The discovery thread!
Dec 1, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #40,306 of 99,946
Agreed, they are incredible and was so worth the cash. I am still finding out about their abilities but they do just about everything right. I have to throw them in my ears everyday just to cleanse my ears for a while. Lol, glad they are working well for you.

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #40,307 of 99,946
Thing is, I tried all the 64 audio high ends, including the U18t, U12t, Trio, and Fourte. Loved all of them but especially the Fourte and Trio, but they were past what I was willing to pay.
The Solaris plays in the same boat and is cheaper; I no longer have the earphone lust for those 64 audio high ends.

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #40,309 of 99,946
Why did your BL1 order get cancelled, and where did you originally order yours? I want to order them, but I've seen drastically different prices for them from various sellers and I don't want to just go the cheap route and maybe have something happen to my order.

I cancelled it because they said shipping was going to end up being mid January after i bought them, which I didn't want to deal with honestly.

Dec 1, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #40,310 of 99,946
This is interesting. But this doesn't really surprise me at all. There seems to be 2 versions of the BGVP DMGs. Mine has no vent on the back end of my DMGs. But

HTB1qa24XsfrK1RkSnb4q6xHRFXaY.jpg

These do. Here we have a revision that went unnoticed. These I suspect are the same as NiceHCKs M6. So some of you guys got the new DMGs and some don't. I suspect early adopters of the original DMG got the ones without the vent in the back of the housing. Newer ones will have this little minor detail including the M6.

BGVP has done this before. They released a cheaper hybrid DS1 with a mid forward tuning only to realize it might not be so popular among the international crowd so they retuned it and brought out a 2nd version. Don't know if it is BGVP or the OEM that makes them that is guilty. In any case. The one you want is the one with the vent on the back of the DMGs.

To be on the safe side. Get the NiceHCK version as all of their M6 will be this newer version.
This is pure speculation on your part. This could simply have been a pre-production render. There have been none like this spotted in the wild yet so far as we know. Even if it were somehow better we could not know for certain unless someone trusted was able to test them side by side and preferably add measurements. And this speculation is justification enough for you to urge everybody to buy the HCK M6 instead? Are you a shill or just irresponsible?

Dec 1, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #40,311 of 99,946
Your right I am speculating but I find it strange that there is this new pic for the DMG now with a vent on the housing. It was just speculation on my part due to the prior history of BGVP retuning the DS1 and vendors not letting people know about it. But evidently this is not new practice for Chi fi products.

I own the original DMG with no vent on the back end. Why would there be a new render or something made up with a vent all of a sudden that looks just like the M6 with vent. I have no inside knowledge of any of this but I am just assuming there has been a revision. Sonically the M6 is a cleaner sounding unit over the older DMG too.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #40,312 of 99,946
By the way I promised I was gonna try some cheaper lower end cables I had on the M6. DSC06558.JPG

This SPC cable from NiceHCK cost something like $20. These make the M6 sound noticeably better, clearer from top to bottom not to mention they are in balanced. No real need for $150- $200 cable. Just about anything seems better than what comes with these earphones.

more on the M6 https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-m6.23430/reviews#review-21230

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #40,313 of 99,946
Your right I am speculating but I find it strange that there is this new pic for the DMG now with a vent on the housing. It was just speculation on my part due to the prior history of BGVP retuning the DS1 and vendors not letting people know about it. But evidently this is not new practice for Chi fi products.

I own the original DMG with no vent on the back end. Why would there be a new render or something made up with a vent all of a sudden that looks just like the M6 with vent. I have no inside knowledge of any of this but I am just assuming there has been a revision. Sonically the M6 is a cleaner sounding unit over the older DMG too.

Will nicehck release their own version of DM6?

Dec 2, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #40,314 of 99,946
Dec 2, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #40,315 of 99,946
I'm discouraged. Waiting for the next better one they are gonna make and now they have to go and make a bunch more DM6's making me wait longer! :smiling_imp::upside_down:

I finally found what this one might look like...
Drjx5rcUwAIgIIX.jpg
Saw this one getting announced on Baidu. Couldnt be more excited as I write this down with the Kanas pro in my ears... :ksc75smile:

Dec 2, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #40,316 of 99,946
Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #40,317 of 99,946
Will nicehck release their own version of DM6?

I'm sure that would be cool but it would probably just add to the all ridiculous backlog going on right now. Or if they did, they would probably make driver substitutions and wouldn't be exactly the same. I'm staying away from the DM6 personally. I may consider the DMG/M6 at some point but I'm not in a hurry. My LZ A5 are still sounding great - had a small issue but no major issues for me yet but from the LZ A5 thread, it doesn't look good. I'm looking at a DD - DLC type IEM as my next major purchase so either the Moondrop Kanas Pro or the Ibasso IT01s (the new model coming out soon).

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #40,318 of 99,946
How are you liking your Tansio TSMR3's? I keep looking at them with interest, but haven't been able to read about them very much.
I allow myself to copy paced my comment of another thread to answer your question. It is below.
I can add that I played with different cables in the meantime and found one cheap TRN (with less impedance probably) which lets guitar strings sound more natural.
I like the TSMR-3. One of my three current favourites.
But I have a used Andromeda on its way to me. So, will see, how long the TSMR will stay with me :o2smile:
I have it in my ears right now, too. And read Crabbos review at the same time.
Hear it out of my S9 and M0 with stock cable and spiral dots and with switches all on - 123. This puts out the most natural timbre for me - followed by 103 and 023. Though I wished a very slightly reduced mid bass and instead slightly increased sub bass, too.
I can agree with Crabbos findings on these in general.
What to highlight or to underline?
It has a nice clear and clean presentation.
Instruments sounds almost natural, just almost. E.g. strings are lush but are missing the last 5-10% to be live like in timbre (coming from the clinical base).
Stage and positioning is ok to good. It has natural width and depth but height is a bit too low. I can clearly hear the advantage of the KZ BA10 over the TSMR in this regard.
But this all is criticism on a high level.
It is additionally versatile, of very high production quality and very comfortable.
I think the pricing for the TSMR-3 is realistic and it is a good offer.

I decided not to pull the trigger on the DM6 in favour of the TSMR-3 instead.
Since I don't have the DM6 I would be interested in a direct comparison of these.
Who has both and can give some comparison?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #40,319 of 99,946
I allow myself to copy paced my comment of another thread to answer your question. It is below.
I can add that I played with different cables in the meantime and found one cheap TRN which lets guitar strings sound more natural.
I like the TSMR-3. One of my three current favourites.
But I have a used Andromeda on its way to me. So, will see, how long the TSMR will stay with me :o2smile:
I have been mostly satisfied with the 103 config

Dec 2, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #40,320 of 99,946
M6 use the same housing that is on the DMG with same exact filters. No reason why LZ A5 filters can't work on the M6. IMO your better off spending that $20 towards a better cable. But if you must. A5 filters will work.
Hello.

Thanks for your recommendation.

For now I'm waiting for an 8-core TRN cable to arrive:

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-Mixed-Cable-For-TRN/1825606_32945443691.html

I do not know if it will be necessary to buy a better one, but I have seen this one with 16 cores, which is not very expensive:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...4-4mm-Plug-MMCX-2Pin/1825606_32954926911.html

Although in general, the sound I get from the M6 with the reference filter and the serial cable I already like a lot, is very close to my ideal sound within 200 $.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back