The discovery thread!
Apr 10, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #35,311 of 102,924
Just got my BGVP DM5's out after been listening to the Kinera Seed's for a few days, stuck on some deep house and WOW! Go even deeper than my TFZ Exclusive 5's

Apr 10, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #35,315 of 102,924
New iem. If you would like to take one for headfi. I am sure others would like to read your impressions of them. This is how we discover new phones.

magaosi-x3-700x700.jpg

• 25db sound insulation, creating comfortable personal music space ,
  • Custom gold-plated plug
  • Copper and silver-plated mixed hand-woven cable
  • Unique frequency-division technology
  • Knowles and custom balanced armature
  • Imported resin material and handmade cavity
Specification

• Model: X3
  • Driver: 3 Balanced Armatures (Knowles 22955 , 2968 , 33518)
  • Impedance: 21ohm
  • Frequency response: 20 Hz-20000 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 118db
  • Distortion:≤1%
  • L&R channel balance sensitivity:≤2db
  • Max input power : 10mw
  • Cable Length: 120cm
  • Wire material: copper and silver-plated mixed cable
  • Connector: MMCX
  • Plug: 3.5mm gold-plated
Package

• Magaosi X3
  • Magaosi B3 MMCX Bluetooth cable
  • 8 pairs of silicone eartips
  • Carry case

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #35,316 of 102,924
OK, I swapped the cable on this MP-220 and tried some of my own tips and that resolved all comfort and ergonomic issues for me. Have to say that right now this IEM is one of the best IEM's I have owned musically speaking. It's been a while since I have owned anything that made me notice something new in my music and these are doing that in spades. I would not have believed I could hear this much detail from simple dynamic drivers but I have been surprised several times today and the sound stage is simply superb.

These are not for the faint of heart though as I suspect most would find the default cable and tips insufficient but for those willing to mine their stock of cables and tips I think this IEM would impress the hell out of you.

So DS which affordable silver coated Android cable would your recommend? It's that or I am going to just buy the brainwavz android MMCX cable or possibly that BTX1 BT cable...

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #35,317 of 102,924
New iem. If you would like to take one for headfi. I am sure others would like to read your impressions of them. This is how we discover new phones.

magaosi-x3-700x700.jpg

• 25db sound insulation, creating comfortable personal music space ,
  • Custom gold-plated plug
  • Copper and silver-plated mixed hand-woven cable
  • Unique frequency-division technology
  • Knowles and custom balanced armature
  • Imported resin material and handmade cavity
Specification

• Model: X3
  • Driver: 3 Balanced Armatures (Knowles 22955 , 2968 , 33518)
  • Impedance: 21ohm
  • Frequency response: 20 Hz-20000 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 118db
  • Distortion:≤1%
  • L&R channel balance sensitivity:≤2db
  • Max input power : 10mw
  • Cable Length: 120cm
  • Wire material: copper and silver-plated mixed cable
  • Connector: MMCX
  • Plug: 3.5mm gold-plated
Package

• Magaosi X3
  • Magaosi B3 MMCX Bluetooth cable
  • 8 pairs of silicone eartips
  • Carry case

No hybrid? That's a little unusual these day's isn't it?

Apr 11, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #35,318 of 102,924
Just curious: what do you mean by "normal BT is an insufferable mess"?

sorry if this is a little off topic, I originally replied to the MEE post, I would love a MEE or ATH BT headphones as I really like how they sound but I hate how badly BT works.

the slowness in connecting, having to disconnect before connecting to another device, connections that drop, it just feels so beta and primitive.
I hated my beats studio before W1, I had the connection brake and it left my phone playing through its speakers on a full rush hour train, never used them again afterwards besides a few times on a long flight just for the noice cancelation.

e.g. if I take them out now and turn them on they will connect to a random( last used?) device and hence 2 out of 3 I have no sound on what I want to play, that means I have to disconnect them on 1 of my other devices, then I have to go in BT settings on the device I want to use and connect them again. Why would anyone go through this? How is this an improvement over a wired headphone that was just plug and play?
I can't believe I spend 300 euros on a headphone that embarrassed me on the train and makes me go hunt through settings on several devices before I can use it.

W1 is fast and flawless, I hope one day all BT will be like this.
The new beats studio with w1 are a joy to use, not my preferred sound signature, but the connection technology is perfect switching between iPad, iPhone and my Mac is easy and instant.

Apr 11, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #35,319 of 102,924
On a different note, I am going to but Final e5000/e4000 in Japan next month, I will let you know what I think about them.
Might also get a f4100/f7200 to compare, my earshells are completely deformed from wrestling and a lot of good IEM hurt my ears physically, the final audio shape seems like a great solution for me.

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #35,320 of 102,924
Thanks DS all of those look great I will think about which way to go.

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #35,321 of 102,924
No hybrid? That's a little unusual these day's isn't it?

Ya it is almsot counter intuitive to not bring out a hybrid now a days. But no reason why you can't have a great sounding earphone with 3 BAs.

Thanks DS all of those look great I will think about which way to go.

Seems the mods have been active cleanind up the thread this morning. PM me if need some links to them cables.

Apr 11, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #35,322 of 102,924
Ya it is almsot counter intuitive to not bring out a hybrid now a days. But no reason why you can't have a great sounding earphone with 3 BAs.

One of my favourites was the old westone 3. Actually tempted to give this one a try. Most of the hybrid stuff wouldn't have the isolation I need where I work (where I listen to music most of the time).

See Penon have these in stock. How long does it take to ship to europe?

Thanks

Apr 11, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #35,323 of 102,924
sorry if this is a little off topic, I originally replied to the MEE post, I would love a MEE or ATH BT headphones as I really like how they sound but I hate how badly BT works.

the slowness in connecting, having to disconnect before connecting to another device, connections that drop, it just feels so beta and primitive.
I hated my beats studio before W1, I had the connection brake and it left my phone playing through its speakers on a full rush hour train, never used them again afterwards besides a few times on a long flight just for the noice cancelation.

e.g. if I take them out now and turn them on they will connect to a random( last used?) device and hence 2 out of 3 I have no sound on what I want to play, that means I have to disconnect them on 1 of my other devices, then I have to go in BT settings on the device I want to use and connect them again. Why would anyone go through this? How is this an improvement over a wired headphone that was just plug and play?
I can't believe I spend 300 euros on a headphone that embarrassed me on the train and makes me go hunt through settings on several devices before I can use it.

W1 is fast and flawless, I hope one day all BT will be like this.
The new beats studio with w1 are a joy to use, not my preferred sound signature, but the connection technology is perfect switching between iPad, iPhone and my Mac is easy and instant.

Thanks for that explanation. I'm okay with the the non-W1 functionality, but after reading your input, I want W1 on everything as well! :)

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #35,324 of 102,924
One of my favourites was the old westone 3. Actually tempted to give this one a try. Most of the hybrid stuff wouldn't have the isolation I need where I work (where I listen to music most of the time).

Thanks

Penon ships much faster that stuff out of Aliexpress. Pending on where your at but 2-3 weeks I would guess. I live in the middle of the US and stuff gets to me a bit less than 2 weeks.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #35,325 of 102,924

Thanks
In addition to what dsnuts already said, you can also opt for the faster shipping service with Penon. It generally costs +$10, but it's quite fast (like 1 week-10 days). Penon is also nice to speak to, to organize things like customs declarations etc.... they really care about their clients, and what they can do to help.

if you're not in much of a hurry, the default shipping service (free) does take around 3 weeks or so, sometimes a bit more (up to 4), sometimes a bit less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back