiculous, i never usually burn in any of my prior iems, just going to use them and let them burn in by themselves, unless the sound is really that unbearable 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back