The discovery thread!
Oct 18, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #38,476 of 101,414
Oct 18, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #38,478 of 101,414
I got the JVC FD01, so I tried the Spiral Dots+ ... they're a bit softer, and not bad at all. I still prefer the original ones, though - they seemed to fit my ears better (stayed there and sealed, better). Sonically speaking, I did not find much of a difference, overall.

And I have not found the SD+ anywhere, for sale separately, unfortunately - always good to be able to try new tips ... you never know just what tip will mesh perfectly with a given IEM and one's ears...

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #38,479 of 101,414
To all DM6 owners:

Which ear tips are the best one for the most balanced sound?

Oct 18, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #38,480 of 101,414
Oct 18, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #38,481 of 101,414
For all the JVC Woody lovers! Look what's coming up next month!
JVC is releasing FW 10000 WOOD commemorating the 10th anniversary of Victor WOOD series!
upload_2018-10-18_20-49-2.png

Oct 18, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #38,482 of 101,414
Screw up the reason, i will feed the hype

BGVP DMG IN THE PERSPECTIVE OF A UNTIL NOW ONLY SUB 50$ CHI FI CONSUMER = HOLY ****.

The only thing i will say by now tho. Its my first +100$ earphone so take that grain of salt. But I say that i would pay each dolar again happy. So if you are in that situation: budget seeker of under 50$ iems looking for a step up. You are ok with DMG. I wasn't looking for a miracle, there is no such thing, but i was looking for a upgrade in all areas from a iem like... Trn v80, and i sure got it.

Sounded nice until my right driver crapped out on me. Now I'm struggling to send them back to China (bought through amazon). He only wants me to spend a certain amount on shipping - to be reimbursed - but I can't meet that because he wants tracking too. Guess I have to see what amazon have to say about this.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #38,483 of 101,414
Sounded nice my right driver crapped out on me. Now I'm struggling to send them back to China (bought through amazon). He only wants me to spend a certain amount on shipping - to be reimbursed - but I can't meet that because he wants tracking too. Guess I have to see what amazon have to say about this.
That's why I've moved away from ChiFi for the most part, what a hassle

Oct 18, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #38,484 of 101,414
In wake of the new JVC stuff does anyone have any information on these sexy cans that they showed off?
All i got is the model name HA-WM90
4389905_monospace-jvc-ha-wm90-1.jpg

4389908_monospace-jvc-ha-wm90-2.jpg

4389906_monospace-jvc-ha-wm90-4.jpg

Oct 19, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #38,485 of 101,414
To all DM6 owners:

Which ear tips are the best one for the most balanced sound?
For the ones that come with, I like the "Sony" tips (aqua tube). I think those have a pretty balanced sound. I had previously stated that I liked the Simbio Mandarine tips. These give a pretty balanced sound too, but you lose soundstage width (more compact sounding, you might say "focused" if that's your thing). These brought up the treble section a bit and knocked down the bass a smidge. I liked them, but the DM6 can sound way bigger with other tips. I wanted to preserve a wide soundstage, so I used some thinnish b-flange tips and those sounded huge. Now, I don't usually use EQ (on my Shanling M3s balanced) but I found that a slight "W" made everything sound practically perfect to my ears and it still retained every bit of quality in the sound. I'd say that the mid section became even more apparent in detail, and I loved that. These are very sound shapable, because they start with a good representation in the bass, mids, and treble (treble being right on the cusp).

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #38,486 of 101,414
For all the JVC Woody lovers! Look what's coming up next month!
JVC is releasing FW 10000 WOOD commemorating the 10th anniversary of Victor WOOD series!

that is one beautiful looking earphone

Oct 19, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #38,487 of 101,414
For the ones that come with, I like the "Sony" tips (aqua tube). I think those have a pretty balanced sound. I had previously stated that I liked the Simbio Mandarine tips. These give a pretty balanced sound too, but you lose soundstage width (more compact sounding, you might say "focused" if that's your thing). These brought up the treble section a bit and knocked down the bass a smidge. I liked them, but the DM6 can sound way bigger with other tips. I wanted to preserve a wide soundstage, so I used some thinnish b-flange tips and those sounded huge. Now, I don't usually use EQ (on my Shanling M3s balanced) but I found that a slight "W" made everything sound practically perfect to my ears and it still retained every bit of quality in the sound. I'd say that the mid section became even more apparent in detail, and I loved that. These are very sound shapable, because they start with a good representation in the bass, mids, and treble (treble being right on the cusp).

As of now, I am using the tips that comes with Tennmak Piano and the sound is the most balanced than all the tips comes with DM6. Plus, Piano tips are more comfortable too.

Oct 19, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #38,489 of 101,414
Oct 19, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #38,490 of 101,414
Lol at these new flagships going from $500-600 to $1500-$2500 now.

I am a big Sony and J.V.C fan.
I heard both of the new flagships.

I thought the Sony sounded pretty damn good. I won't make a comment on the J.V.C xcept that I am going to grab another FX1100 because the resale value is going up. I am not paying an extra 20,000yen for 1100's cuz JVC has gone nutz.

The Sony was off a WM1Z playing Simon and Garfunkel
The J.V.C. was off a Hifiman R2R2K playing a Carpenters track.

On a side note...I think the Carpenters are more popular in Japan than they were in America. Wanna hear a Japanese person sing in English? (You don't really...) Get drunk with em, if they are over 30 years old a trip to Karaoke and a Carpenters song is coming for you.

**** DT8

One thing... I think it may have a screen behind the 3 bores which would semi defeat the purpose since no tubes going to the bores would make no sense. They do sound pretty good. Best **** I have heard even if the design is for looks and serves no practical purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back