The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Dec 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #7,981 of 9,815
Quote:
$120 for a headband? That's ridiculous. Lol, yeah I knew that price was too good to be true. Sloppily written description and 11 feedback, eeh. Red flags all over.

More than the headband, due to the very poor condition, I would be worried other parts may be damaged / broken as well. Could be a 'lemon' for a headphone where you have to replace a driver later because the wiring got loose, or something like that. 

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #7,982 of 9,815
Quote:
Since I bought my HD650's from Sennheiser's site, I've been seeing ads for that headphone from various sources on half the webpages I visit lol.

As for the AD700 thing, it's suspicious that it was a mistake considering that they listed the same deal twice. But I racked up positive feedback for buying them, and got refunded, so I'm not too mad about it. Plus, I'm too preoccupied listening to my new Senns
smily_headphones1.gif

And THAT is the reasonable and rational response to the error :) 

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #7,983 of 9,815
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009IZMWYU

Amazon gold box deal, they are regularly $120, gold box until 9am eastern time for $85

Chances are they suck, but I do think they look nice (just not $85 decoration nice, I pass). 

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #7,985 of 9,815
Quote:
$120 for a headband? That's ridiculous. Lol, yeah I knew that price was too good to be true. Sloppily written description and 11 feedback, eeh. Red flags all over.

You'd be surprized how often people leave feedback on Amazon. I've sold over 70 items, and have been very generous when someone has contacted me with a request or issue, yet only five people left me feedback.. The hoops you need to jump through, for amazon  
blink.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #7,986 of 9,815
Quote:
You'd be surprized how often people leave feedback on Amazon. I've sold over 70 items, and have been very generous when someone has contacted me with a request or issue, yet only five people left me feedback.. The hoops you need to jump through, for amazon  
blink.gif

I sell on Amazon as well so I know what you mean. I've sold somewhat over 100 items but the difference is that I send out feedback requests, making sure the order went well. I've had 31 people leave me feedback, with only my first sale being negatively reviewed (because the guy didn't read the description). I prefer Amazon over Ebay though, I know their system better and Ebay feels sketchier. Amazon has unbeatable customer service.

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #7,987 of 9,815
Quote:
I sell on Amazon as well so I know what you mean. I've sold somewhat over 100 items but the difference is that I send out feedback requests, making sure the order went well. I've had 31 people leave me feedback, with only my first sale being negatively reviewed (because the guy didn't read the description). I prefer Amazon over Ebay though, I know their system better and Ebay feels sketchier. Amazon has unbeatable customer service.

How do you send out feedback requests? Does Amazon have that feature built in or anything?

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #7,988 of 9,815
Quote:
How do you send out feedback requests? Does Amazon have that feature built in or anything?

If you go to messages and select the type of e-mail you want to send, there's a section for feedback. Essentially, I tell them that I hope they got their item, tell me if you have any problems, thanks for ordering, and here's the link to the feedback page. Overwhelmingly, they give better reviews because the buyers love getting feedback, ex: I'll let them know if there's something weird showing up in the tracking info, like it wasn't delivered on time, etc.

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #7,989 of 9,815
Quote:
If you go to messages and select the type of e-mail you want to send, there's a section for feedback. Essentially, I tell them that I hope they got their item, tell me if you have any problems, thanks for ordering, and here's the link to the feedback page. Overwhelmingly, they give better reviews because the buyers love getting feedback, ex: I'll let them know if there's something weird showing up in the tracking info, like it wasn't delivered on time, etc.

Thanks. I never even knew that was there! Amazon sure doesn't make it easy. 

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #7,992 of 9,815
Quote:
As for the AD700 thing, it's suspicious that it was a mistake considering that they listed the same deal twice.

There are programs that automate eBay listings.  I felt the same way as you when I tried to buy bass guitar that was typo-priced.  It also being on eBay for the price made me think it wasn't, but my order was cancelled, and the mistake was verified by the vendor.

Quote:

Looks like you can get $20 off of $150 with code TWEET20 Not sure if it's stackable....

Nice avatar!

Anyone looking to buy from Hello Music should read their policies before placing an order.  They handle the warranty on non-auth items, and they don't ship immediately.  That said, I've received excellent post-sale service from them.

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #7,993 of 9,815
just in case anybody was wondering, I ordered some parts from Sennheiser a couple of months ago, here's some of the prices:

HD600 Driver = $62.95 each
HD650 Driver = $44.xx each

HD600 grill cover = $12 each
HD650 grill cover = $42 each

HD600 headband assembly $77.xx  part no. 059570
HD650 headband assembly $98.13 part no. 549347
...additional parts are listed on the Sennheiser USA website(cable,earpads, and headband cushion)

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #7,994 of 9,815
Quote:
just in case anybody was wondering, I ordered some parts from Sennheiser a couple of months ago, here's some of the prices:

...additional parts are listed on the Sennheiser USA website(cable,earpads, and headband cushion)

Thanks for the info! I was going off of something I read in a different thread. I'm shocked that a DRIVER costs the same as a piece of metal...

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #7,995 of 9,815
Quote:

HD600 Driver = $62.95 each

HD600 grill cover = $12 each
HD650 grill cover = $42 each

HD600 headband assembly $77.xx  part no. 059570

Huh so if an HD600 driver blows then you can get an HD650/600 Frankenstein 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back