The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Dec 6, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #7,966 of 9,815
...speaking of conspiracies...

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #7,967 of 9,815
received notice of 30% off Koss headphones with code JM2012...looked at site, not all phones I read about on Head-Fi listed (no BA-200, though I didn't look very hard), some favorites are there.

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #7,969 of 9,815
Quote:
Amazon is going to take over the world, I believe...I purchased the Senn 650's from Sennheiser during their Black Friday deal, and got an email from Amazon this morning that "people who bought the Sennheiser HD650 would want to know that the lowest price used now is $390", so there it is if anyone is interested. Amazon must have a hand in Sennheiser's fulfillment of the order, they know everything. Not sure why I need to know about purchasing a 2nd set, but that's the computer algorithm, I suppose.

Big river is now big brother?

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #7,971 of 9,815
For all Canadians:

Dell.ca has the Belkin PureAV PF30 on sale for $59.99

With RFD cashback (4%) and PayPal cash back (5%), that's $54.59.

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/days_of_deals?c=ca&cs=cadhs1&l=en

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #7,975 of 9,815
Quote:
Amazon is going to take over the world, I believe...I purchased the Senn 650's from Sennheiser during their Black Friday deal, and got an email from Amazon this morning that "people who bought the Sennheiser HD650 would want to know that the lowest price used now is $390", so there it is if anyone is interested. Amazon must have a hand in Sennheiser's fulfillment of the order, they know everything. Not sure why I need to know about purchasing a 2nd set, but that's the computer algorithm, I suppose.

Since I bought my HD650's from Sennheiser's site, I've been seeing ads for that headphone from various sources on half the webpages I visit lol.

As for the AD700 thing, it's suspicious that it was a mistake considering that they listed the same deal twice. But I racked up positive feedback for buying them, and got refunded, so I'm not too mad about it. Plus, I'm too preoccupied listening to my new Senns
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #7,977 of 9,815
Quote:
More than slightly

Haha! I had figured you had already messaged the seller :)

Quote:
Those look absolutely mutilated!! How much would that cost to actually repair it (not just fix the headband)?

The HD650 recently went up in the repair cost. It's a flat repair fee of $160 + tax + shipping. I believe purchasing the parts separate would end up costing more ($120 for the headband + shipping, I think $60 for the mesh cover). Those are really beat up, and with that much work involved, you would probably be better off getting a used pair in good condition. Those are really beat up and not well cared for at all.

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #7,978 of 9,815
Quote:

Those look absolutely mutilated!! How much would that cost to actually repair it (not just fix the headband)?

I don't know. There is no wiring in the headband, right (since it's dual entry)? If Sennheiser has the whole replacement headband and everything else works, it may be worth it. The guy doesn't have too much feedback though and the description is sloppily written.

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #7,979 of 9,815
Quote:

Haha! I had figured you had already messaged the seller :)

The HD650 recently went up in the repair cost. It's a flat repair fee of $160 + tax + shipping. I believe purchasing the parts separate would end up costing more ($120 for the headband + shipping, I think $60 for the mesh cover). Those are really beat up, and with that much work involved, you would probably be better off getting a used pair in good condition. Those are really beat up and not well cared for at all.

$120 for a headband? That's ridiculous. Lol, yeah I knew that price was too good to be true. Sloppily written description and 11 feedback, eeh. Red flags all over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back